PDA

View Full Version : First Psp Modchip Announced - Undiluted Platinum!! - (Take as a rumour for now)

Kramer
May 26th, 2006, 18:44
First PSP Modchip Announced - Undiluted Platinum!

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/46315_up2.jpg

A new modchip called Undiluted Platinum is from what rumours say will be appearing soon, it can boot either Sony or Custom Firmware and run Homebrew Code. Take as a rumour for now until its 100% confirmed.

Sony will be watching this with major legal interest if it becomes reality.

Edit by wraggster

Take all modchip rumours as fake until its confirmed real, remember a lot of sites will post suposed news as real even if its fake, photoshop can easily make nice modchip images :D

matrix39
May 26th, 2006, 18:49
oh man this is sweet, will it have like a switch to select what firmware? or will it use boot up commands?

zrns
May 26th, 2006, 18:53
awesome. hope its easy to install this by yourself
btw. kramer: how about some links

Emeriastone
May 26th, 2006, 19:01
The war is over?

Jonesyxxiv
May 26th, 2006, 19:04
This is awesome. I hope its easy to self install. How much is this going to cost?

uranidiot
May 26th, 2006, 19:06
finally! Its So Beautiful!

Raydar
May 26th, 2006, 19:06
I'm sceptical. I'm not saying this is fake, but why didn't the poster add source URL's?

wraggster
May 26th, 2006, 19:08
theres no real urls for it at the mo, once a real source is found (when i say real i mean the REAL one not just some sites version of it) ill update.

Kramer
May 26th, 2006, 19:09
i just saw it on pspu and thought people might want to know about it

wraggster
May 26th, 2006, 19:11
yeah i added a little edit, whether or not its true im not sure but i know that they previously posted fake vids and modchip news before so naturally we are very weary of such news.

El Payo
May 26th, 2006, 19:16
You know what would be even cooler? If Sony would just allow homebrew apps developers to sign their code.

But then again, we're talking about Sony.

wraggster
May 26th, 2006, 19:21
found out that QJ arent the source and the supposed source who they got it off hasnt posted links either, all very strange

Cooe14
May 26th, 2006, 19:32
My guess is that it its 100% fake.

wraggster
May 26th, 2006, 19:36
yeah im afraid that the original source maybe using this as a rather crafty way of getting more visitors and so more cash, so for now its interesting but if its real then ill post the real news,

E.J.
May 26th, 2006, 19:43
I think it's fake.... is seems too sudden and there is no a real source to confirm the rumor...

bandit
May 26th, 2006, 19:43
maxconsole claims its real and that they were the first to post it. Next week we're supposedly going to hear more information about it.

F9zDark
May 26th, 2006, 19:46
It has got to be fake. No reason that any site producing a mod chip should hold out on their information.

And, if it is indeed real, where on earth would it fit? The PSP is tightly packed as is. And I sure wouldnt want to modify the case to install a mod chip...

kevho
May 26th, 2006, 19:53
hope it's real coz if it is "Sony vs homebrew" will be history ^^

V3N0M
May 26th, 2006, 19:55
Yep the best of both worlds but you risk a huge chance of bricking your psp especialy if you don't know what your doing.

under_0ath777
May 26th, 2006, 20:00
i'll be spending the rest of the day researching this!
but these questions are needed

1. first of all is it solderless?
2. is it a Loader or launch off the xmb?
3. internal or external?
4. price?

dsdavis6
May 26th, 2006, 20:03
1. not sure
2. neither it just an alternative flash memory
3. internal
4. not sure but probly a lot at first

Cooe14
May 26th, 2006, 20:03
i'll be spending the rest of the day researching this!
but these questions are needed

1. first of all is it solderless?
2. is it a Loader or launch off the xmb?
3. internal or external?
4. price?
Nobody knows the anwser to any of those questions.

dsdavis6
May 26th, 2006, 20:04
also im wonderin if anyone thinks this will enable iso compatibility cos if it does then i will be glad 2 upgrade finally to play some of my umds

StealthCP
May 26th, 2006, 20:12
Excellent news. I will buy 50 of these when they come out, if they do. :D

The selection will probably come with custom firmware on the extra modchip, and will be triggered by a trigger button probably (such as holding O whilst booting) OR it could have a dual boot menu like you would get with a PC.

It is very interesting news as you could load firmware that cannot load any PSP homebrew, but namely a fully developed Linux distribution with programs for that. If that ever appears and works well, emulators with excellent code will be very easy to port.

One of the next things I notice is that IF you brick your PSP, you could boot up your mod partition and reset the firmware.

