PDA

View Full Version : Mr Modchips To Stock Undiluted Platinum - PSP Modchip

wraggster
May 29th, 2006, 01:14
Well just got an email that further confirms the new PSP Modchip, my pals at Mr Modchips (http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/index.php?ref=20&affiliate_banner_id=2) sent me an email containing this about the new modchip:

****NOTE******
Undiluted Platinum - World's First PSP Modchip
Features:
- Ultra reliable and feature rich Actel ProASIC Plus FPGA
- Full Speed USB 1.1 ASIC onboard
- Branded 32MB NAND flash onboard (same flash as used in PSP)
- Stable and reliable flashing software freely available for download
- Installation verification using flashing software
- Ultra compact four layer PCB
- High quality Japanese connectors
- USB cable included
- FPC cable included, reducing installation effort and improving shock resistance
- Copper enamel wire included
- Open platform development system for software developers
- Installation has been optimized to fit entirely inside PSP
- All PSP hardware versions/regions supported
- User up-datable flash
- Low power consumption
- Flash select via button press
- Ultra compact PCB has been designed to avoid signal bounce

Yes We WILL be stocking this item as soon as it is available Watch This Space !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

So more confirmation of the impending release of the modchip from one of the UKs best sellers of Modchips and PSP News ;)

wraggster
May 29th, 2006, 01:15
they were the only details btw

Gene
May 29th, 2006, 01:25
nice. Is it legal?

sroon
May 29th, 2006, 01:26
I hope it gives the psp more processing speed(Faster cpu)

wraggster
May 29th, 2006, 01:29
legal - are any modchips legal ?

it wont improve the psps speed

Cloud_35
May 29th, 2006, 01:31
Then what is this supossed to do???

Skip firmware update...???

mog
May 29th, 2006, 01:38
Would be nice if they could give us some more ram to play with...

I'm sure there's a good reason why you cant switch the 2-chip MCP from the normal 32MB NAND/32MB SDRAM to say 32MB NAND/64MB SDRAM...

It would be jolly nice though eh? :D

Gene
May 29th, 2006, 01:48
legal - are any modchips legal ?

it wont improve the psps speed

i mean, could sony sue me if i got one?

i'm not very aquainted with modchips, so thats why i ask.

shiftybill
May 29th, 2006, 02:00
i would be a bit nervous if i were the one making the chip

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 02:05
So it looks like it is real...........

bah
May 29th, 2006, 02:12
i mean, could sony sue me if i got one?

The company producing them, the website selling them and (normally) the store selling and installing them for people may get sued, but sony would have to be in pretty desperate times to sue individuals for having one (not putting anything past sony but dam unlikely).

Many places just having one is not illegal, they were legal (for a time anyway) in Australia for their ability to bypass region coding, I believe there has been another case since and the big money won that time.

Either way there are 2 stores that sell/install mods 5 mins from my house. The big thing is pirated software: whether or not the chip is legal where you live, have one with no pirated software you’ll be fine. Have one (or don’t) with pirated software, you'll be in trouble.

Most the stores/market stalls that get shut down are due to pirated software being offered with the chips.

EDIT: If you want one to allow homebrew and the running of newer firmware UMDs, stress less. If you want one to pirate games *Smacks on nose with rolled-up newspaper* NO! Bad, you'll be going to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison pronto.

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 29th, 2006, 02:33
Basically, the flash memory is where it stores the Firmware. The beloved 1.5 firmware that we all love (Or hate) for various reasons .i.e. Not being able to play lastest firmware needing games (Or maybe we can by now, I dunno).

It's just adding another Flash chip to your PSP so you can have 2 Firmware's!

Wanna play homebrew?
Now worries boot to 1.5!

Prefer to hit up Tomb Raider Legends (For example) instead?
Hold Left Trigger (or L1 :D ) and boot to 2.7!

Basicaly what it does...

I think... :cool:

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 02:33
LOL "pound-me-in-the-ass-prison" LOL

:eek: So I guess this comfirms this is real!!!! YAAAAAA!!!! But, how much will it cost? And how difficult will it to be to install?

bobcobb
May 29th, 2006, 02:35
This is awesome. Finally I can have 1.5 back!

It's worth $90 easily. Getting the ability to actually run unsigned code without the hassle of GTA is nice. Actually having games running properly is even better!

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 29th, 2006, 02:36

:eek: So I guess this comfirms this is real!!!! YAAAAAA!!!! But, how much will it cost? And how difficult will it to be to install?

