PDA

View Full Version : What is the Dreamcast - Windows CE EXE Loader?

MrTeressaBond
May 28th, 2006, 16:09
What is the Dreamcast - Windows CE EXE Loader?

i know it may seem dumb, cause i am, but i see this everywhere when looking at tools for Dreamcast.

Can someone define exactly wat this is for me? please?

ron
May 28th, 2006, 20:38
The same name defines you what it is, it's just a windows ce sh4 executables loader.

It's main function is to load the EXE file and launch over dc Wince rt.

Bye

MrTeressaBond
May 29th, 2006, 12:38
ohh ok.

so wat is it mainly used for may i ask?

ron
May 30th, 2006, 09:22
If you have any WinCE app compiled for sh4 with official sdk you will be able to lanuch it on dreamcast.

There are two utilities for dreamcast, CeLoader and at-winceload.

Do NOT ask me where to find it, because I dont know , first if they are legal stuff and second i dont have it.

The DreamCE.vcw workspace is for the Windows CE projects and should be loaded in the eMbedded Visual Toolkit.

The DreamNT.dsw workspace is for the Windows NT projects and should be loaded in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.

The ouput binaries can be found in the Target directory for each processor type.

In order for the CELoader sample to be executed, you will need to have the IP.bin, 1st_read.bin or 0winceos.bin files and WinCE directory that can be found in distributions of Boob!Boy, GypPlay, and DCMp3.

Copy the CELoader.exe and DUiMan.dll files, along with the files and directories mentioned above to root directory of the target CD. In addition, because programs are typically started via a registry entry in the distributed firmware, you will need to rename the CELoader.exe file to same file name that the other program was using.

CELoader also makes use of the Arial True Type Font, so make sure that an Arial.ttf file is in the WinCE directory.

Cheers

SiZiOUS
May 30th, 2006, 19:59
In order for the CELoader sample to be executed, you will need to have the IP.bin, 1st_read.bin or 0winceos.bin files and WinCE directory that can be found in distributions of Boob!Boy, GypPlay, and DCMp3. Is that directory legal ? I'm just curious (I think not).

I found the anwser (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=18949&postcount=14).