Also I want to ask this question: Will this modchip replace the flash module on the motherboard? I think it won't, but if it does then it cannot legally come with any firmware on it, as that is licensed by Sony. I'll keep my eye on this one.

EDIT: Price? I'd say around £40-50 at first, which I think is reasonable enough for the first modchip ever for the PSP. Anyone remember the first ones for the PS2? Soldering? If so, it won't matter much. Get someone with good soldering skills to do it for you, and installation instructions will probably come with it.

Mr.Modem
May 26th, 2006, 20:19
The original source for this news is the Maxconsole forum. The news was posted by a respected member, one of the administrators of the site. He claims that this is 100% real. He also said that it will require soldering. I still have some doubts about this but it looks promising. I don't know how the hell they could fit a modchip inside the psp though.

JadaBloom
May 26th, 2006, 20:23
Quick question about the psp itself if anyone can answer. How is the encryption handled is it run through memory of the flash chip? If so how could they bypass this?

mr_nick666
May 26th, 2006, 20:24
If this is true my 1.5 days may be at an end...?

Cooe14
May 26th, 2006, 20:27
I don't know how the hell they could fit a modchip inside the psp though.
Exactly. That's one of the biggest reasons i don't belive this is real.

lordnibbla
May 26th, 2006, 20:29
maxconsole claims its real and that they were the first to post it. Next week we're supposedly going to hear more information about it.

:rolleyes:
ps2nfo also says they were first and
"This is 100% real just incase you had any doubts. "

Accordion
May 26th, 2006, 20:30
hmm?
if this is real it is amazing
i do know Team Emergency Exit were trying to build a dual flash/dual boot mod chip, so you could have both 1.5 and the latest firmware on, they were going to use the wifi switch to alternate, though T.E.E seem to have gone silent,
it seems too good to be true, who ever made it(or claims to )

Cap'n 1time
May 26th, 2006, 20:43
:rolleyes:
ps2nfo also says they were first and
"This is 100% real just incase you had any doubts. "

hahaha... but seriously.... :p

mavsman4457
May 26th, 2006, 20:45
if this isn't real, there will be a real one in the next couple of months.

bobcobb
May 26th, 2006, 21:22
I'd get one if it was true. A modchip could unlock the capabilities of the PSP that Sony neglected to provide.

SSaxdude
May 26th, 2006, 21:27
I hope this is true so that everyone can experience homebrew, even if you bought one of the new ones.

Damian666
May 26th, 2006, 21:49
The least I can say, is that this modchip is a fake. I mean, I have to agree with Cooe14 on this one. How exactly could you fit a modchip inside the PSP. Until there is further information on this product, I'll leave it as a fake.

Harshboy
May 26th, 2006, 21:50
For me i dont see a use for this, since i have Firmware 1.5, but there might be some other features. Maybe a new casing for the PSP (Full front and back) that will allow Mini-DVD-rs to be read and played (because of mod-chip). You could back games up over USB and burn to mini DVDs...who knows.

F9zDark
May 26th, 2006, 21:57
that will allow Mini-DVD-rs to be read and played (because of mod-chip). You could back games up over USB and burn to mini DVDs...who knows.

Not possible, MiniDiscs are larger in physical size than UMDs. You'd need to modify the entire UMD drive area to allow for it to read MiniDiscs.

And it has got to be a fake. A real mod chip, and mod chip team, would have their own website, with links, images, technical specs, etc.

Not just a quick post at some forums.

shadowprophet
May 26th, 2006, 21:58
That would give me a reason to buy another psp.
untill then i would be stuck with those useless new ones that cant play real homebrew :p
So im really hopeing :cool:

StealthCP
May 26th, 2006, 22:10
Ok.

I have opened up my PSP for another looksee again. There is definitely room for a minimal modchip like the one shown in the screenshot, so don't convince yourself it's 100% fake yet. If you can get a motherboard mod that allows you to hook up your PSP to the TV then you can get a modchip inside the PSP.

Keep your eyes peeled: you don't want it to be fake, right?

Damian666
May 26th, 2006, 22:12
It would be a dream for us 2.01+ users Shadowprophet. But until I'm convinced of further information, I state this modchip as a fake. I mean there has to be some sort of link, a team, and some help with those who don't know what to do.

