PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii Gets a Huge Thumbs Up In Japan - PS3 Too Expensive.

wraggster
May 26th, 2006, 16:17
Nearly 70% of readers said they are most looking forward to Wii. 21% voted for PlayStation 3, while the others voted for systems already released. 88.4% of readers believe PlayStation 3 is too expensive, while 10% believe it's "about right".

Readers have also been voting on the most important announcements to come out of E3.

Famitsu readers' biggest news of E3

1. PlayStation 3's price and release date announcement
2. Final Fantasy XIII announcement
3. Nintendo's Wii price/release date no-show
4. Nintendo Wii title line-up announcement
5. Announcement of Super Smash Brothers X on Wii

Readers also voted in the game they are most looking forward to...

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Via NextGen (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3103&Itemid=2)

Cooe14
May 26th, 2006, 19:34
SCORE Sony is losing followers in there home country! Wragg you just made my day :)

400th post YIPPIE! at a rate of 6.47 posts a day. :)

V3N0M
May 26th, 2006, 19:46
Has Kaiser seen this if he does he will say " Why does everyone hate Playstation" and try to convince you all the other companys are just as bad lol.

colecole
May 27th, 2006, 08:01
ps3 is touting its ability to play this new format, blu-ray. anyone else here remember how crappy ps2 was at playing dvds? well i do, and most people i knew who had a ps2 do as well. it sucked, always skipping and messing up the image, etc. even with brand new discs!! i knew a few people who had to go as far as replacing their ps2's because they just didnt work right. anyway, i think that since this blu-ray is new technology, they will have many problems with it as well. even xbox360 had lots of glitches when it came out. problem is, too much new technology trying to be shoved into a tiny box. anyone else seeing this???

Kaiser
May 27th, 2006, 08:05
Has Kaiser seen this if he does he will say " Why does everyone hate Playstation" and try to convince you all the other companys are just as bad lol.

;)

I like all the systems equally (aside from the 360). I got my Wii pre-order all ready. This will definetly be an interesting generation of games. I'm expecting Microsoft to fall to a distant third place.

Cooe14
May 27th, 2006, 18:26
I'm expecting Microsoft to fall to a distant third place.
I highly doubt that. If Microsoft can make it's goal of having sold 10 Million Xbox 360's before the PS3 hits the market. I will expect them to hold their second place position. I am also expecting PS3 sales to much less than the PS2 sales where due to the extremely high price point.

Emeriastone
May 27th, 2006, 19:00
I hope that all the negative reinforcement will cause sony to rethink their pricing strategy.

tisti
May 27th, 2006, 20:44
I think this gen is gona be a neck to neck race :) The more agressive the competetors the better for the customers.

DessyDago
May 30th, 2006, 05:54
;)

I like all the systems equally (aside from the 360). I got my Wii pre-order all ready. This will definetly be an interesting generation of games. I'm expecting Microsoft to fall to a distant third place.

Got mine on pre-order also. The thing about microsoft is everyone is praising their new xbox live unlimited. Doesn't that mean I can play vs people with my pc over xbox360? My pc already is getting better visuals on oblvion with higher fps then the xbox360, xbox live unlimited is just another reason for me to stick with my pc and spend my money on another console.

stotheamuel
May 30th, 2006, 05:58
damnit people its worth more than 600$!!!!

V3N0M
May 30th, 2006, 06:12
Yes it is. But is still expensive. Weather or not people are willing to buy it is a toss up. I will buy one eventually after i have the other two.

nmkrapper
June 8th, 2006, 12:31
I think I'll buy them both, as soon as price drops come for ps3 (2007)