Lots & Lots :D

Nah maybe we'll get lucky on both accounts...

Cooe14
May 29th, 2006, 02:36

It looks like it needs to soldered, and the price is $90.

IndianCheese
May 29th, 2006, 02:50
OK, for the people who don't know what this is, here is a nice description:

After you install this, you will have 2 flash memories in your PSP. Run one of them by turning on the PSP. Run the other by holding L and turning on the PSP. This means that you can update one firmware to 2.70 and keep one at 1.50. This is what every PSP hacker/developer/user has been looking for. It also means that if you brick one of the flashes, you can restore it with the other, so your PSP's software (not hardware, obviously) is virtually indestructible.

However, I would never buy this unless a) it was available in a store here, or b) you could, for a fee, send them your PSP and they would install the chip for you.

Cooe14
May 29th, 2006, 02:55

After you install this, you will have 2 flash memories in your PSP. Run one of them by turning on the PSP. Run the other by holding L and turning on the PSP. This means that you can update one firmware to 2.70 and keep one at 1.50. This is what every PSP hacker/developer/user has been looking for. It also means that if you brick one of the flashes, you can restore it with the other, so your PSP's software (not hardware, obviously) is virtually indestructible.

However, I would never buy this unless a) it was available in a store here, or b) you could, for a fee, send them your PSP and they would install the chip for you.
Are you not very good at soldering?

IndianCheese
May 29th, 2006, 02:56
I have never bought a mod chip. I do not know what "soldering" is. I am 14.

Also, I wonder if this will come pre-installed with a firmware.

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 29th, 2006, 03:08
Having to solder does suck. I'm not saying in this regard, I'm saying in general... Heck some people enjoy it.

Personally, I'd perfer not to have to (Don't worry Indiancheese, I'm 19 and can't do it for crap).

But hey, that's the price you pay, and I'm sure if you asked someone who got the chip working successfully, they'ed slap you and say 'Ofcourse it's worth soldering!' :p

Cooe14
May 29th, 2006, 03:18
I have never bought a mod chip. I do not know what "soldering" is. I am 14.

Also, I wonder if this will come pre-installed with a firmware.
I'm 14 too...weird :eek: . Anyway you have never heard of soldering? You use a soldering iron and solder to connect metal see here -Soldering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldering) . I am decent at it though it can be kind of difficult.

Zephyroth_drgs
May 29th, 2006, 04:19
nice this could be the ultimate solution on homebrew - comertial games

TEAL DRAGON128
May 29th, 2006, 04:20

Wow...this beats my idea!:eek:

jwilds73
May 29th, 2006, 04:45
Lets hope this turns out to be true would be great to have the newest firmware and 1.5 for homebrew

been09
May 29th, 2006, 04:47
15 here :)

i can solder decently, but I'm not even gonna try, gonna get someone thats better in solderin then me to do it. And I'm pretty sure its legit now.

Shiaoran
May 29th, 2006, 04:51
I make robots that actually work since I was 11 :P
Soldering is no problem for me ^^

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 04:54
So you gota soder it................. uummmmmmmmmm guess I need to practice a bit :D But, I could really screw up my PSP................................. o well, it is worth it to play any homebrew and any commercial game on the same PSP :D

mog
May 29th, 2006, 05:21
lol, I did gcse electronics for 2 years at school... almost completely failed it... :p

I am extremely bad at soldering, but what I plan to do is either:

a) Get someone else to do it.
or
b) Before doing it myself, get 100-200 metres of solder and practice damn hard! :D

At the end of my gcse i could just about solder a batery, a light bulb, and a switch to a circuit board...
...without completely plastering the board and short circuting everything like before !! :p

Practice makes perfect!! :D

EDIT: another idea...
c) If the mod chip can have fw1.0-1.5 installed onto it: buy a new fw2.7 psp, and try to solder on that psp, instead of screwing up my 1.0 psp...
Can always sell it off afterwards if it works! ;)

Nafogel
May 29th, 2006, 05:38
this is awesome! I can't wait! too bad ive never soldered anything in my life!

acn010
May 29th, 2006, 05:54
now my balls are itching.
:(

Cooe14
May 29th, 2006, 05:59
now my balls are itching.
:(
WTF is that supposed to mean? :confused:

zackforbing
May 29th, 2006, 06:02
I wonder if this will come pre-installed with a firmware.

it will be ABLE to be packaged with custom firmwares if coders come up with them quickly. if it comes with any kind of sony firmware loaded on it, I can almost guarantee you they'll be sued before they even put them up for sale.

