PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of servedby and other similar spyware?

MrTeressaBond
May 26th, 2006, 21:19
How do you get rid of servedby and other similar spyware?

everytime you visit a specific webpage, and then you want to click the BACK button, u can see in the status bar that you are somewat directed to this site, and u have to click another or twice to go to the previous page u were on before.

i tried Webroot Spysweeper, which is a very good spyware remover, but it doesnt do the trick, and i tried PestPatrol Anti-Spyware software, which was recommended to use to remove such annoying things, but it still hasnt done the trick.

now other similar spyware are coming into my pc and i dont know wat to do or how to get rid of them.

i would really appreciate it if anyone can help me on this.

Thanks very much.

Shilo
May 26th, 2006, 21:51
You could try Spy-bot Search and Destory

Kaiser
May 26th, 2006, 22:08
I use Ad-Aware. its free and works wonders for me.

MrTeressaBond
May 26th, 2006, 23:16
okay...

i will try them lot out. then i will give u the results.

Cap'n 1time
May 27th, 2006, 05:23
i used to mix spybot with adaware.. gets rid of all the shitties.

MrTeressaBond
May 28th, 2006, 15:05
brilliant!

i had something like that in mind.

SmashinGit
May 28th, 2006, 16:39
In my opinion ad-aware is the best, but I to use 2 different spy ware removal tools. You could also use Microsofts own spy ware removal tool.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

MrTeressaBond
May 28th, 2006, 16:58
ohh thats marvelous!

cheers everyone!

MrTeressaBond
June 2nd, 2006, 11:49
hey everyone!

i tried using Ad-Aware, but it still hasnt gotten rid of all the nasties!

i did a full system scan and im using the SE Professional version of the program.

can someone help me on this?

by the way, it did get rid of some other nasty stuff. like tracking cookies, but im sure it should have taken it off.

Cooe14
June 2nd, 2006, 18:29
hey everyone!

i tried using Ad-Aware, but it still hasnt gotten rid of all the nasties!

i did a full system scan and im using the SE Professional version of the program.

can someone help me on this?

by the way, it did get rid of some other nasty stuff. like tracking cookies, but im sure it should have taken it off.
Use a combanation of ad-aware (deletes adware) and spybot search and destroy. (deletes spy ware)

xuphorz
June 2nd, 2006, 19:55
i use Trend-Micro to get rid of mine. it seems to work better than ad-aware or the others mentioned here.
link: http://www.trendmicro.com/en/products/desktop/as/evaluate/overview.htm (it says just spyware, but i found it to remove adware and others also also)