PDA

View Full Version : Q3Radiant Problem!!!!

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 08:08
I'm working on a map (soon to be realsed :D) in GtkRadiant. I saved it, opened it up in Q3Radiant, clicked "BSP" and then clicked "bsp_fullvis". Normaly it would pop up a Comand Prompt window and then I would have my BSP map ready to go. But, with this map, when I try to compile it as a BSP, it stops at the Comand Promt screen for about 30sec then it says "Q3Radiant has encoundtered a problem and needs to close." Then I see some more writing in the Comand Promt window and then it finishes compileing the map. Q3Radiant did not close, even thought Windows said it had to. I looked in my map folder and there was my map. I put it on my MS and booted up GTA and then Iris. I selected my map, put controls on advance (good way to look around your map :)), set the bot count to 0, set the clock to 333mhz, and then pressed start. Iris started loading all the spawn points, textures, ect. then when it got to /textures/halo/sky (I'm using the Halo sky till I feel like making my own before the first release) it freezes and my PSP shutsoff :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Can someone tell me what is wrong? I tried to compile one of the Iris example maps and it worked like a charm. Is there something in my map that can cause it to have problems compileing then not work with Iris??? Someone please help me :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PSPtwister
May 29th, 2006, 13:38
ive never heard of that problem......but my psp did shut down once because i forgot to add the player starting point

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 17:34
ive never heard of that problem......but my psp did shut down once because i forgot to add the player starting point

That is what I was thinking, then I remebered I have 5 of them........................ *ding dong* I think I have an idea!!!! I'll try this and see what it does.

DPyro
May 29th, 2006, 17:51
Silo, if you want to PM me your map I can tell you whats wrong with it.

Shilo
May 29th, 2006, 22:24
Silo, if you want to PM me your map I can tell you whats wrong with it.

Okadokey :D

DPyro
May 30th, 2006, 01:41
Ok well I took a look at your map, and it seems to have compiled fine for me :confused:

EDIT: Hmm very wierd....It compiled alright, yet it freezes when you try and load it in Iris.

PSPtwister
May 30th, 2006, 02:35
maybe its too good,lol

Shilo
May 30th, 2006, 13:27
Ok well I took a look at your map, and it seems to have compiled fine for me :confused:

EDIT: Hmm very wierd....It compiled alright, yet it freezes when you try and load it in Iris.

WTF this is so weird. I worked perfect (if you can over look the glitches :D)!!! Then I added the big sign above the door, then did some more detail on the door way, then it broke :mad:! Looks like I gota start over :( But, I made another save!! I keep forgetting it doesn't like maps that has spaces in the name, so I resaved it with "_" in stead of spaces. So all is not lost! I can just copy and paste what I did on the new save into the old one, but it will probly breake again :(

maybe its too good,lol

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

DPyro
May 30th, 2006, 14:30
Maybe you should make the wall pieces smaller, and just have like several pieces which make up one wall.

PSPtwister
May 30th, 2006, 18:43
um,since this is a problem thread about q3radiant,i might as well tell you that i can't do anything with any of the radients i have,first of all,i use the 1.5.0 version of gtk to make the maps,i dont see any difference but i use it anyway,so i just loaded that and it all came up fine,so i went to file,open and clicked on the newest version of the house map i have,all it did was blink,and nothing loaded,so i wanted to see the textures,i clicked on the textures and my computer made two beeping noises and the radiant program just went off,it keeps on doing that with 1.4.0 too,and when i load the build,it doesn't load at all,first it does nothing,then the second time an error message comes up.....i dont know what to do,first photoshop doesn't work for me anymore and now none of the map programs work for me! plz help (and sorry this was so long.....) oh no!! now i can't open any of my folders on my computer and its getting harder to get to these pages!

Shilo
May 30th, 2006, 20:54
Maybe you should make the wall pieces smaller, and just have like several pieces which make up one wall.

So, just make the box that everything is in it into multile brushes. Ok, I'll try that and see what it does. Hopefully it will work, and I can start on some other stuff for it.

um,since this is a problem thread about q3radiant,i might as well tell you that i can't do anything with any of the radients i have,first of all,i use the 1.5.0 version of gtk to make the maps,i dont see any difference but i use it anyway,so i just loaded that and it all came up fine,so i went to file,open and clicked on the newest version of the house map i have,all it did was blink,and nothing loaded,so i wanted to see the textures,i clicked on the textures and my computer made two beeping noises and the radiant program just went off,it keeps on doing that with 1.4.0 too,and when i load the build,it doesn't load at all,first it does nothing,then the second time an error message comes up.....i dont know what to do,first photoshop doesn't work for me anymore and now none of the map programs work for me! plz help (and sorry this was so long.....) oh no!! now i can't open any of my folders on my computer and its getting harder to get to these pages!

You could try to reinstall Gtk and Photoshop. If that don't work you might have a virus. I had a virus that kept me from opening lots of programs. I used Norton's Anti-Virus 2006 and it fixed it right up :D Try to reinstall the programs, and if that don't work, try some virus, adware, and spyware scanners. I recomed Norton's Anti-Virus 2006 for viruses, Ad-aware for adware, and Spy-bot Search and Distroy for spyware. If that doesn't fix it, you might want someone to take a look at your computer. Especially if other programs stop working.

Whoops, I just read that you can't open any folders on your computer? I think you do have a virus or annother threat, ether that or you computer is just fryed (which I hope it's not).

PSPtwister
May 30th, 2006, 21:04
hey thanks but i just restarted it and it works like a charm,i haven't checked photoshop but i will soon,and i have completed my new house map which will be released later today!

Buddy4point0
June 19th, 2006, 14:57
my q3radiant is also messed up when ever i try to compile it always says error