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 22:14
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That image is so fake!!!!!!!!!
and i can even prove it!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/4GBmemorychip.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/46315_up2.jpg
ha!!! now i think is revealed. it is photoshop work!
well the image i took it myself, this chip is from the 4GB hard drive for the psp that broke and im repairing this day till i heard this news, and i was like wow, that chip looks like my 4GBchip HDD, and i saw it in detailed and it is! the image is edited!
well i done a job hear and i resolve the image.
im not sure about this rumor, but as can be seen in other systems, they do have modchips, and the psp will have one in the future.....i hope....... O.O
lol ^ ^

Nasty Nate
May 26th, 2006, 22:16
man this would be so cool if it were real, ive seen some modders and what they do is awesome, just think, an infernus on GTA:LCS with your own icon and paint job

edit--Sorry i was typing when you posted this /|\

Shilo
May 26th, 2006, 22:19
I hope this isn't a stupid June fools joke :D. If this is turns out to be real, I gota get one! No matter what the cost.

shadowprophet
May 26th, 2006, 22:21
and i can even prove it!
well the image i took it myself, this chip is from the 4GB hard drive for the psp that broke and im repairing this day till i heard this news, and i was like wow, that chip looks like my 4GBchip HDD, and i saw it in detailed and it is! the image is edited!
im not sure about this rumor, but as can be seen in other systems, they do have modchips, and the psp will have one in the future.....i hope....... O.O
lol ^ ^
To be honest I cant really say I know enough about the chipset to call you out on that.
But if you look closely at the chips they only bear the same name brand, you can see there differences:confused:
But then. I repeat. I do no know the chipset in the psp hard drive as well as you would. So I could be wrong :o

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 22:23
If this is turns out to be real, I gota get one! No matter what the cost.

:D ha ha, me too!

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 22:29
To be honest I cant really say I know enough about the chipset to call you out on that.
But if you look closely at the chips they only bear the same name brand, you can see there differences:confused:
But then. I repeat. I do no know the chipset in the psp hard drive as well as you would. So I could be wrong :o
As i say, its photoshop magic, and i know it because
i am an photoshop user, it is totally edited, the company dont make modchips, so it is proven to me, i can also be wrong, but this prove is a 99% right

michael jackson
May 26th, 2006, 22:29
and i can even prove it!
lol ^ ^

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME HOW TO FIX MINE!

Mine busted and now i'm out 175 dollars, my psp is useless untill i fork over 100's of $ for new memory or fix that

secondly just because its the same brand doesnt mean shit, if you look closely the chips arent 100% exact, the bottom halves are different, its possible that company makes effective parts cheaply and they chose to make it from those

secondly the psp isnt as packed inside as you think, very few things you buy ar as big inside as the case is outside

an example is any of your home pc's, open one up, if its not a mac chances are even if you added ram, gfx cards new power sources disk drives etc etc itd still have about 30-50% of air space

third, this looks fake to me, lack of info for one, butanyone remember when the daedalus port was released? i didnt hear crap until someone just randomly released the only other semi-working 64 emu one day

some people dont brag before their work is done, until we se it or not nothing is 100% either way just wait, wait like all of us 1.5users did when everyone was upgrading to play GTA it took 1.5 months and we had GTA + most other 2.5 games

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 22:46
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME HOW TO FIX MINE!

Mine busted and now i'm out 175 dollars, my psp is useless untill i fork over 100's of $ for new memory or fix that

lol, it takes a lot of knowledge, and a soldering iron. oh and also lead. Problem is that by bending between the memorystick and the cable, the tiny cables inside the memory stick snaps and turns usless, sometimes the psp starts only blinks the orange light thingy. (i dont know about yours but mine did). aim me or anything for more information

secondly just because its the same brand doesnt mean shit, if you look closely the chips arent 100% exact, the bottom halves are different, its possible that company makes effective parts cheaply and they chose to make it from those

as i said, PHOTOSHOP MAGIC!.yo can see it is edited, moving some parts here and there. watch, im gonna create a modchip later on and you will see

SnoopKatt
May 26th, 2006, 22:53
Hope it's real.

Cap'n 1time
May 26th, 2006, 22:55
http://www.actel.com/products/proasicplus/

I fail to see how simply because this chip has the same namebrand proves this to be a hoax. actel prodcues these empty flashable chips and sells them to manufacturers.

This is a pic from the messiah 2 modchip with the actel chip
http://www.modchip-italia.com/m2__v131_140x200.jpg

this is the xecuter 3 with an actel chip
http://www.modordie.com/catalog/images/XB_X3_CE_TOP.png

and another pic of the x3 with an actel chip
http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/4/xecuter3/actelx3_s.jpg

i can find more if you like. :)

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 22:57
see carefully in the chip actel, buttom part of the logo, somebody erased the serial number and edited their logo on it.
i know chips all chips,they must have something for identification as serial codes.

shadowprophet
May 26th, 2006, 23:03
Sorry but pixel fer pixel that is not photoshoped :rolleyes:
Here take a closer look.
I have included a negitive of the same image. That would further reveal this is not a photoshoped pic:)

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 23:12
did i ever told you that all chips must have identification from the manufacturer like actel has.