TEAL DRAGON128
May 29th, 2006, 06:02
Im 17
i have been soldering things since i was 8. Things like game controllers (especially N64).
Most complex device was one of those controllers w/ 75 games built in. u would get those at EBAY or a garage sale.

F9zDark
May 29th, 2006, 06:38
Well once this mod chip hits the online store's shelves, I will definately drop the money for it. 1.0 is awesome to have, but if I can save myself having to buy a new PSP by simply installing a 100 dollar mod chip, I will gladly do it.

Wally
May 29th, 2006, 06:49
Wonders how the chip will be activated...

fpcreator2000
May 29th, 2006, 07:10
It's legal if it doesn't use any sony software libraries. manufacturing the product is not a problem. using rom with emus like the case with psp 1.5 is the case.This is always a gray area.

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 29th, 2006, 07:22
Nah, it'd be awesome if when you switched you PSP on it came up with a chicks voice that said:

"Evening Matrix, What firware Shall I Run For You Today?"

And then I say "Err, I dunno I feel like some 67fps N64 Emulation..."

And then she says "It is done..."

and Mario 64 explodes on screen! :eek:

V3N0M
May 29th, 2006, 07:36
lol i suk at soidering so bad i broke my ps2 when i first tried to mod it. ended up buying a crapy one off of ebay that barley works... I decided i'm not going to mod anything ever again and would just buy a PS3 when it comes out because then i can play my ps2 games on it aloung th ps3 games. Gotta love backwards compatibility lol. Well to my point i want to basicly have the best of both worlds homebrew and new psp firmwares and games. So is there a way i could just send my psp to them and let the perfessionals do the modding? This way i can have it done without trashing it. This way i would not have to buy a new psp just for new firmwares. Also if they can't ship it over with sony's firmwares on it. can i just run an update to make one 1.5 and the other 2.7?

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 29th, 2006, 07:43
Hah, upgrading and downgrading firmware is complicated enough for some people.
Having 2 firmwares, to have to figure out...

Like downgrading firware 1 to 1.5, after upgrading from 1.52 to 2.00 so you could downgrade in the first place, while upgrading your firmware 2 to 2.7 in order to play the latest games... etc and so on...

hah, we'll get the hang of it :cool:
No more needing GTA to boot Doom 2!:rolleyes:

V3N0M
May 29th, 2006, 07:44
Could someone answer my questions?

gangsta_psp
May 29th, 2006, 08:43
One word.....sweet!

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 29th, 2006, 08:43
Could someone answer my questions?

Dude, you know as much as we do...
I'm sure we'll all be updated as info coems to light. ;)

Silence_Knight
May 29th, 2006, 08:47
Think we can send them our PSPs? I don't think I could instal a mod chip ...

*EDIT*
Somebody already ask this ... :p

Psyberjock
May 29th, 2006, 09:21
You should just try to install it. Its not so hard. Even if you make a mess with solder all in your psp, as long as you don't have any power going through it you can clean it all up and try again with no damage. Only if you over heated something by leaving the soldering iron on a certain peice for too long, allowed electricity to flow through the things your soldering and created a short, or broke something off by pushing on something with your soldering iron, could you hurt the PSP possibly beyond repair. But even if you did some of those things, depending on the severity of it, you might be able to repair it.

I've soldered numerous things and I think I started with an Xbox. I even ripped up some circuitry, but you can resolder ripped up lines too. It just takes patience and small steps. Just don't try to do too much at once.

kevho
May 29th, 2006, 09:34
so cud u play iso files and homebrew on later firmware, like 2.7?
If u can is it illegal????

V3N0M
May 29th, 2006, 09:50
Hell yes unless of course you own the game and no you can't run iso's on 2.7 only works on 1.5. Plus this is not allowed here so no more talk on this subject ever again, here at least.

Ichijoe
May 29th, 2006, 09:52
No what makes you think you could play *.iso's on a 2.7? The big idea for the moment, is to have FW 2.7 in order to stay up to date, and the ability to switch over to a FW 1.0 / 1.5 to play any Unsigned Code that you might have. Without hveing to resort to useing *.tiff or GTA Hacks.

Now if the idea of Third-Party FWs' ever does come true. Then perhaps it could be possible to run a sudo 2.7+ FW that could also run *.iso's.

