PDA

View Full Version : Treamcast the Portable Dreamcast Reviewed

DCEmu_Newsposter
July 19th, 2004, 11:03
For a long time i was itching to get my hands on one of the Portable Dreamcasts called the Treamcast, ever since Lik Sang first posted the news and so 2 weeks ago i ordered one and it came and heres my review of the Treamcast.[br][br]Check it out Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/treamcast.shtml) [br][br]Could this be the Ultimate Homebrew and Emulation system :)

wraggster
July 19th, 2004, 11:13
The review will probably be longer when i feel better :)

DCDayDreamer
July 19th, 2004, 16:38
Great review as it is and nice pics too.

DCDayDreamer goes green with envy and wishes he hated Wraggs for being a show-off.

wraggster
July 19th, 2004, 16:42
I would have had more pics of the Treamcast working but my ruddy camera kept on distorting the light so i gave up :)

Kamjin
July 19th, 2004, 18:59
I've been endlessly debating on getting one of these..
But I keep wondering about that screen, and how well
it plays the VCD's.. at least 1/2 the question is answered,
the other 1/2 hopefully soon..

Is there a contrast/brightness adjustment on it?

wraggster
July 19th, 2004, 19:02
yes

Zero007
July 19th, 2004, 22:49
Ive looked into getting one of these to put in my car for the long trips I end up taking quite frequently (seeing as how the iPod can offer only so much entertainment) and was wondering if it works with regular dreamcast controllers, cuz i still have my old DC, a couple of controllers and all my old games, and if i could drag it along with me, that'd be great, thanx

wraggster
July 20th, 2004, 01:43
yeah works perfect with normal dreamcast controllers, basicaly its like a normal dreamcast.

meaning it plays cdrs/gdroms etc etc

souLLy
July 20th, 2004, 04:11
very nice review that. nice one wraggs. i'll get one when i have the money :D

wraggster
July 20th, 2004, 04:14
you wouldnt belive the crap i got off my wife for buying it :P

krowstrife
July 20th, 2004, 21:25
yeah i am getting one (well when i stop being a poor lttle kid) can i hook in my boardband adapter and use it?

Emperor_MAR
July 20th, 2004, 23:52
One problem with the review is that the controller is based off of the Saturn Model 2 controller

http://www.vidgame.net/SEGA/Sega/Saturn/saturn_cont.jpg

wraggster
July 21st, 2004, 01:20
yeah i did say it was a thowback to the old genesis controllers