PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-C * UPDATE *

wraggster
October 20th, 2009, 00:24
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=32547&view_reply=1)/pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com/custom-firmware-5-50gen-c-est-disponible-article-190429-1.html)

As announcedThe January Team has just released the new custom firmware update for the C 5.50GEN that will launch a UMD / ISO that require firmware 5:55 and 6:00 without having recourse to any procedure patch. Remember that this release is restricted to holders of PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 (TA-088v3 excluded). To simplify it even with custom firmware older, the team has thought to include the January update in a new version of the program XGEN Updater.
More to follow.

* UPDATE *
Start with an apology announcement published a few minutes ago on PSPGEN, where the team apologizes to all those who in these last hours they decided to upgrade to the new revision C, cf Gen in the hope of being able to use all UMD games / ISO requiring firmware 5:55 without using any type of patch. Before putting the new online version, we are told, had not yet planned to implement this new feature, which was then added by Yoshihiro last 24 hours after the usual routine tests. To avoid too much postpone the date of issue, the team decided to publish their work immediately, even before new checks on the stability and compatibility with all models of PSP.
To fix all the problems that have come to create in the previous release will be issued before long time (but probably not in the coming hours ...), a new CF 5:50 GEN-D without bugs or problems during installation.

Installation - Notes:

Quote:

Minimum requirements for installing and tips:
- PSP-1000 or 2000 (except TA-088v3) with at least CF 4.01M33. And 'it's better to start the update from CF 5.50GEN-B2
- E 'recommended a formatting Flash 1 before and after the installation of the new custom firmware and even the Memory Stick
- Disable all plugins

.: Installation:.
- Copy the firmware 5.50, renamed 550.pbp in the root directory.
- Extract the contents of the package XGEN Installer for 5.50GEN-C and copy the UPDATE folder in PSP / GAME
- Start the application in the game> Memory Stick
- Select the option Install Flash CFW 5:50 GEN-C

.: Note Post-installation:.
- You will need to reset all the configurations of Recovery, including VSHMenu and providing no-UMD

The news 5.50GEN CF-C:
• Launch games that require higher fw and 5:51 (UMD or ISO) without having to resort to prodecure patch
• Start demos that require higher as MGS and 5:51 FW: Peace Walker
• Connection to the NDP by MediaGate
• E 'XGEN can use the Updater to install the firmware Journal 6:10

Known bugs:
• You can start ISO irshell. Problem solved with a new installation of the patch irshell 5.50GEN.
• There are problems with the playback of 480x272 video, will be resolved shortly
• The option Speed Up MS CF will arrive on 5.50GEN

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

darthhaze420
October 20th, 2009, 03:37
well i if it has so many bugs i think i will wait for gen-d i already have all of my games patched

grantlionheart
October 20th, 2009, 05:37
So this is just an update to say Gen 5.50 D will come out soon enough with fixes for the broken Gen C which they just released? So why would we ever bother going with C in the first place if it fixed nothing wrong with B and just broke stuff? Im just lost on the prospect....

Oh well, wait for D begins.

dante221
October 20th, 2009, 06:03
So this is just an update to say Gen 5.50 D will come out soon enough with fixes for the broken Gen C which they just released? So why would we ever bother going with C in the first place if it fixed nothing wrong with B and just broke stuff? Im just lost on the prospect....

Oh well, wait for D begins.
They were a little too quick on releasing the firmware that it didn't undergo the testing that it really needed. So, they are getting it tested and fixing up any bugs they find and release it as GEN-D

osgeld
October 20th, 2009, 14:51
quality

CrashmanX
October 20th, 2009, 20:53
Ehh, so far no bugs to report. I updated and the only thing I needed to do was format Flash1 and reset settings. So far no issues.

AdamRav
October 20th, 2009, 20:55
I'll wait for 5.50Gen-D

Can't be arsed doing additional stuff after upgrading

camcorderdoctor
October 20th, 2009, 22:49
Hmmm - PSN stopped working for me after update. pretty sure I did everything right.

lostless
October 20th, 2009, 23:41
Hmmm - PSN stopped working for me after update. pretty sure I did everything right.

You do realize Sony changed the firmware requirement for PSN to 6.00 just a few days ago. The GEN-C didn't break it.

camcorderdoctor
October 21st, 2009, 00:55
Oh - I was not aware - thanks for the update
on that - My bad.