But I wouldn't hold my breath for it though...

V3N0M
May 29th, 2006, 09:59
I would really love to have both firmwares on my psp aloung with some other inhancements and then you can have the best of both worlds modded to your likeing.

MikeDX
May 29th, 2006, 12:00
If anybody here in the UK wants to send me their psp I'll install and test it for you for a reasonable fee (once I work out how much time it will take to do it). So £50 for the chip + say £25 inc delivery? Any takers?

bandit
May 29th, 2006, 14:03
I have something up my sleeve..well its really a plan and idea. I did this back when I was a moderator/reviewer for TritonLabs (makers of the Afterburner Light Kit for the original GBA..thats when Nintendo decided to rush and release the GBA SP).

Once this chip is officially released, be sure to watch my website (link in sig) for something. Hopefully, I get the help of wraggster and online sites and eventually...PSPers.

acn010
May 29th, 2006, 16:09
FINAL FANTASY XIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol, sorry

mog
May 29th, 2006, 16:46
I've been trying to figure out how the mod chip will get it's firmware.
It would definitely be illegal to ship the modchips with sony's firmware 1.0 or 1.5... :rolleyes:

They could ship it with blank flash, so you have to write a backup of your own firmware on to it.
But Im not sure you can put your firmware backup onto a different NAND, and it would have to come from your own psp...
So if you don't have 1.0 or 1.5 currently on your psp you won't be able to even make the backup. :confused:

Im guessing it must have it's own custom firmwares or something, but that's a little complicated...

FINAL FANTASY XIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol, sorry
lol When I first saw video clips of the ps3 version, i had the same feeling...
Must...Post...Randomly...all in caps...on random forums... Aaa!! lol :p

hetster
May 29th, 2006, 17:23
modchips are legal if they come with no firmware on them..this 1 wont it will come ready to be flashed with either sony official or some modified firmware. (the modchip wont have the limits of official sony chip).

chips arent illegal once you bought your psps you can do what ya want with it. sony couldnt sue if you smashed it up..copying and selling copyrighted games IS illegal.

i may be wrong but thats the stance on xbox chips..the cips arent illegal..copied games are

Mew
May 29th, 2006, 17:46
I'm a bit afraid of using this modchip...

What is if Sony heard from that modchip and releases in further firmwares an another "wall"?
Or maybe they get further: brikking your whole 2 PSP flashes :D

Just a stupid thought...

V3N0M
May 29th, 2006, 17:52
No way i thought the same thing at first but talked to someone. Its hardware and can't be **** with lol

mavsman4457
May 29th, 2006, 18:02
is it for sure that we can only have 2 firmwares on the mod chip or is that just speculation? i can't wait for homemade firmwares, imagine the possibilities.

edit: hopefully sony cannot do anything to diactivate the mod chip or something like that.

V3N0M
May 29th, 2006, 18:04
It would not be limited to firmwares
I wonder since it would be modded ... Is there some way they can put a harddrive in too?

SSaxdude
May 29th, 2006, 18:31
Even though I have 1.5, I think this is awesome. Now, more people can experience homebrew while having all the additions from new firmwares (even though they're not great at all.) I really hope $ony doesn't sue them for this (it would be bleem! all over again.) As for the soldering, I bet it is easier than soldering console modchips.

V3N0M
May 29th, 2006, 18:37
Ya i think it would be great being able to play homebrew and switch over and play psp games. I just want to know were i can have it installed because i suk at soidering.

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 19:01
Yeah that would be exellent. Dont know about the soldering though......

been09
May 29th, 2006, 19:06
Lol, I'm just imagining Sony throwing a Southpark Cartman hissy fit right now.

bobcobb
May 29th, 2006, 19:52
How long until we can get linux up and running?

TEAL DRAGON128
May 29th, 2006, 22:11
So is there a way i could just send my psp to them and let the perfessionals do the modding? This way i can have it done without trashing it. This way i would not have to buy a new psp just for new firmwares.

Yes you can if you are not confident anymore.

IndianCheese
May 30th, 2006, 02:18
Hey, I just realized something. Even if you don't get the modchip, you will still benefit from it! The direct USB access through the chip will enable a dump of 2.70 to be retrieved, and with MPH still working on the ultimate firmware loader, he will probably be able to incorporate its usage with the loader!!! LMAOZORZ!