This is a pic from the messiah 2 modchip with the actel chip
http://www.modchip-italia.com/m2__v131_140x200.jpg

this is the xecuter 3 with an actel chip
http://www.modordie.com/catalog/images/XB_X3_CE_TOP.png

and another pic of the x3 with an actel chip
http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/4/xecuter3/actelx3_s.jpg

somebody erased the ID and put their logo on top of it.
and another thing, photoshop is the #1 photo editing in the world

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 23:16
oh and thank you 1timeuser for the image sites

DPyro
May 26th, 2006, 23:16
It was photoshoped...

shadowprophet
May 26th, 2006, 23:20
Im not argueing because when it comes to chipsets.
Thats a little beyond my knowlage.
But I am fairly certain this is not a photoshoped image tho. Ive messed with photo shop a whole lot too. And an edited image will always leave traces.
Pixel per pexil this image blends pefectly.
naturaly, Photosop was never used to erase any serial numbers and put another logo on it.
Unless the origenal image was in such high quality it would have been uncanny. And then edited in that high quality format. and then shrunk down to its final form.
Which is possible I suppose.
But if it is fake. the whole point it why?
I mean they have a board and a chipset and a product. and yet you call it out based on a logo on the chipset? seems unreasonible to me a little bit:p

I will grant you however you do have a point on the serial numbers on the chip, ive never seen a chip that didnt have them ever. and there oddly missing here.

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 23:26
Does anybody knows what is copy and paste?
thats what the image has... :)

DPyro
May 26th, 2006, 23:31
I'm not saying its fake, I'm just saying someone used Photoshop :p

shadowprophet
May 26th, 2006, 23:33
Why would someone use photoshop if it wasnt fake:confused:
If photoshop was indeed used, then this is fake, hands down..

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 23:38
I'm not saying its fake, I'm just saying someone used Photoshop :p
:eek: yes they did, and is fake. incredible isn't it? ;)
copied and edited from a 4GB HDD chipset.
moving itty bitty tiny parts from one place to another :D he he

acn010
May 26th, 2006, 23:42
:rolleyes:to create attention around the internet.
it is fake:cool:

Nasty Nate
May 26th, 2006, 23:50
im going to have to agree, i could've done that on photoshop, all you have to do is zoom in, like that one guy said, and make sure that the edit is not visible

really not that hard

Ennohex
May 26th, 2006, 23:59
If Sony has any brains now, they'll make a firmwear that FULLY supports homebrew, or make one that acts as a mod-chip killer. We'll have to wait and see. I'm still on 1.5, I hope the'll still release games that don't require firmware upgrades. It's sad, the amount of games I simply don't buy if they force upgrades. I hope MK Unchained doesn't need an firmwear upgrade, or I might have to get a mod myself!

r2works
May 27th, 2006, 00:40
i think u guys are forgetting this is Sony. And even if a mod chip is released, its only a matter of time tell Sony finds a way around it, and releases a new FW that your required to download to play new games.

acn010
May 27th, 2006, 00:47
i think u guys are forgetting this is Sony. And even if a mod chip is released, its only a matter of time tell Sony finds a way around it, and releases a new FW that your required to download to play new games.
yeah but the modchip will be like another ram memory for the psp without using the firmware.
pretty interesting though:eek:

so_cal_forever
May 27th, 2006, 01:00

Really the only way the modchip can be combated is if the firmware can be made to detect a modded system, like the pre-stealth mod-chip era of the PS1s. And even then, it'd quite possibly be passed, just like it was back then.

Hopefully, this mod chip does truly exist.

blaz3d
May 27th, 2006, 01:30
hold on tight, hope for the best, expect the worst.
All you can do!:p

Video_freak
May 27th, 2006, 01:52
wow. so much arguement over a mod-chip that probably (still crossing my finger) isn't even real. the guys who make these pictures really know how to start drama....

not here anymore
May 27th, 2006, 01:58
Damn this is great news. at long last a Modchip for psp. i think it will just offer a Second flash so that the psp itself can have 1.00 or 1.50 on board and 2.7++ on the chip. or the other way round.
with most likely a "hold "button" on startup to boot from 2nd flash", or something ^^

no, my capslock key works just fine..

Forever~Zero
May 27th, 2006, 02:02
Hope its real though. Would like to try out some homebrew.

