PDA

View Full Version : The Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-D will be released tomorrow

wraggster
October 21st, 2009, 00:57
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=32640&view_reply=1)/pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com/custom-firmware-5-50gen-is-on-the-way-video-and-informations-on-release-actualite-190457.html)

http://www.youtube.com/v/xA_QPzIvUqc

The Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-D is complete and will be released tomorrow evening at 20.00. This is what you can read about PSPGen. This new update, of course, keep all the features of 5.50GEN-C but it will solve all the bugs that caused problems for most of the users. The update will allow the execution of C games that require firmware 5.55/6.00 but, unexpectedly, did not execute correctly the older titles, there were also problems when installing the custom firmware itself, and some could not even use the internet browser . As already said the release is scheduled for tomorrow unless they are found more problems in these last hours of testing.
We'll keep you notified of updates and in full, you will find a video demonstration of the new Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-D.

CrashmanX
October 21st, 2009, 01:02
Yea!!! 2 Cfw Updates In 2 Days!! Xd

symbal
October 21st, 2009, 01:28
Yay!!! 1 semi brick causing cfw and 1 hopefully tested cfw in 2 days... i respect the GEN team for their hard/free work, but all i want is a stable cfw that is compatible with my homebrew, so i'll be sticking with M33 untill their quality control improves or release a cfw with features i really need.

Mauragon
October 21st, 2009, 02:15
Still waiting for an M33 update. I just have to patch games for now.

CrashmanX
October 21st, 2009, 02:36
Still waiting for an M33 update. I just have to patch games for now.

90% chance says it wont happen. Alek posted on the M33 homepage that a 6.00 M33 was not in either his or Dark-Alex's plans.

mike_jmg
October 21st, 2009, 02:46
looking foward to GEN D, never got the C and that's probably a good thing cause it was buggy.

Everything I use works fine on this CFW so I guess I'll stay on it for a while, well, when GEN D comes out

mik101
October 21st, 2009, 03:55
Yay!!! 1 semi brick causing cfw and 1 hopefully tested cfw in 2 days... i respect the GEN team for their hard/free work, but all i want is a stable cfw that is compatible with my homebrew, so i'll be sticking with M33 untill their quality control improves or release a cfw with features i really need.

You wont see a new m33 firmware, and the only people who got semibricked by GEN-C were those not smart enough to turn off their custom themes. Also if you shutdown the psp at the end of the upgrade other than rebooting it, it wont freeze.
Yup buggy. More a case of people like you not reading whats online before using it.

eddieh4444
October 21st, 2009, 04:08
When you say you bricked your PSP, do you mean that it's completely useless now or just that you need to re-use Pandora on it?

symbal
October 21st, 2009, 04:22
Well problem is people like me read every word i needed to online and that's why i never did use it because of other peoples reports that stopped me, and is also the reason i always stuck with M33 because it's stable and i never had any real problems, and right now i'm happy to keep patching my games.

Viralmind
October 21st, 2009, 04:23
i want to know if 5.50 gen b/c is better then 5.00 m33-6.

is there a point for upgrading other than playing newer games?

AdamRav
October 21st, 2009, 17:02
i want to know if 5.50 gen b/c is better then 5.00 m33-6.

is there a point for upgrading other than playing newer games?

Well yeah, what the point in a CFW if it can't play all the latest games ???

You can stick with 5.00 M33 but a whole load of people will be on 5.50 GEN i can guarantee you that

Nokiaman
October 21st, 2009, 18:19
Well yeah, what the point in a CFW if it can't play all the latest games ???

Wrong. 5.00 M33 can play all latest games using GameDecrypter. It's very easy to do.

You can stick with 5.00 M33 but a whole load of people will be on 5.50 GEN i can guarantee you that

What makes you so sure? I see a lot of people on many websites that don't trust them.

paranoid
October 21st, 2009, 19:32
A lot of people don't trust the GEN cfw simply because of morons saying they don't trust GEN cfw. They cite homebrew not working, but rarely what homebrew. They say it bricked their PSP (but skim over the fact that it was because they screwed up in the first place).

Personally, I'm running IR Shell, Game Categories, emulators from Handy (via eLoader) to CPS2, the latest games, PMPlayer, CXMB, Ultimate VSH, CW Cheat, etc etc all with no problems with GEN-B2.

If there were going to be some sort of progress with M33, we'd have seen it by now. Instead what we've seen is negative -- that there won't be a 5.50 M33, etc.

To those saying they'll stick with M33 for some nebulous reason, either move on or stfu.

osgeld
October 21st, 2009, 23:50
i dont trust them becuase EVERY SINGLE THING that they have released has been poorly tested and something fishy going on with it

paranoid
October 22nd, 2009, 17:38
What is "fishy" about GEN-B2?

Baboon
October 22nd, 2009, 19:10
Yep no problems for me on gen-b2.

I updated my phat psp from m33 a little while ago and all is good - and i havent found a homebrew or emu that I use that doesnt work (I had to upate a few emus and thankfuly the latest releases of PCEP are fine now too).

If you change your mind if you update and don't like it for any particular reason then just go back to m33 anyway?

Reckon I might try this Gen-d out now. :)