PDA

View Full Version : Colecovision - EmuCOL v1.0

fredjmh123
May 27th, 2006, 14:10
Hi,

Here is another Colecovision emulator based on Colem.
This one has sound support but a poor Coleco PAD design! (looking at the enthousiam people have for writing Coleco emulators the last days, it is a question of time!)

As all my PSP programs so far that have sound, executing this emulator several times results in no sound anymore until a cold reboot of the PSP.

-- Consolius --

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
May 27th, 2006, 14:56
wow your damn fast :)

if you want any time we can host your releases like we have other emulator authors :)

eg http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk with your own forum- to post news its as easy as posting a forum topic, plus i usually keep an eye on things :)

zx-81
May 27th, 2006, 15:36
Cool ! Very nice emulator, works fine on my 2.5FW. I spent hours on mine (PSPColem) to make the sound working, and i succeed only to have a poor bad noise ... The linux version doesn't work better, i imagine that you have rewritten the "SndUnix" part of Colem ?

Do you plan to release the source code under GNU licence as i've done with mine ?

BTW, Keep up the good work :)

alleyal202
May 27th, 2006, 16:35
great work guys!!!Takes me back to my childhood!Now someone needs to do a sega cd emulator and i would bust a fat load :)

mr_nick666
May 27th, 2006, 16:42
I love all these emulators! :D

parsifal968
May 27th, 2006, 17:20
Vic-20 !!!

under_0ath777
May 27th, 2006, 17:44
a working GAME GEAR emulator for 2.0+

Illegal Machine
May 27th, 2006, 18:25
Yea dude, give the source to zx-81, so he put the 2 together by tomorrow, and we can have full accurate emulation by tomorrow night.

what are you guys waiting for?

zx-81
May 27th, 2006, 18:46
Yea dude, give the source to zx-81, so he put the 2 together by tomorrow, and we can have full accurate emulation by tomorrow night.

what are you guys waiting for?

I needn't, it works fine with hacks done by James Higgs in the PS2/PSX colem ported sources ;)

edit: I spoke too fast, my version is not as accurate as fred one ... :o :o

fredjmh123
May 27th, 2006, 22:35
Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback.

I have been quite busy today...
I just released a last port of SMSplus for the PSP.
Last one for today...!

I am busy to port the same emus to the NDS.
Performances are quite poor and sound still missing for the moment.
After all this I will publish all the code.

If you are interrested, here is the file containing the sound part. There is nothing special there.
As I told you before, I ported that emlator to the GP32 few years ago. You will find some specific code there due to the unsigned samples.
I cant remember something specific for the sound.

The snd_Mixer routine is just the sound callback function filling the samples to the sound buffer.

I hope it can help...

-- Consolius --

zx-81
May 27th, 2006, 23:00
Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback.

I have been quite busy today...
I just released a last port of SMSplus for the PSP.
Last one for today...!

who said i was a porting machine ? YOU are the one :D

I am busy to port the same emus to the NDS.
Performances are quite poor and sound still missing for the moment.
After all this I will publish all the code.

Very good news, i'm sure it will be helpfull for many coders.

If you are interrested, here is the file containing the sound part. There is nothing special there.
As I told you before, I ported that emlator to the GP32 few years ago. You will find some specific code there due to the unsigned samples.
I cant remember something specific for the sound.

The snd_Mixer routine is just the sound callback function filling the samples to the sound buffer.

I hope it can help...

-- Consolius --

Fantastic, many thanks, i gonna have a look on it, and see if i can improve my version :)

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 00:05

That was it ! Thanks, it works fine now on PSPColem :D

Voltron
May 28th, 2006, 00:37
Its awesome to see different coders talking and sharing to improve on one anothers emulator. Thank you both for your contributions. Great work!

wraggster
May 28th, 2006, 22:16
these emulators on the ds would rock :)

zx-81
May 28th, 2006, 22:44
these emulators on the ds would rock :)

Yes, and it should not be too hard using the sources of the PSP version. Unfortunatelly, i've no DS lol .. may be Fred ? :D