PDA

View Full Version : PSPColem: A ColecoVision Emulator for PSP v1.0.1

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 16:09
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcolem-snap-1.jpg

Hi All,

ColEm is one of the best emulator of the ColecoVision videogame system written by Marat Fayzullin.
It's running on FreeBSD, HP-UX, SunOS, Solaris, Linux, and other Unix systems.

There are also ports to MacOS, MSDOS, Windows, OS/2, PocketPC and other
systems. See http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/ for further informations.

I've sucessfully modified, and port the source code of the Unix version 1.0 of ColEm.
It's now working fine on PSP !

It has been developped on linux for Firmware 2.5 using the great GTA eloader (0.97) from
http://www.fanjita.org/, but it should work properly on other firmwares. I've integrated a 1.5FW
binary version (kxploit).

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

It's a first beta release and work still remain (sound support, save state etc ...)

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence, read COPYING.txt file for more
information about it.

PS: Special thanks to Danzel and Jeff Chen for their virtual keyboard, and to all PSPSDK developpers.

Enjoy, :)

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

sroon
May 26th, 2006, 16:42
Alrite cant wayt to try it.
Great job again!!

crossfadeking
May 26th, 2006, 16:46
how do you keep coming out with things?

maybe you can make a msx emulator that works on firmware 2.0+:)

SmashinGit
May 26th, 2006, 16:47
Bring on Ladybug! Thanks ZX-81 :)

crowba
May 26th, 2006, 16:49
nice work zx-81 you keep them coming :P

T-2000
May 26th, 2006, 17:21
about time something cool like this came out for the Psp instead of boring Apps..

cal360
May 26th, 2006, 17:38
you can come out with these faster than anyone else

Unicorn
May 26th, 2006, 17:59
it seems that the emulators list on PSP will reach infinite very soon :D
Could u post any site about this "new" machine?as well as where can we get good roms?, i even dont know when was this system born xD.
As always...thanks ZX ;) .

joesnose
May 26th, 2006, 17:59
zx, are you a computerized robot, no im not paranoid!, how do you do it, im impressed, im not worthy, thanks mate.

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 18:11
it seems that the emulators list on PSP will reach infinite very soon :D
Could u post any site about this "new" machine? i even dont know when was this system born xD.
As always...thanks ZX ;) .

Official ColEm emulator web site (http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/)

Colecovision on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colecovision)

:)

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 18:12
zx, are you a computerized robot, no im not paranoid!, how do you do it, im impressed, im not worthy, thanks mate.

Yes i'm inside the matrix ;), my real name is Neo :D

Kramer
May 26th, 2006, 18:21
nice emulator man
can anyone suggest some good games

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 18:30
nice emulator man

work still remain ... there is no sound, but i'm working on it :D

For good games i don't know, Zaxxon is my favorite :)

LAMPRO
May 26th, 2006, 18:34
Is that Zaxxom in the screenshot? Whats the name of that game??

zackforbing
May 26th, 2006, 18:39
holy crap, does this work with intellivision games?!

that was my first system, guess that dates me, huh? :o

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 18:49
Is that Zaxxom in the screenshot? Whats the name of that game??

Yes :D

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 18:56

I haven't tried but i guess no ...

parsifal968
May 26th, 2006, 19:04
to ZX-81:
only a little question... are you planned a Commodore VIC-20 emulator port for PSP?
VICE is a great start and if you look on
http://perso.numericable.fr/~ckckck/C64_PSPVice.html
i think is pretty simple and fast for you to use the source (ask for the latest) and the already work to do a fast VIC-20 port.

Me and some other people waiting this port.
I have already looked at the source and tried to port but not have much time to do stuff and YOU are seriously much more experienced than me.

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 19:16
to ZX-81:
only a little question... are you planned a Commodore VIC-20 emulator port for PSP?
VICE is a great start and if you look on
http://perso.numericable.fr/~ckckck/C64_PSPVice.html
i think is pretty simple and fast for you to use the source (ask for the latest) and the already work to do a fast VIC-20 port.

AFAIK this port has been already done ? I haven't tried, but your problem is that it doesn't work on 2.5 or 2.6 FW ?

mr_nick666
May 26th, 2006, 19:19
Youve definately started the request thing going! :p
This is great :cool: How about the Nascom 2 (is there an emulator for it!?) - OLD school! :rolleyes:
My boss is your newest fan - He collects retro computers :p You may even have created more profit for Sony as he wants to buy a PSP to use your emulators! ;)

vidgrip
May 26th, 2006, 19:23
nice emulator man

Jumpman Jr.
Pitfall II
Gateway To Apshai
Looping
Venture
It's Only Rock N Roll

Not sure if any/all these are compatible, but they are agreat place to start

parsifal968
May 26th, 2006, 19:38
AFAIK this port has been already done ? I haven't tried, but your problem is that it doesn't work on 2.5 or 2.6 FW ?

