PDA

View Full Version : FRANCE: ‘Net piracy law passed

wraggster
October 23rd, 2009, 15:26
Three-strikes-and-you’re-out policy gets approved as France takes a stand on BitTorrent
European powerhouse France has ushered in controversial new legislation that looks to cut off the internet connections of those found to have pirated movies, music and games online.
Offenders face being cut off from the internet for up to a year. A new agency has been established to govern the process, according to TechRadar.
The three-strikes-and-you’re-out policy has received plenty of opposition, though many pro-copyright campaigners are keen to see similar measure introduced on this side of The Channel.
“France is acting as a spearhead,” director general of the French music industry association David El Sayegh stated. “Piracy is not just a French problem, it is a global problem.”
However, La Quadrature du Net’s Jérémie Zimmermann heaped scorn on the ruling, stating: “It is a very sad day for Internet freedom in France.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36232/FRANCE-Net-piracy-law-passed

mike_jmg
October 23rd, 2009, 17:51
very sad indeed

the_eternal_dark
October 24th, 2009, 00:54
We need a country similar to China and USA. That way we could copy and own guns.

mattsaysfooey
October 25th, 2009, 18:17
We need a country similar to China and USA. That way we could copy and own guns.

Already there my friend. Already there.

Where do I park and turn my laptop on and connect to a wireless connection point with a usb hard drive and plug a laptop current converter into the cigarette lighter. PROFIT$$ :rofl: Morons.

OH NOE IM BANT FROM INTERWEBS WHATEVER SHALLS I DO.:rofl:

the_eternal_dark
October 25th, 2009, 18:41
Already there my friend. Already there.

Where do I park and turn my laptop on and connect to a wireless connection point with a usb hard drive and plug a laptop current converter into the cigarette lighter. PROFIT$$ :rofl: Morons.

OH NOE IM BANT FROM INTERWEBS WHATEVER SHALLS I DO.:rofl:

Lol. :thumbup:

No_one_in_particular
October 26th, 2009, 03:04
Judging from what I've been reading, this could well be on the way to the UK.

Where are you from? A repeal of gun restrictions is the last thing I want to happen here, personally.

Y'know, I've found it to be fairly difficult in finding unprotected networks here - but then I do live in a fairly deprived town and I believe wireless connectivity here is one of the worst in Europe anyway. Either way, they'd probably just send an information package out informing people of the importance of protecting your wireless connection, with the warning the owner of the connection could be liable to prosecution if he failed to protect it properly and allowed it to be abused.

mike_jmg
October 26th, 2009, 14:36

Already there too, don't really know about the guns though, but I can copy whatever I want

mattsaysfooey
October 27th, 2009, 02:58
Y'know, I've found it to be fairly difficult in finding unprotected networks here - but then I do live in a fairly deprived town and I believe wireless connectivity here is one of the worst in Europe anyway. Either way, they'd probably just send an information package out informing people of the importance of protecting your wireless connection, with the warning the owner of the connection could be liable to prosecution if he failed to protect it properly and allowed it to be abused.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5120887_build-antenna-using-satellite-dish.html

Stick a flat edge in the usb wireless adaptor median and snap it open.

Solder the copper endings of a multi line cord into the antenna module.

Then solder into the 4 point lines on the front of the usb adaptor (Use a a meter when it's plugged in to find + and -) then amplify or resist it accordingly into the dish.

Connect the formatted voltage and signal lines to the dish.

All set with multiple square miles of internet scanning.

When my internet goes down here. I need phone or internet i use it. Apparently the FCC feels you shouldn't be allowed to have one - thusly you have to make it yourself.