DPyro
May 27th, 2006, 02:17
ÿØÿà JFIF  d d ÿì Ducky    ÿî Adobe dÀ ÿÛ „   

Thats what the first line looks like when you hex edit the picture.

Shadowblind
May 27th, 2006, 02:21
pspu huh... not all too reliable

faceless
May 27th, 2006, 02:36
considering the source (maxconsole) i'm inclined to believe that it's real...

and i can't believe people think it's fake cuz it uses an actel chip like that HDD addon... well, as someone else already posted, lots of other modchips use actels! hell, seeing as maxconsole ran the story without question, i'm inclined to say a pre-existing and reputable mod team is making it...

BrooksyX
May 27th, 2006, 02:38
ÿØÿà JFIF  d d ÿì Ducky    ÿî Adobe dÀ ÿÛ „   

Thats what the first line looks like when you hex edit the picture.

now hold on sniper. They had to use photoshop to make the image with the psp and the logo in it. That doesnt mean that they used it to make a fake chip.
Now I am not going to say i think this is real or fake.
But Obviously I am hopeing for the best. Not that i would even buy the first mod chip. But once one mod chip is made many more will come and they will keep getting better and better.

DPyro
May 27th, 2006, 03:29
I never said it was fake, I just said they used Photoshop :D

tophead420
May 27th, 2006, 03:31
ooo this will be awsome if it acually does come and if it is will it like have the ability to change your fw bc i want 1.5 or will it just simply beable fo a 2.6er to run any brew they want i sure hope so bc id luv to have sumtin like ir shell on my psp

acn010
May 27th, 2006, 03:36
lol, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!!!
lmao.
as for me, it is truly fake, ,a nd yes in the future there will be a modchip for the psp, but i think is too early for that, and yes as my photo, everychip has an identification code, and the image does not, its just a photoshop edited copied and paste, and moving tiny particles to another place(little tweaks to look cool). and no, no nothing, no site for the modchip, no prototype of actel models nothing, its just a fraud,( i was searching like hell if theraes a related models, and no, its just a chip from the 4GB HDD for the psp.

Cap'n 1time
May 27th, 2006, 04:49
I never said it was fake, I just said they used Photoshop :D

nope, psp's really glow like that. :)
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/46315_up2.jpg
And everyone knows you watermarks like that are done in MSpaint. :p

shadowprophet
May 27th, 2006, 05:28
Ive looked this entire photo over with a fine tooth comb looking for proof of anything.
I got to examining closely the smaller chip on the bottom and you can see planely this seconed chip had been photo shoped right on to the background.
prooveing this entire pic is a fake.
If your eyes are good and you examine this carefully
you will see an unnaturaly smooth spot on this chip that was clearly edited in photo shop with high resolution.
This image I have uploaded has not been touched up. of you need proof just grab the origenal image and zoom in on the seconed chip untill you see this.
The evidence is clear the picture has been edited in photoshop. this is clearly a fake.
I should have examined it more closely before.

This may not proove much to anyone but to me it prooves a lot. this entire pic was clearly a fake.

V3N0M
May 27th, 2006, 06:01
Good infestigation. This is now debunked for now...

scarph
May 27th, 2006, 06:32
obviously photoshop would be used in something like this. showing the hex really doesnt mean anything. what kind of company would put out any image without photoshopping and cleaning it up. They had to put the logo in there anyway.

scarph
May 27th, 2006, 06:36
Ive looked this entire photo over with a fine tooth comb looking for proof of anything.
I got to examining closely the smaller chip on the bottom and you can see planely this seconed chip had been photo shoped right on to the background.
you will see an unnaturaly smooth spot on this chip that was clearly edited in photo shop with high resolution.
This image I have uploaded has not been touched up. of you need proof just grab the origenal image and zoom in on the seconed chip untill you see this.
The evidence is clear the picture has been edited in photoshop. this is clearly a fake.

This may not proove much to anyone but to me it prooves a lot. this entire pic was clearly a fake.

yea i see what you mean, it looks like its been cloned or something. but no matter, people could hoax better than this to cause buzz, im still going with real

Mr.Modem
May 27th, 2006, 09:04
Even if the picture is fake doesn't prove that they're not working on a modchip. This can be a concept picture to show what the final design will look like. They have probably done a much bigger chip that is mounted outside the psp for testing purposes. I'm not saying this is real, I just think that we shall wait til we get more info before we make any conclusions.

