PDA

View Full Version : PSPAlarm v0.1

wraggster
May 26th, 2006, 00:09
Sodr (http://hem.bredband.net/kalsod/) has released PSPAlarm for the PSP, heres the info:

This is just a simple tool called PSPAlarm that have the
same function as a regualar alarm clock. In other words; you
select what time it'll ring and it will. The alarm sound is
a ordinary .mp3 file so you can easily change it to your favorite
sound/song.

Functions:

- Gets the time from the xmb clock

- Refreshes the clock once a second

- The user can use his/her own .mp3 file as the alarm signal

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gavind
May 26th, 2006, 01:02
fantastic for an hours snooze but dont bet the battery life getting u up after 8 hours sleep.:p sorry, i cudnt help it

mavsman4457
May 26th, 2006, 01:04
does this disable sleep mode? also, what do i do if it says "0 kb/s audio MPEG layer (unexpected layer value) stream at 0Hz?"

edit: ok i am stupid, i didn't put the mp3 in the right file. great program but could use a better gui.

V3N0M
May 26th, 2006, 01:30
What a way to grain the battery. unless its hooked up to outlet but even then the psp is constantly running and would after a long time begin to effect the psp. I don't think the psp was ment to run 24-7.

pokothehobo
May 26th, 2006, 02:06
What a way to grain the battery. unless its hooked up to outlet but even then the psp is constantly running and would after a long time begin to effect the psp. I don't think the psp was ment to run 24-7.

lighten up man, i dont think this coder should be critized for contributing to the psp. i think this looks like a usefull program and im gonna try it out

aries2k4
May 26th, 2006, 02:19
Ya, it could be handy if you just need an alarm after a short period.

Damian666
May 26th, 2006, 03:19
I enjoy this program. It's better then waking up to a noise that just goes "BEEPBEEPBEEP" it's just annoying. I hook up my PSP to my surround sound with one of my favorite songs Homies from Insane Clown Posses.

mavsman4457
May 26th, 2006, 04:01
so can anyone confirm that it is not good to leave your psp on while charging for a long time or is that just speculation?

MaxSMoke
May 26th, 2006, 05:47
I don't think anybody is saying the program is bad, far from it. I'm certain it's very nice, although I haven't tried it myself. What we're saying is that it's not useful, because the PSP isn't made to be on all of the time.

#1. Battery Life wouldn't last 2 hours. Even if he ran it at 1Mhz in "Fake-Sleep" mode, it would be out of power in less then 8 hours.

#2. The PSP isn't made to be on all of the time. We don't know how long it takes for the PSP's Screen and internal optical drive to fail, but chances are, it will if you leave it on 24/7 for weeks or months at a time.

#3. Doesn't the PSP turn itself off without user input after a few minutes?

Of course, with #2, we don't know how long until the PSP will fail from being left on. Could be a few months, could be a few years. It's not like anybody that reads this forum is knowledgeable on LCD lifespans. I know an LED is good for 100,000 hours, but an LCD is a bit different, right?

Does anybody know for sure??

(BTW, why are there no screenshots?)

kettle
May 27th, 2006, 02:08
thx for the PSP alarm btw its really userful if u can keep charging in with ur pc and u can stay it how long as u want well im on the sounds stage and stucked i put it 2 mp3 files named as wakeup.mp3 in two folders with eboot but it still dont work any idea :) ? plz help

wm4e696
May 27th, 2006, 03:03
how do you put it on the psp

Auron
July 2nd, 2006, 19:37
ummm... 1 question, my psp should be in sleep mode or it can be turned off completly?? i'm asking 'cuase i had a program that like organizer so alarm worked only if the program running and my psp is in slep mode... :(

jorgecasanova
November 15th, 2006, 22:03
but Where In Da Psp Dew U Put It And In Wat Folder And Wat Folder Name And From Where Dew U Open Da File Wen You Turn On Da Psp????......help N E Body????????????

x-zero
November 15th, 2006, 22:20
this will be a handy application two thumbs up

cloud_vwd
November 17th, 2006, 13:24
for me the file seems to be corrupted, any one have a thought why?? i put it the game folder under ALARM with the mp3 file but when i open it on my psp its stopped by the message file corrupted?

gamemn11
October 12th, 2007, 02:18
this is a great idea but i dont know where to save it or what to name it

Jaymun
November 27th, 2008, 00:02
Great tool, I use it just for reminders, like if I have an hour until I need to be somewhere, I just set this

dgamr
January 24th, 2009, 09:32
This is neat. Good work.