PDA

View Full Version : DSBasic v2.0

wraggster
May 25th, 2006, 23:27
zzo38computer posted this news/release:

Now I posted V2.0
Now you can edit and run program on Nintendo DS, and some things are fixed and some new commands. (You have to type NEW before typing in a new program, though.)

If you find any bugs or anything else, tell me. Also tell me if is good

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

scorpei
May 26th, 2006, 07:56
Does Gorilla work with this version? I couldn't get it to boot with the last one :(.

chriswyatt
June 3rd, 2006, 13:39
Do you mean Gorilla for QBasic, I doubt that would work with DSBasic.

dvdren
June 27th, 2006, 04:22
Could you tell how to use it?

eggolot
July 30th, 2006, 21:32
can we have a list of command or a tutorial?

JesterDev
September 26th, 2006, 12:21
I can write a rather quick and basic tutorial. If there's any interest I can write a bigger - more detailed one.

All in all if you now GW-Basic this will be a breeze.

Well as an example program type:

10 Print "Hello World!"

To run it type:

Run

This will print "Hello World!" to the next line.

Well that's about it, sorry, I havent had time to play with much esle and see if any of the other commands work. Don't think graphics will work, but then again I have yet to test it.

hellotony521
April 28th, 2007, 03:04
thanks a lot,i've been looking for this soft for a long time ,bty,i'm from China.

Banjo
July 20th, 2007, 17:51
Whatever happened to this fantastic homebrew app? It is such a great idea, but it seems to have been abandoned (hopefully I'm wrong!) after version 2. I think this is a great idea, but not only does development on it seem to have stopped, but this thread is about the only place anywhere on the internet I've seen it mentioned!!!

Also... does this/can this be made to work on a slot-1 flashcart? It seems to run ok on my M3S (R4), but pressing 'select' shows no .bas files on the card (even I have them and the dsbasic.nds file in the root), and I am assuming this is because it's a slot-1 and thus has some kind of file system problem?

I'd love to dig out some of my old BASIC books to try on this. Not to mention see how it goes with some of the hundreds of simple little BASIC programs out there!

Gamepower
February 14th, 2008, 19:33
I can write a rather quick and basic tutorial. If there's any interest I can write a bigger - more detailed one.

All in all if you now GW-Basic this will be a breeze.

Well as an example program type:

10 Print "Hello World!"

To run it type:

Run

This will print "Hello World!" to the next line.

Well that's about it, sorry, I havent had time to play with much esle and see if any of the other commands work. Don't think graphics will work, but then again I have yet to test it.
I´m very interested!!! Write an bigger one!

Banjo
February 15th, 2008, 02:02
Any news or chance this wonderful homebrew will ever be fixed/working? Please? :confused:

zomboula
March 27th, 2008, 15:25
for sound,micropone,sprites,stylus

Wolfman774
May 5th, 2009, 21:18
Would it be possible to do a PC Based BASIC Editor that can compile NDS Files?