PDA

View Full Version : FCE Ultra v1.0.8x - SD Card Edition

wraggster
May 28th, 2006, 09:50
Krullo has released a new version of the Nes emulator for the Gamecube, heres the info:

TyRaNtM sent me a nice new background that's now in use.
* Change of font (Comic sans).
* Turbo button function added.
* Nice "scroller" added.
* Changed some keycombos. See the scroller for more info .

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jgemzik1982
May 29th, 2006, 00:37
how do i actually add files to this?

giffi
November 5th, 2006, 05:31
I try to make this emulator but not boot in my GC what wrong?:confused:

Knight15
January 14th, 2007, 00:07
Why can't I dl this file from the link? I click and it tells me i'm not registered? (even though I have already logged in) can anyone help?

DamianCrisafulli
January 19th, 2007, 00:47
Why can't I dl this file from the link? I click and it tells me i'm not registered? (even though I have already logged in) can anyone help?

same problem

arzackmax
January 20th, 2007, 03:39
why the FCEUINJECT is not include in the zip, where I can find it, and I can use any FCEUINJECT that I found?

sorry for my bad english!

Sabres
January 22nd, 2007, 20:31
why the FCEUINJECT is not include in the zip, where I can find it, and I can use any FCEUINJECT that I found?

sorry for my bad english!

fceugc.dol can be put directly on an SD Card and used that way.

fceugc-viper.dol can be burned onto a mini-dvd and used that way.

Basically, you don't need to modify any of the files. The files that you downloaded are everything you need to run the emulator. All you need is to have a modchip in your Gamecube or you can do it the safer way and use the SD Card and SDLoad method, which is described in another thread on this board.

Sabres
January 23rd, 2007, 16:57
Try using "right click" then "save target as". You can't download the file by clicking on it with the left mouse button.

arzackmax
January 27th, 2007, 05:23
fceugc.dol can be put directly on an SD Card and used that way.

fceugc-viper.dol can be burned onto a mini-dvd and used that way.

Basically, you don't need to modify any of the files. The files that you downloaded are everything you need to run the emulator. All you need is to have a modchip in your Gamecube or you can do it the safer way and use the SD Card and SDLoad method, which is described in another thread on this board.

THANKS Sabres!!!, work great now!:thumbup:

Sabres
February 1st, 2007, 07:45
THANKS Sabres!!!, work great now!:thumbup:

I don't know if you are using a modchip or SDLOAD, but were you able to either put your roms on a mini-DVD and play them that way or were you able to create a folder called NESROMS, put it on your SD Card and play them that way?

As for myself, I actually need to find FCEUInject.exe because my SD Card doesn't recognize my Nintendo roms when i try to load them =(

bennybtl
February 4th, 2007, 20:36
--

JudgeX
February 9th, 2007, 04:47
Here's what I do:

when you load something with SDLoad use the X button instead of A. It will tell you to remove the SD card and put in the memory card.

I just remove my SD Card and put it right back in, and then i can see my files on there.

Hope that helps (this is on a Wii)

bennybtl
February 10th, 2007, 17:24
Thanks for the tip. I tried that -I had to pull the whole adapter out, just pulling the sd card wasn't seen by sdload. I still get the same error. hmmm.

JellyBean101
February 18th, 2007, 17:37
can someone please upload the latest version from this website?

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2077

I tried to sign up to them but they never sent the activation email :confused:

Sabres
February 18th, 2007, 19:53
I have the latest version of FCEUGC. For some reason i can't upload it on this site but if you send me a private message with your e-mail i can send it to you that way and then you can in turn upload it on this site.

It uses the latest version of liboGC so when you go to load a rom from your SD Card, you should not get the "unable to open SD Card". I had that problem with all 3 emulators i was using (SNESGX, GenPlus and FCEUGC) but thankfully JLF from tehskeen recompiled all the new emus using the latest version of liboGC. The older version of liboGC had trouble reading a lot of SD Cards.

Sabres
February 18th, 2007, 19:56
Also, I had the same problem trying to register at tehskeen. For whatever reason their registration e-mail system thing sucks.

Send an instant message to "Brakk3n" and tell him that you are having trouble registering. He's one of the admins and should be able to hook you up.

JellyBean101
February 20th, 2007, 18:16
thanks I have pmed him hopefully he will reply to me soon :)

EDIT : Yay works now! thanks

Sabres
February 22nd, 2007, 07:24
Btw, if you are using the latest released version of Genesis Plus, do not try and save your SRAM for Sonic 3. It will cause your Gamecube memory card to act funny.

mikey303
February 25th, 2007, 16:28
Hi all,

Is there any chance someone could please post attachments for the re-compliled NES and the other emulators.

I've been trying for days to register with Tehskeen forums, and have sent messages to the admin, with no response.

Would be very grateful

calouste
March 5th, 2007, 19:31
Ok I am sure i am doing something wrong. I am trying to inject 1 rom to FCE and boot it from DVD. I dont care about loading other ROMs later. I just want it to boot to the one game on the dvd.

Here is the problem. I inject the rom using the fce inject and it creates the dol just fine. I have burned the disc using both the GUI and Batch file GC boot disk maker. I put it in the wii, everyting is fine, it reads as a gamecube game,,,solid.

now, after i start the gamecube game, i get the emulator only...the rom never loads. i have all of the options of the emulator so it is not frozen. i cant load a rom from dvd because it dosent know the drive,,,thats fine.

