PDA

View Full Version : PSP Turrican WIP info

wraggster
May 26th, 2006, 00:05
Arguru (http://psp3d.com/homebrewhacking/t-psp-turrican-screenshots-8050.html) has posted some info on his new game coming soon for the PSP:

decided to extend a bit more my shoot-em'up engine (used for L.A.S.T. demo), to add non-linear scroll-maps, some 2d basic physics (body), and some map/tiling AI so map-text files can be edited easier (the engine will fill corners, shadows, etc).

This is not SMM engine (super mini mario), but a new rewritten one. Some screenshots of a basic-shooter, I used Turrican ripped graphics and some others, note that following maps are up of a bunch of 'R's (wich R means rock tileset), spaces and a few characters for enemy placement.

Despite it's all software rendering, it's running nicely at 60FPS with background parallax scrolling, etc. I'll come with some release game in a couple of weeks.

Argu.

Screenshots Via Comments

crowba
May 26th, 2006, 00:10
i cant wait - and i hope i will be a full game not only a tech demo

PSPdemon
May 26th, 2006, 02:06
:D reminds me of my days with SOLDAT :D

Best of Luck to you :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

MicroNut
May 26th, 2006, 03:01
Bitchen! I cant wait!

Damian666
May 26th, 2006, 03:04
Same here PSPDemon, what a classic!

Damian666
May 26th, 2006, 03:05
Also, best of luck to you Arguru.

MaxSMoke
May 26th, 2006, 05:51
Just a question, but can you use the Analog stick to move around the gun's aiming and the Circle, Square, Triangle, X to move around the gun?

There was an old DOS game called Abuse, and they used the mouse to control the aim direction and the keyboard to move around the guy. Those controls worked GREAT. You got precision aim and amazing mobility. You can use the Shoulder buttons to Fire and Jump. And the directional pad to switch weapons, lob grenades, and change power-ups.

PSPdemon
May 26th, 2006, 05:58
Damian....man, those days were good!!! i hope this supports multiplayer, (unless i didnt se it in the description ) because then...it would just really be like soldat :)

I am going to talk to the authors about making a psp version of soldat :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 26th, 2006, 08:37
looks bloody good im going to put the snes versions on my psp now its wetted my appetite.lol.

jaws365
May 26th, 2006, 09:01
The SNES version does not deserve the title. There is only one Turrican: the Amiga version!

Mr.Modem
May 26th, 2006, 09:13
Damian....man, those days were good!!! i hope this supports multiplayer, (unless i didnt se it in the description ) because then...it would just really be like soldat :)

I really hope that it doesn't support multiplayer because then it wouldn't be Turrican.

mr_nick666
May 26th, 2006, 15:23
Much as it pains me to compliment the Amiga jaws365 is right! :(

This looks cool - hope it gets a full release :D

curse
May 27th, 2006, 22:45
Looking forward to this one, hope to see it soon :)