PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-D2 incoming

wraggster
October 22nd, 2009, 22:36
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=32738&view_reply=1)/pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com/forums/le-custom-firmware-5-50gen-d-est-disponible-t185357-468.html)

The update of the Custom Firmware D 5.50GEN had to solve all the problems encountered by users with the previous 5.50GEN-C. But even with this last update have been some reports of bugs, like the one linked to the online component of some games like Fifa10 that will be corrected with an additional bug-fix update: the 5.50GEN-D2. This is the statement by Yoshihiro on PSPGEN. Was not announced any release date but we will keep you informed in case of updates.
More to follow.

5.50GEN-D2 Bug-Fix:

Quote:

- Fix TKIP WLAN for games like Fifa10, MotorStorm and other
- Fix Video Output for titles that require 5.55/6.00
- Fix recovery menu with the options dedicated to the Pandora Battery
- Removed the splash screen PSPGEN; will be replaced with a screen that will alert the proper functioning of the decrypter

We thank you for reporting psp-ceramic

Viral Decadent
October 22nd, 2009, 22:41
These people are just on it lately aren't they?

symbal
October 22nd, 2009, 22:50
Yeah but what exactly are they on? Whatever it is makes them pretty relaxed about pre release testing.

osgeld
October 23rd, 2009, 00:04
:rolleyes:

tachyon
October 23rd, 2009, 00:40
I'm looking forward to a more direct pandora option.

Overall I'm happy with GEN-D. Some homebrew works and some homebrew is broke but I had these problems in m33 so the broke stuff is probably something I'm screwing up with (maybe 1.5 fw stuff?).

Keep up the good work!

mike_jmg
October 23rd, 2009, 04:20
I might wait til this one comes out, cause I have everything I want on GEN B right now

fpcreator2000
October 23rd, 2009, 14:44
My issues with the new release will be solved with GEND2 release because I am having WPA-TKIP connection issues with all apps and homebrew, except for the PSP browser.

Nokiaman
October 23rd, 2009, 16:14
They should focus more on testing it so there won't be 30 versions.

osgeld
October 23rd, 2009, 17:44
yea really, flash does have a finite write life :p

Zack
October 23rd, 2009, 19:12
I hope they make the XMB faster in the next Gen release.

Try 5.00M33 then GenD and you will see what I mean. Takes a lifetime to display PIC1 in gen :/

Viral Decadent
October 23rd, 2009, 21:04
Yeah but what exactly are they on? Whatever it is makes them pretty relaxed about pre release testing.

Though you have good points, you can't really expect someone to be able to find every single bug within a firmware until it has such testing numbers that it would once released. I'm sure they release the thing with good intentions, at least they are trying.

It would be nice to see them release a firmware and not need the mass amount of testing info though, sadly the days are Dark Alex seem to have vanished unless he's secretly working on the psp go or something.