EDIT: Here's a bigger picture of the chip from maxconsole: http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/1430/uppsp4zq.jpg

wowfan
May 27th, 2006, 10:35

you are referring to the blacked out the smaller chip, the Actel chip looks fine as you said earlier. they could have blacked out the smaller chip because it said something on it which is knowledge and could be used by a competitor.

shame13
May 27th, 2006, 10:49
i just hope its real.....but i wont get my hopes up too high.

mog
May 27th, 2006, 13:46
People have already got close enough to creating a mod chip or something similar.
Looking around some russian and chinese forums; there are quite a few people trying to do this sort of stuff to their psp's. :)

I hope this mod chip isn't released yet though...
I just think it would be best to wait for a few things first:
- PS3 w/ PSP integration
- PSOne emulator
- Firmware 3.0 or whatever the ps3 and ps1 emu are using.

It would be bad if the modchip was to scare sony into delaying these things, or putting in some crazy security patch that somehow detects and disables modchips. :p

Zion
May 27th, 2006, 13:58
That would be so cool. Use 1.5 for homebrew and 2.6/2.7 for our umd's!

gronne
May 27th, 2006, 16:14
It doesn't even have to be photoshoped. These companies obviously have equipment to make a fake chip for a picture. I mean they could've made it with any colour or with any shape they wanted, and then just take a picture and say it's a modchip.

shadowprophet
May 27th, 2006, 17:43
It doesn't even have to be photoshoped. These companies obviously have equipment to make a fake chip for a picture. I mean they could've made it with any colour or with any shape they wanted, and then just take a picture and say it's a modchip.
Between the hex editing sniper did. and the proof I found.
I mean the unnatural blot in the pic is a mark left behind by editation in photoshop. Thats much is clearly evedent;)

urherenow
May 27th, 2006, 18:19
Too many posts here to remember who I'm replying to but here are some replies.

My HDD broke as well and I got it repaired. It's best to find someone who works on electronics for a living (preferable one who is mini or micro/mini qualified). If your brave you can try is yourself. you need a very sharp soldering iron, some dentist pick looking things, a razor(or exacto knife) and a big magnifying glass. Basically use the exacto knife to carefully separate and expose the wires (you don't want to melt the plastic coating all over the place) and solder them back on. Use the pick looking things to carefully ensure that nothing is shorted. Cover it up when you're done with a dab of RTV or some other suitable non-conductive sealant.

Photoshop comments.... First let me say that I don't believe this for a second either. A few people here are being ignorant though. There is a lot more different with the 'fake' circuit board than you are educated enough to tell. Oh, and let me back track a bit and remind you of all of the other mod chips that use that same big chip. Anyway, the lower chip is a vastly different chip than the hard drive board. It has more than triple the number of pin-outs for christs sake! There are several other little tidbits that are missing from one or the other. I hate to say but although very similar to the untrained eye, the mod is a very different board from the HDD.

acn010
May 27th, 2006, 19:42
oh god, theres no thanks for me, i did the most investigation on the image and even checked on my photoshop CS2. the first clue was the logo with the actel chip (no serial number,just copied and paste on their own logo on top of it) another was that the chip was cut off to make into another shape to look cool and some parts were moved.and i even said that the chip is from the 4GB HDD.
i feel so low now

acn010
May 27th, 2006, 19:45
oh yeah, and i just fixed my psp 4HD HDD.
now its cooool........
:)

shadowprophet
May 27th, 2006, 19:45
oh god, theres no thanks for me, i did the most investigation on the image and even checked on my photoshop CS2. the first clue was the logo with the actel chip (no serial number,just copied and paste on their own logo on top of it) another was that the chip was cut off to make into another shape to look cool and some parts were moved.and i even said that the chip is from the 4GB HDD.
i feel so low now If it wasnt for the fact that I respected you enough to take you very seriously. I would have never examined the photo for myself and I would still be calling this real :p
I converted because of you bro lol ;)
And its thanx to you :cool:
Not to mention that the color of the circut board. even tho that is a very possible color, because of how dark it is, for that reason alone would make it very easy to photoshop and look valid.

acn010
May 27th, 2006, 20:01
If it wasnt for the fact that I respected you enough to take you very seriously. I would have never examined the photo for myself and I would still be calling this real :p
I converted because of you bro lol ;)
And its thanx to you :cool:
Not to mention that the color of the circut board. even tho that is a very possible color, because of how dark it is, for that reason alone would make it very easy to photoshop and look valid.