Sorry for my english...
the link is for a C64 only port of vice and looking on the source... a port of VIC-20 seem simple.

zx-81
May 26th, 2006, 19:50
Sorry for my english...
the link is for a C64 only port of vice and looking on the source... a port of VIC-20 seem simple.

Ok, i get it :o. As you know, actually i'm working on SamCoupé and Colecovision emu, but when i'll finish, why not trying to port it :)

parsifal968
May 26th, 2006, 20:09
Ok, i get it :o. As you know, actually i'm working on SamCoupé and Colecovision emu, but when i'll finish, why not trying to port it :)

well...
the source code on the site is from vice 1.14 but if you ask to Christophe they send latest beta source code that are from vice 1.18.
Anywhay almost all work is done... vice have a great portability.
Grabbing the original vice sourcecode from viceteam.org and modifying the makefile from pspvice and little changes on the PSP sourcecode parts... i think is a 2-3 hours of coding for YOU!

Many peoples waiting this port! ;)

StealthCP
May 26th, 2006, 21:17
King... :D

Illegal Machine
May 26th, 2006, 22:12

I haven't tried but i guess no ...

Dude I would LOVE an intellivision emulator.

that and this Colecovision emu need to be perfected

oh and GREAT WORK

Cho Aniki
May 26th, 2006, 22:27
Soon x68000 is the only thing left:) keep up the great work (theres a open source x68000 emu called Virtual X68000 *cough* )

Damian666
May 26th, 2006, 23:18
Wow ZX-81 you've really baffled me on all of these releases. It's just one thing after another, keep up the good work, pal!

vettacossx
May 27th, 2006, 01:24
this is ok but what happen we skipped the cartridge neo geo aes??emulator....and halo zero psp idea from scratch? they would be more worth the time than this...but this is....ok

djamm
May 27th, 2006, 03:10
Well, I really pleased to see this...loving all the 8 bit retro...still think you should look at mess... -=smiles=-

also heard someone mention the name bliss or was that intellivision...:D

ThanX

-=djamm=-

DrSarcasmo
May 27th, 2006, 03:52
Well, I tried both versions on my 2.0 PSP using eboot .97 and the TIFF exploit and it won't boot...Just resets the PSP...And I was looking forward to playing Venture SOOO badly...LOL

Welp, better luck next time...:(

DrSarcasmo

jordilt
May 27th, 2006, 09:15
:D Hello Zx,

You are simply tireless!!!!. I was looking in my memory stick to see how many homebrew made by you I have, and this is the result:

Pspcap32 (I love this one)
pspbeeb
pspsim
pspxti
psp-ftpd
and,now pspcolem.....

well, as you can see I am your greatest fan!!
You have to know that I am 41 years old..... and when I was a child, the cpc was my brother´s computer, and I had a MSX ( I even did some programs in basic that I have recorded in a tape somewhere ). That is why I love to play now with all this 8bit machine emulators, and you will make me the happiest man in the world if some day you can port an MSX emulator that works whith 2.0+.

Thanks again for all you hard work Zx!!!

p.s. about the pspcolem I have to say it is looking very nice, but is too fast, I guess when sound comes, speed would be more accurate.

p.p.s. sorry for my english...

crossfadeking
May 27th, 2006, 09:43
i second you jordilt on that msx emulator.
would be good to be able to use it on my psp which is 2.6.
realy want to play snatcher and sd snatcher

zx-81
May 27th, 2006, 11:09
p.s. about the pspcolem I have to say it is looking very nice, but is too fast, I guess when sound comes, speed would be more accurate.

Yes i know it's too fast, i've to work on this issue. BTW i've got a first version with working sound, but it's not accurate enough (metalic sound etc ...). i'm a novice on sound algorithm development :o :o

zx-81
May 27th, 2006, 11:11
i second you jordilt on that msx emulator.
would be good to be able to use it on my psp which is 2.6.
realy want to play snatcher and sd snatcher

MSX, why not ... i can port the Marat Fayzullin's fMSX emulator :). I haven't tried it, but it seems to use the SDL stuff, so easier to port on PSP.

Illegal Machine
May 27th, 2006, 19:32
I think you should do an intellivision emu next. after this one is 100% done.

If you need help with sound emulation, then maybe you should drop Yoyofr, or Zelurker a line. these guys seem to have a good idea of what theyre doing.

someone like that could shave off some valuable time. Or you could always just do a little research and learn more about it (which is always best)

anyway, yea it was too fast, and no sound. but it looked great, and the control was pretty good I guess (in the 5 minutes that I tested it out for)