PDA

View Full Version : house beta map (my first one)

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 04:56
ok,i made this,it took a couple hours and its not that great,but its my first one and plz tell me what you'd like to see in the next one if i make one
(which i probably will) and i would gladly appreciate it for that and if you comment on it but dont be too
harsh.....thanks and the map has two,two story houses with tables chairs and a bed in the upstairs and stairs leading to the roof.......OH! and if i messed up with the textures and if you can't see the textures on the map when u play plz tell me,and if you know how to fix it tell me also

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/6034/house6hn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8523/house16if.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/123411/HOUSE.zip

DPyro
May 29th, 2006, 05:05
Could you make the screenshots a lil smaller plz.

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 05:12
yes,but have u tried it?

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 05:26
I just tried, and I see one problem that is easy to fix. Iris wants to load the textures from "textures/quake2" and not "textures/house".

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 05:27
does that make a difference? well,then u can just ignore the ones from the house then or just delete em and make sure you have the quake2 folder with all those targa files on your psp but remember that you have to take out all of the textures from the folders within the quake2 folder,or i could be wrong about that,idk,thats what i had to do so that i could load the textures in gtkradient

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 05:32
I just changed the folder from house to quake2 :D And yes I like it! It is pretty good!

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 05:33
oh thank you thank you thank you! you dont know how happy i am that somebody actually likes it!!!! and if you wouldn't mind,tell me what type of household items or maybe even garage items or ouside items you would like in the next one

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 05:39
For outside:
Trees
Rocks

For Inside:
TV
Kitchen with microwave, frigde, stove, ect

For gargae:
Tool box
Car

And try to make some more housey looking textures. If you need some help with making textures PM and I can try to help :)

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 14:34
ya,i have trouble with moving vertices around,i dont know why,but it just doesn't work like i thought it should,produkt knows what im talking about i think,when in 3ds max the vertices move a bit different in a way i like,and when i rotate it sideways it still goes up and down and different ways i dont want it to go...oh and shilo do you have any type of messenger you could pm me?

webboy
May 29th, 2006, 17:26
never nice, only problem i see is its abit "squarey", but its a beta so this will get better, very good start.

ENG
May 29th, 2006, 18:37
I agree with Shilo, it needs more "housey" textures, but it's a good start :)

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 18:45
squarey........well,isn't every map squarey? every one i've seen is squarey,could u tell me how to make it not squarey? oh and i have a problem with my textures,i made some and i put them at 64x64 in size,and the rgb and 24bite whatever and i compressed it when it asked me the 24 bite thing,but they wont work in game,it just says they fail when loading,you gotta help me! i made a lot of textures and then it took me a long time to put em on the new stuff i made in the houses,then i test it and they're not there,so,i resize the images so that they're 64x64,and then reput them on the same things i did before,and then test it out again and it still doesn't work, i think ijust wasted an hour and a half of making stuff thats not going to be textured,could you tell me what i did wrong with the textures? (sorry this is so big)

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 22:19
squarey........well,isn't every map squarey? every one i've seen is squarey,could u tell me how to make it not squarey? oh and i have a problem with my textures,i made some and i put them at 64x64 in size,and the rgb and 24bite whatever and i compressed it when it asked me the 24 bite thing,but they wont work in game,it just says they fail when loading,you gotta help me! i made a lot of textures and then it took me a long time to put em on the new stuff i made in the houses,then i test it and they're not there,so,i resize the images so that they're 64x64,and then reput them on the same things i did before,and then test it out again and it still doesn't work, i think ijust wasted an hour and a half of making stuff thats not going to be textured,could you tell me what i did wrong with the textures? (sorry this is so big)

Ok, make sure you got the textures in the right folder. Remeber, I had to change the name of the folder with your textures from "HOUSE" to "quake2". The folder with your textures on Iris has to have the same name as the folder that has the textures that you used in Gtkradiant or Q3radiant.

For example:
The textures I used in Gtkradiant was in the "Egypt" folder. If I put them on my MS in the "Poop" folder, Iris won't read them and it will fail loading the textures. Now, if I used the "Egypt" folder for Gtkradiant, and also had the "Egypt" folder on my MS with the textures, they should load fine. If you did all of that, and it still doesn't work, you have to contact me though MSN. BTW I added you to Contact list on MSN :)

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 22:23
OMG! thank you so much shilo,my new textures (which are just 1 color or 2 colors) work!!!!!!

Buddy4point0
June 19th, 2006, 18:35
lol dude it looks like a barn with disco wallpaper

Buddy4point0
June 19th, 2006, 18:38
hey twister whens your jungle fort coming out it says tommarow but its said that for like a month