Am i wrong in my thinking? everyting i read says the rom that was injected should load auotmatically when the dol loads. i am using FCE 1.08. I whould love to get this working so any help would be greatly aprieciated..

I have a NTSC wii with Wiinja

Sabres
March 5th, 2007, 19:56
Ok I am sure i am doing something wrong. I am trying to inject 1 rom to FCE and boot it from DVD. I dont care about loading other ROMs later. I just want it to boot to the one game on the dvd.

Here is the problem. I inject the rom using the fce inject and it creates the dol just fine. I have burned the disc using both the GUI and Batch file GC boot disk maker. I put it in the wii, everyting is fine, it reads as a gamecube game,,,solid.

now, after i start the gamecube game, i get the emulator only...the rom never loads. i have all of the options of the emulator so it is not frozen. i cant load a rom from dvd because it dosent know the drive,,,thats fine.

Am i wrong in my thinking? everyting i read says the rom that was injected should load auotmatically when the dol loads. i am using FCE 1.08. I whould love to get this working so any help would be greatly aprieciated..

I have a NTSC wii with Wiinja

Other people have been having this problem too. I don't own a Wii so I can't really help you out, but it seems most other people trying to use these emus on the Wii keep getting the same problem you are having. If I find out anything i'll let you know.

gary_abernethy2
March 25th, 2007, 22:30
I got FCE Ultra and Super NERS 9x to open, but I cant get either of them to notice the roms on my SD Card.
Where do I put the roms? I tried putting the NES Roms Folder in the FCE Folder and in its own Folder, but its like either program doesnt want to look on the SD Card.
PLEASE help, this is my first time trying to get roms to work on a system.
email me if you want to [email protected]

Gnimm
March 25th, 2007, 22:39
This forum is a graveyard and it's near-impossible to get questions answered.

I will personally help you once my copy of SD Media Launcher arrives.

gary_abernethy2
March 26th, 2007, 19:30
awesome, I would very much appreciate that.
I even tried taking out all folders. I just have the dol for the NES and Super NES emulaters and the roms all loose under the SDbootloader. The emulaters open up, but when I try to load a rom it says it cant open the SD Card. And I cant help but wonder, then how did the emulator load!? lol

gary_abernethy2
March 27th, 2007, 17:57
can someone who got any emulaters to work on their wii using SD Load maybe post exactly whats on their SD Card?

AlienCoder
March 28th, 2007, 03:37
Hey. First Off the folders are NESROMS, SNESROMS, and GPROMS.
Next are you using over 512 Mb SD Card if so it won't work. That was my problem.
Not telling you how to do it just whats involved.
What you have to do is set-up a dev enviroment with the latest lib, then change a bit of the source code in one of the files. Compile and voila it now reads off 1 and 2 Gig cards.
I had to do alot of searching but I found all the steps, (very frusturating) on TehSkeen Forums.
Good-Luck.
Hopefully they wll make a new version soon with these fixes cause all I could find were older source code versions for both NES and SNES Emus.

Gnimm
March 28th, 2007, 04:31
Hey. First Off the folders are NESROMS, SNESROMS, and GPROMS.
Next are you using over 512 Mb SD Card if so it won't work. That was my problem.
Not telling you how to do it just whats involved.
What you have to do is set-up a dev enviroment with the latest lib, then change a bit of the source code in one of the files. Compile and voila it now reads off 1 and 2 Gig cards.
I had to do alot of searching but I found all the steps, (very frusturating) on TehSkeen Forums.
Good-Luck.
Hopefully they wll make a new version soon with these fixes cause all I could find were older source code versions for both NES and SNES Emus.

Are you saying that roms for the emulators listed on this website won't work with the 1 GB SD Card Datel packages with their media launcher?

Note to the people that run this forum: Your posting of new homebrew stuff is USELESS without support. Your website's advertisement cost me $50

gary_abernethy2
April 9th, 2007, 01:37
please someone tell me why it wont open my SD Card to read the roms.
its just a 128mb card so thats not the problem.
[email protected]

centerline
September 11th, 2007, 16:45
Hi, I can load games from the SD just card fine. I just followed the instructions.
I put FCEU.dol in the root of the SD card, then I made a folder NESROMS. I put my roms in that folder.
When SLOAD loads, I select the FCEU.dol file. Then I choose load new game. Select Load from SD and you're done.

Here's what I need some help one:
Does anyone know how to save games to the SD card? Anytime I try to save my game, it says cannot mount card or something like that.

Thanks

Sabres
September 11th, 2007, 19:10
You can't save to the SD Card, at least not to my knowledge. You need to put a memory card in slot B and save to that.

centerline
September 14th, 2007, 18:39
Does anyone know if there's a way to make the games show up alphabetically after you start FCEU?

Sabres
September 14th, 2007, 21:20
You need to add all of your NES roms to your rom folder on your SD Card simultaneously. Otherwise, they will appear in the order of whatever order you added each file to the SD Card.

TaxiTitan
September 20th, 2007, 05:03
Does this feature FDS games or/and progressive scan mode? cool to know ;)
my dreamcast nes emulator does :P

Sabres
September 20th, 2007, 17:45
People, this is an OLD version of FCEUGC. There's a much more recent version of the emulator on the lower half of the first page of this board. And it allows save states.

vigoro
August 29th, 2012, 20:56
¿en qué directorio de la SD se guardan las roms?