PDA

View Full Version : Xbox LIVE BanHammer for Playing Forza 3 Early

wraggster
October 17th, 2009, 21:48
News via http://www.xbox-scene.com/

It looks like Microsoft started banning users from Xbox LIVE for playing Forza 3 early (the game was leaked on the internet a few days ago). It's not the first time Microsoft puts out the BanHammer from playing leaked games and it will certainly not be the last time. For now it seems to be an Account BAN and not a Console BAN.

Here's a quote of the email banned users got from MS:
[QUOTE]
Notification of Permanent Suspension: Pre-release title play

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to illegitimate pre-release title play.

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team has enacted this permanent suspension against your gamertag.

During your suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will not be reinstated.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service.

grantlionheart
October 20th, 2009, 05:49
Sucks to be them, back when Halo 3 came out i had it 3 weeks before it was released due to me buying a stolen copy that was aquired at customs, i made sure not to even touch xbox live before the official release date.

Tho i have to say, i have real doubt of the legal standings on banning anyone for using a game before its release date, i sense lawsuits on unfair banning coming up, as its the retailers problem not the consumer.

Bad move on microsofts behalf.

Darksaviour69
October 20th, 2009, 09:51
i'm guessing that review copying must not have been sent out yet, and it has not shipped yet, so they only way to pay it early is to have a leaked/warezed copy.

Baboon
October 20th, 2009, 19:40
Becasue of the UK postal stike at the end of the week my mate got his copy of forza in the post today anywayfrom pre-ordering from Game. They said they wanted customers to get the game on time. Jammie git! lol

Darksaviour69
October 21st, 2009, 01:08
Becasue of the UK postal stike at the end of the week my mate got his copy of forza in the post today anywayfrom pre-ordering from Game. They said they wanted customers to get the game on time. Jammie git! lol

I'm surprised MS would let them break the street date like that....

Baboon
October 21st, 2009, 11:53
I'm surprised MS would let them break the street date like that....

I pre-ordered mine from blockbuster (not online but a shop near to me). I just tried ringing them to blag getting my copy early but they said they can't put the game out till Friday. It was cheaper via Blockbuster but I wish I pre-ordered from game (online) now. :(