PDA

View Full Version : PMF Player Released

wraggster
May 25th, 2006, 23:07
Magik (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=5820) posted this news/release:

I guess the demo disc was good for something after all :)
The archive contains the sceMpeg lib stubs, the PMF Player module and a test app. Binaries for fw 1.5 are included as well. All the info was obtained by disassembly and sniffing with PSPLINK, but some things are still missing, like finding the resolution of the movie.

The test app will try to play a file named 'movie.pmf' from the root of the memory stick. It has no GUI but if someone wants to make one, fell free to do so.

A PMF file is actually some sort of MPEG-2 Program Stream containing AVC video and ATRAC3 audio elementary streams, yet all the MPEG-2 multiplexers I've tried seem to produce incompatible streams. Some PMF files have chapter information in their headers and some of the applications I've looked at show traces of a 'psmf' library that is used to interpret that information.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Thanks to Apoklepz for the tip

aadhu
May 26th, 2006, 10:48
this is something to keep my eye's on....

StealthCP
May 26th, 2006, 11:38
Interesting. May lead to something bigger in the future. Though at least it's made now.

Apoklepz
May 26th, 2006, 20:55
Hey no problem Wraggs. A little help never hurt no one...right?

I just want to add that this is the second app of it's kind that has been released... The other one plays three sequences...better than one at least.

I'll post the link as soon as I can remember where I got it from...t'was a bit long ago, you know.