V3N0M
May 30th, 2006, 02:45
Well i can't soilder for crap. Busted a ps2 once that stoped my soildering career lol. Plus i do want to mod my psp so i can have thee best of both worlds and sony cannot do anything about it lol.

ClintiePoo
May 30th, 2006, 03:03
I have a question. The new firmware for the PSP is supposed to support larger memory sticks, like:http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=9057&likref=froogle3

If I got one of these memory sticks and a modchip, I couldn't use them together because 1.5 firmware doesn't support this large of memory sticks. This would be a drawback I think.

Wally
May 30th, 2006, 03:30
Seeing that the PSP only supports 2gb fat drives.

Perhaps there be a way to have an 8gb partitioned into 4 *2gb partitions which could be accessed by homebrew

MadMonkee
May 30th, 2006, 03:31
I am very sexy with soldering. I put that Samsung drive in my Xbox without having a Y cable from the harddrive's power. That's how sexy I am.

Of course I am not telling that I had to throw away 2 samsung drives before I could accomplish the final result.

This PSP thing will indeed be sexy, my PSP is at 1.50, but there probably would be a pirate software released in news servers or IRC chatrooms for people to download 1.50 on the chip's flash.

HAWT! Finally I'll be able to buy UMDs.

acn010
May 30th, 2006, 04:45
I am very sexy with soldering. I put that Samsung drive in my Xbox without having a Y cable from the harddrive's power. That's how sexy I am.

Of course I am not telling that I had to throw away 2 samsung drives before I could accomplish the final result.

This PSP thing will indeed be sexy, my PSP is at 1.50, but there probably would be a pirate software released in news servers or IRC chatrooms for people to download 1.50 on the chip's flash.

HAWT! Finally I'll be able to buy UMDs.

lol, im also sexy on soldering, i just fixed my 4GB HDD, and came out niiiiice!!! lol
but it also depends how to solder and whats the location to solder it, i might burn the screen by accident or something, well ok.

Mobius
May 30th, 2006, 05:12
man am i ever kicking myself in the a** for not actually trying to do this. i came up twith the idea to do this a while ago but everyone i told about my idea told me it couldn't be done so i didn't pursue it. oh well. you live and learn. can't wait to have one in my psp. anywhere you can pre order yet???

V3N0M
May 30th, 2006, 05:46
Just a question does Fijitas loader work with 2.0? Just wondering because that way i can test it out and if everything runs as fast as 1.5 i'll update so i can play newer games but if i don't like it i'll just downgrade. I might just mod it so i can have the best of both worlds and sony can do nothing about it lol.

kyle2194
May 30th, 2006, 05:50
I doubt youll have to soilder. It will probobly be close to how you install psp2tv (http://media.gear.ign.com/media/781/781615/dl_1311178.html). All you'll probobly have to do is take a few flexible pcb's out of their sockets, and replace them. But thats just my speculation.

fnx
May 30th, 2006, 12:31
Sigh... Time to buy a soldering iron and start parcticing again! Although I hate soldering those small SMD components and thin wires. It's too easy to cause short circuits, especially on a small device as the PSP...

MikeDX
May 30th, 2006, 13:34
Just a question does Fijitas loader work with 2.0?

Who is Fijita? is he from the south pacific? :)

Lodis
May 30th, 2006, 14:16
Just a question does Fijitas loader work with 2.0?.

I have never heard of Fijita either so I did a quick google and came up with ''FIJITA SUPREME. Feeds four adult portions. 1 lg. onion, diced 3-4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce 1/4 c.''

With regards to everthing running as fast as 1.5 this will never be possible without kernel mode in 2.0. A good example is Snes TYL ME version compared to the standard 2.0 version. There are also more memory restrictions, however you will find that many popular emulators will run just fine on 2.0 firmware and you can sometimes run a few 2.6 UMD's by faking your 2.0 firmware to 2.6 or higher. However, there are now more ways to run higher firmware UMD's on 1.5.

mog
May 30th, 2006, 14:56
I still don't understand about flashing the modchip with a new firmware?
For example, how do you flash a blank nand with 1.0, when there is no 1.0 eboot to flash it with?
And to flash with 1.5 update eboot? don't you need to have 1.0 installed first?
:confused:

And why are people still thinking about updating to 2.00?
Once the mod chip is out you can have both 1.0 or 1.5 + 2.7 on the same PSP...
There would be no point having 2.00 anymore.