thank you.
now for people that still believes that is still real, im gonna make an evidence uniting all actel chips to compare to this so called modchip.
later on, im gonna post it showing why is fake

acn010
May 27th, 2006, 20:52
ok, now the moment of truth, the image im gonna show you guys is that the chip actel was hugely edited, but not to mention the shape of the modchip i edited some other chips that may not suprise much but this is an evidence that mostly is good to be true:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/4GB-memory-chip-red-mark.jpg
you see this image, this chip from actel has tiny numbers and letters that even the psp is on, why? cause it is ment for the psp.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/prove-of-fake-modchip.gif
as you can see this image, the chips has serial numbers and letters, but the modchip doesn't, it has a logo from the creator that erase the serial code numbers.
well this has at least proven to me that is fake, i know there some people that still belive of this modchip and i can't blame them, their opinion their decision, not my problem.
but later in the future there will be a modchip like other consules such as PS2, Xbox, etc........but i think its too early for a modchip to come.
:)
i think i have enough. So......... hi everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S: how the hell i know about chips?
answer: cause i know, thanks to my cousin that works in a Toshiba company that taught me so many things and gave me a free 32inch flat screen TV.... yay!

Squidman
May 27th, 2006, 21:39
and i can even prove it!
lol ^ ^

K, I know what all of you are saying about this, but the only diff. I see in the 2 pics are the little wavy things in modchip pic (under the Actel logo)....

Since this is most likely fake....:
God D@mn people and their fake modchips!!!!!:mad:

faceless
May 28th, 2006, 01:24
so the chip is fake because they removed serial numbers and other identifying info from the picture and added their logo?

right... really...

it sounds more like a paranoid modchip maker not wanting to give other teams a biger head start to me...

Cap'n 1time
May 28th, 2006, 03:25
i dont know or care if the chip is real. but its obviously photoshoped.. i mean that VP watermark in the corner didnt just magically appear. I think that it is reasonable that the creator might want to prevent other people from stealing his thunder by reading the information off of the chips. also from the large maxconsole pic posted by mrmodem it looks pretty legit to me. but whatever... carry on kiddies.

acn010
May 28th, 2006, 05:02
so the chip is fake because they removed serial numbers and other identifying info from the picture and added their logo?

right... really...

it sounds more like a paranoid modchip maker not wanting to give other teams a biger head start to me...
no, its just to fool people who are obsessed with the psp. thats all.
and the chip is cut off from the4GB HDD editing like a charm, he he

scarph
May 28th, 2006, 05:11
hmm that acn guy really pisses me off. hes just like 99 percent of the 13 year old population on this site. "i found something interesting everyone praise me!!!"

well acn your findings mean nothing, the only people i respect on this site are those that code and those that give insight. youve done neither, rather you have tooted your own horn.

shadowprophet
May 28th, 2006, 05:19
hmm that acn guy really pisses me off. hes just like 99 percent of the 13 year old population on this site. "i found something interesting everyone praise me!!!"

well acn your findings mean nothing, the only people i respect on this site are those that code and those that give insight. youve done neither, rather you have tooted your own horn. Thats so cold and uncalled for.
you say you prase coders and people that give insite:( But what was that post you just made :( it was nither :( Why be so harsh bro ? Why ?

acn010
May 28th, 2006, 05:46

well acn your findings mean nothing, the only people i respect on this site are those that code and those that give insight. youve done neither, rather you have tooted your own horn.

well for your information:
1.- I am a coder. (not for psp, but soon)
2.- I know a lot about chips.
and.......
3.- why you so pissed when i know lots of stuff that you cant even imagine or wont do or even do.

So please treat equal like others including me

Cooe14
May 28th, 2006, 07:35

You're a jerk dude, that was uncalled for.

Forever~Zero
May 28th, 2006, 10:00

Seriously your acting more like the 99% of the 13 year old population. He was just merely trying to get some credit for what he did,i am sure if you did something great but no one credits you,ou would feel that way.

Appleidog
May 28th, 2006, 11:23
djk21108 Dude I dont see you contributing to find out whether this is a fake or real.

Damn noob.:mad: dont go on a damn like oh some one did something so they dont deserve credit. let me see you do something.

btw all that have helped figure this out Congrats for all the hardwork you've put in. you people is what makes the Dcemu what it is, not jerks like djk21108

scarph
May 28th, 2006, 13:41
he didnt do anything!!! he noticed that a chip didnt have a serial number and put sad faces on his next post cus no one gave him credit.

what acn are you gonna be in the history books

"on saturday may 27th 2006 the great acn discovered that an image for a mod chip for the psp was missing a serial number. Thats why every may 27th we have a huge celebration called acn day and theres a parade."

and i know im not giving insight or coding right now, but i just got really pissed off reading this thread. i thought some of you agreed with me but apparently it doesnt piss you off when a guy ASKS for your respect. Proving something wrong doesnt even deserve attention, and when this mod chip does come out the people who made it wont need to ask for our praise.

