PDA

View Full Version : i cant upgrade to v2.0!! help!! pls!!

smr05
May 29th, 2006, 18:12
ive currently got version 1.5 running on my psp..
now that ive found out about 'bock' i wanna upgrade back to 2.0, but its not allowing me to..
i click on "update version 2.00" but then a screen pops up and all i can do is click on "o" which then leads me to nothing..
is my psp bricked??? please help!!!
thankyou!

V3N0M
May 29th, 2006, 18:18
Well does your psp still work?

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 18:42
What does it say when you press update?

Do you have your update file in the PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder?

And is it a eboot file?

Also it could be a corrupt eboot

ENG
May 29th, 2006, 20:15
Restore your default settings and then run the update again.

shadowprophet
May 29th, 2006, 20:29
Calm down calm down.
Ive never ran into this problem before.
But it doesnt sounds bricked. if it was bricked bro you woudlnt be able to power it on.
But with any luck kaiser will see this thread and he will know the answer :cool:
Hes all knowing when it comes to the psp :p

Have you tried takeing the battery out and let it set for thirty seconeds and then putting it back in .sounds like a prefectly normal glitch to me

motz
May 29th, 2006, 22:07
ive currently got version 1.5 running on my psp..
now that ive found out about 'bock' i wanna upgrade back to 2.0, but its not allowing me to..
i click on "update version 2.00" but then a screen pops up and all i can do is click on "o" which then leads me to nothing..
is my psp bricked??? please help!!!
thankyou!
Have you ever used any firmware customization tools on your firmware 1.50 before? It is possible to disable the ability to upgrade your PSP using such tools.

Zion
May 29th, 2006, 22:10
Yes. he should use Use PSPset. You can set your version number higher so the psp can't upgrade.

kyle2194
May 29th, 2006, 22:54
Did you use x-flash previously?

SSaxdude
May 30th, 2006, 00:45
Don't upgrade, 1.5 has all the good features of 2.0 plus more.

IndianCheese
May 30th, 2006, 01:39
LISTEN. Everyone asks this question. Go to Settings > System Settings > Restore Default Settings. This will fix your problem INDEFINATELY. This helped me once, and I helped about 7 others with this problem.

smr05
May 30th, 2006, 03:30
thanks for the replies!
yeh it aint bricked.. haha im calm now~
the reason i wanna upgrade is to use the web browser coz so many psp users are raving on about it..
once i upgrade to 2.0 my next question will be how to use the web browser through my wireless broadband connection..
so is it true that i can go on net where ever there is some sort of wireless connection? like in internet cafes and universities?
(btw im a her and not a he ^^)

Wally
May 30th, 2006, 03:53
I wouldnt upgrade for that.

Use Links PSP browser for 1.50 :D

V3N0M
May 30th, 2006, 05:30
lol most people here are guys lol.

motz
May 30th, 2006, 07:31
thanks for the replies!
yeh it aint bricked.. haha im calm now~
the reason i wanna upgrade is to use the web browser coz so many psp users are raving on about it..
once i upgrade to 2.0 my next question will be how to use the web browser through my wireless broadband connection..
so is it true that i can go on net where ever there is some sort of wireless connection? like in internet cafes and universities?
(btw im a her and not a he ^^) There are internet browsers available for firmware 1.50. :D

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 19:33
Agreed. Use Links2. its a great web browser for
v1.50 psp's!

SiZiOUS
June 1st, 2006, 09:36
LISTEN. Everyone asks this question. Go to Settings > System Settings > Restore Default Settings. This will fix your problem INDEFINATELY. This helped me once, and I helped about 7 others with this problem.
Maybe we should stick this thread here renamed to "Basic FAQ for PSP".

Some screenshots showing the problem :
http://sbibuilder.free.fr/imgs/psp/up200.png
http://sbibuilder.free.fr/imgs/psp/up200_2.png