PDA

View Full Version : AnonymousTipster's UnZip Plugin 0.1 & Standalone Unzip Proggy

wraggster
May 28th, 2006, 10:20
News and info from AnonymousTipster (http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=2524&mforum=irshell#2524):

Well, after a solid days' programming, I am proud to bring you my .zip extraction plugin for iRShell.

Extract to: X:\IRSHELL\EXTAPP\APP4 (or APP1,2,3)
Open iRShell configurator and scroll to 'Filename Suffix for External Plugin #4 (or #1,#2,#3)
Click X and type in zip
Save changes in configurator
Scroll to a .zip file and click on it, which should run the plugin:

The default extraction directory is the root of the stick (ms0:\) but you can change that by clicking X on 'Extract To:' and typing in the folder name which you want it to extract to. It will not create a folder for you if it does not already exist. When typing, Select Cancels input, and Start accepts it.
Scroll to Extract... and click X, the .zip should then extract to the directory you typed.
When finished you can scroll to exit and go back to iRShell.

This is not a finished release, but it should work fine for most .zips. It does not support passworded or encrypted .zips yet. You cannot zip up files with this utility. It will not extract .rar or any other format, just .zip. Extraction of files is quite fast, but creation of directories is slow, so if you have a .zip with lots of folders in it, you may have a while to wait.
It can extract from host0 to ms0, but not to host0.

He also released a Standalone version:

This version requires you type in the .zip file manually, like with the directory, so it's slower to use than the 1.5 iRShell version. It's packaged as a 1.5 setup (I think the eLoader works with that?).
Hopefully someone can test + confirm this works before I can finally get some sleep

Download Both files and Give Feedback Via Comments

eidechse34
May 28th, 2006, 12:37
yeah, it works on fw 2.6. but it isnīt really good that you have to type in the .zip file, but a very good beginning i think.

drEDN4wt
May 28th, 2006, 13:04
Awesome plugin. :eek:

The text input is a bit sensitive but I can't wait for an update.

In irshell, is there a way to make the zip files show up in a different colour, like pbp's do when you are in directory view?

And how about an option to extract to a folder with the same name as the zip?

StealthCP
May 28th, 2006, 15:32
excellent idea, and glad to see sime external plugins for iRshell are taking place. Good work.

IndianCheese
May 28th, 2006, 15:59
Yes. Finally. Now let's hope that more programmers are willing to add extension support to iR Shell (come on, no text doc support?!) It would also be nice to see RAR support, since it has been enabled in PSP-OSS.

Jonesyxxiv
May 28th, 2006, 17:48
Ive been waiting for a unzipping program for a long time, this is awesome but i hope soon you wont have to type in the .zip file manually