PDA

View Full Version : Kutaragi: PlayStation 3 "is an expensive toy"

wraggster
May 29th, 2006, 21:00
News Via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/29/kutaragi-playstation-3-is-an-expensive-toy/)

Ah, in the grand tradition of taking execs' statements totally out of context, we present to you the latest bit of hubris from PlayStation father Ken Kutaragi. Speaking -- once again -- in defense of the PS3's, um, luxurious price, Kutaragi-san apparently told game magazine Famitsu, "PlayStation and PlayStation 2 were both ¥10,000 [about $90 US] more than their competitors at launch. Yet they both sold to shortages." Yes, well, it looks like the PS3 is going to be a little more than $90 more expensive than the Wii. But he's not done yet: "If you consider the PlayStation 3 a toy, then yes, it is an expensive toy. However, it is more than a toy. It is a PlayStation 3. And it is the only PlayStation 3. I hope that those who understand this will gladly purchase it." And there you have it; those who understand the PlayStation 3 is the PlayStation 3 -- and the only PlayStation-freaking-3 that there is -- should gladly want to purchase one. We're hoping something got lost in translation there. We really are.

bullhead
May 30th, 2006, 00:04
The only? I thought there were two versions. Oh well.
Hey if anyone is religious, I have a level exams and i could do with the help of a few gods whispering me the answers.

SSaxdude
May 30th, 2006, 00:28
"And it is the only Playstation 3."
Wow, that tops everything George Bush has said.

emuking
May 30th, 2006, 01:13
sony is bs but what he meant was that the ps3 they make is the only ps3 anyone can make and that means its value and quality, too expensive though which is why everyone bitches

V3N0M
May 30th, 2006, 02:56
That pep talk makes me want to buy a ps3 now...lol

NiGame
May 30th, 2006, 08:26
Damn I thought I would be buying a cow not is ps3 damn I'm glad he cleared that up for me