When you want umd games/movies, webbrowser, flash6, rss, & more image/video formats just boot up 2.7 fw.
When you want homebrew, backups, & emulators just boot up 1.0/1.5 fw.
:)

d3v1l
May 30th, 2006, 16:00
I still don't understand about flashing the modchip with a new firmware?
For example, how do you flash a blank nand with 1.0, when there is no 1.0 eboot to flash it with?
And to flash with 1.5 update eboot? don't you need to have 1.0 installed first?
:confused:

And why are people still thinking about updating to 2.00?
Once the mod chip is out you can have both 1.0 or 1.5 + 2.7 on the same PSP...
There would be no point having 2.00 anymore.

When you want umd games/movies, webbrowser, flash6, rss, & more image/video formats just boot up 2.7 fw.
When you want homebrew, backups, & emulators just boot up 1.0/1.5 fw.
:)

you can install 1.5 on it just like u install 1.5 with (for example) MPH firmware loader...
When u got it extracted just put it on the flash mem. of the modchip and try it out..

if im wrong correct me plz

Pico
May 30th, 2006, 16:20
hehehe, psp is gonna sell by the bucket load now running iso's is available to everybody. question is how long till it dies ?.

Lodis
May 30th, 2006, 22:40
Due to this Modchip it is quite possible that more UMD games will be sold. Isos of higher firmware games will not magically run on 2.7 firmware due to this Modchip, however one will now have the option of installing firmware 2.7, playing commercial games and then switching back to 1.5 to play homebrew. I am sure many people who did not purchase new games because they didn't want to lose homebrew will now do so after this Modchip is released. Perhaps this Modchip will not only increase the sale of Psp's, it may also increase the sale of UMD games. It will be very interesting.

Kramer
May 30th, 2006, 22:55
Due to this Modchip it is quite possible that more UMD games will be sold. Isos of higher firmware games will not magically run on 2.7 firmware due to this Modchip, however one will now have the option of installing firmware 2.7, playing commercial games and then switching back to 1.5 to play homebrew. I am sure many people who did not purchase new games because they didn't want to lose homebrew will now do so after this Modchip is released. Perhaps this Modchip will not only increase the sale of Psp's, it may also increase the sale of UMD games. It will be very interesting.

Thats exactly what i was thinking this chip isnt much of a threat to sony cos theres only a limited number of isos you can play but i think sony will still sue the creator.

ClintiePoo
May 31st, 2006, 00:02
I doubt youll have to soilder. It will probobly be close to how you install psp2tv (http://media.gear.ign.com/media/781/781615/dl_1311178.html). All you'll probobly have to do is take a few flexible pcb's out of their sockets, and replace them. But thats just my speculation.

That video is ridiculous. I don't know if I want to open my PSP.

mike2355
May 31st, 2006, 00:10
Thats exactly what i was thinking this chip isnt much of a threat to sony cos theres only a limited number of isos you can play but i think sony will still sue the creator.has sony sued fanjita or anyone for making downgraders??? no so how can they sue a modchip maker

mog
May 31st, 2006, 01:24
Isos of higher firmware games will not magically run on 2.7 firmware due to this Modchip
But the only reason ISOs of higher firmware won't run is because we only have usermode access on 2.0-2.6 and can't load unsigned code at all on 1.51, 1.52 & 2.7. :confused:
Now that this modchip is coming out, people are going to be attempting to create custom firmwares, especially as "bricking the psp" won't matter much anymore.

If someone manages to make a custom firmware of 2.7, which loads unsigned eboots and allows access to kernel... then wouldn't it be possible to load ISOs on 2.7?
I think we need to make sure no one tries to create a custom firmware like that!
It would completely destroy the psp... but I'm sure it will unfortunately happen eventually though. :(

MicroNut
May 31st, 2006, 03:51
Learning how to solder on your PSP is a bad idea

V3N0M
May 31st, 2006, 04:10
Yep thats why i'm not doing it. Tried once and destroyed my ps2 so i'm willing to pay to have it done.

blaz3d
May 31st, 2006, 10:41
Lol, I'm just imagining Sony throwing a Southpark Cartman hissy fit right now.

Lmao "no Haxor, thats a bad haxor, its my psp":D

ima flash the latest firmware onto the chip and keep the onboard flash @1.5:cool:

if it works like that:confused:

stef290175
June 2nd, 2006, 14:28
i can confirm this isnt a fake ive pre ordered mine from http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/Undiluted-Platinum-Psp-Modchip-p-226.html
its due for release any day :)