and i can even prove it!
lol ^ ^

oh god, theres no thanks for me, i did the most investigation on the image and even checked on my photoshop CS2.

acn010
May 28th, 2006, 14:21
he didnt do anything!!! he noticed that a chip didnt have a serial number and put sad faces on his next post cus no one gave him credit.

what acn are you gonna be in the history books

"on saturday may 27th 2006 the great acn discovered that an image for a mod chip for the psp was missing a serial number. Thats why every may 27th we have a huge celebration called acn day and theres a parade."

and i know im not giving insight or coding right now, but i just got really pissed off reading this thread. i
thought some of you agreed with me but apparently it doesnt piss you off when a guy ASKS for your respect. Proving something wrong doesnt even deserve attention, and when this mod chip does come out the people who made it wont need to ask for our praise.

lol, im not great, im just a normal person like you and others in this site. and please don't exagerate cause im not the only one who invastigate the picture, and i just reunite all the information into one post, so whats your problem, i do need at least a miserable credit to cheer me up.
later in the future im gonna port and create some of my programs to the psp.
About the modchip: for me, this time is too early for a modchip to come out and appear out of nowhere with no links or relations to any company.

when this mod chip does come out the people who made it wont need to ask for our praise.
you know why, cause they get money from it, that is a thank you for them from the costumer.
thats it.

Cap'n 1time
May 28th, 2006, 14:41
quit the arguments or i'll open up a can.

MadMonkee
May 28th, 2006, 15:01
Question, why do you all care about each other's opinions? This is the friggin internet, you will even be called a "poopy head". 60% of the internet is porn, and 80% of the users are teens and even younger kids.

For most of the people here, just the word "penis" is enough to make them laugh. Take my advice, and learn to ignore.

the one and only
May 28th, 2006, 15:46
here are my 2 cents. the makers probaly wanted to hide the chips they were using so other companies couldnt copy, and also the watermark on the chip means that u cat easily cropaway the logo in the bottom right, i dunno if this is fake but it was def. photoshopped :P.

and with taht gratifying comment i shall go to sleep as i have exams tomorrow, at least i had a nice early night, 3:00am
goodnight peoples

shadowprophet
May 28th, 2006, 16:48
By the small 1 out of a zillion chance this is real.
I will have one of these mod chips even if they are as expensive as $100.00, And to me it will be worth it becuase I can just remove it from an old psp and put it in another as necessary.
A sound investment, that would offer homebrew for any psp. And if 100 bucks is too much for a one time fee to get psp homebrew on those non exploitible machines.
Well maybe people see things differently then I do :p
Thats not to say the chip will cost that much(if its even real) thats just saying on a whim thats the very most I would pay :)

acn010
May 28th, 2006, 17:05
ok, as i said: later in the future there will be a modchip for the psp like such consules like PS2, Xbox, etc..........
and thats it...........
if it comes out, yes i will have it no matter what price it is. :)

RedKing14CA
May 28th, 2006, 20:30
I wanna know some cool things it can do :(

Hopefully it will be less than $50

scarph
May 28th, 2006, 21:49
yes your bubbles have been burst

qj.net just reported that this suckers real

woo hooooooo

90 bucks : (

and i think it needs to be sodered

Zion
May 28th, 2006, 22:00
Dont' get your hopes up yet..........

nikeskatekr3w
May 29th, 2006, 01:48
its 100% real check psp updates

Lodis
May 29th, 2006, 19:35
Just because Pspupdates says that the Modchip is real where is the proof?

Pyro170
June 10th, 2006, 20:53
i hope it works and is real because if it is i will have one no matter the price :)

Pyro170
June 10th, 2006, 20:55
Ok i have been looking on the net for a few hours now about the 'Undiluted Platinum'. It seems u can find pages to pre-order this chip and that it is insured..... Im not stating that this is real but i think it is. Either way i have a friend who ordered one from the website so we will see wen the time comes.

Pyro170
June 10th, 2006, 21:02
ok this is a link to the site to purchase this Mod chip for the PSP this is where my friend Pre-Ordered his and is awating it.

http://www.modchipstore.com/Undiluted-Platinum-PSP-Mod-Chip-Fix-Bricked-PSP-with-full-featur-16328.html

it is supost to be shiped on (Ships: 6/14/2006) so thats in 4 days.

mavsman4457
June 11th, 2006, 00:07
Pyro, in case you didn't know, there is another, more updated thread that tells of more information about the mod chip and assures us that it is real.