PDA

View Full Version : s9xTYLmecm 091023rd - Snes Emulator for PSP

wraggster
October 23rd, 2009, 21:46
News via pspita (http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=32770&view_reply=1)

It 'was just released a new update for the homebrew s9xTYLmecm, the excellent Super Nintendo emulator for the PSP. Not many news trickling in this release. Were however made some improvements to processes meanings chart with a resultant increase in speed for different video mode emulator.

Quote:

- Some improvements in the process graph, with consequent increase in speed mode "PSP accelerated", "PSP accel. + Accurate. Soft.", "PSP accel. + Approx. Soft."

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

darthhaze420
October 23rd, 2009, 22:04
not that i dont appreciate the work but i will stick with zack he really seems to care about the project and has made serious headway

symbal
October 23rd, 2009, 22:15
I'm always surprised the lack of progress on Snes emulation whatever the technical roadblocks are, but yeah it's good Zack's version is just focusing on speed.

Jinx1337
October 24th, 2009, 00:33
I'm always surprised the lack of progress on Snes emulation whatever the technical roadblocks are, but yeah it's good Zack's version is just focusing on speed.

Nearly a year and a half with no SNES updates and now we have not one but two coders working on the project, one of them being well known and respected?

Awesome.

Jinx1337
October 24th, 2009, 00:54
Just checked this version out.

It IS significantly faster from Ruka's TEST 5! Tried FF6 with Mog's speedhacks - seems like AUTO frameskip - no more slowdown when entering battle (tho it still lags music a little bit)
Earthworm Jim runs almost perfectly with mentioned speedhacks, 1xxx khz sound sampling and 0 frameskip!

Will test some more and report later, so far I can tell some improvements! Can't compare it with Euphoria R2 yet as I haven't had much time to play this week, but I sure will do that tommorow.

Now I wish both Zack and the other coder joined forces; this could really mean perfect SNES emulation on the PSP!

Viral Decadent
October 24th, 2009, 01:37
I think it's a little strange we get these "Speed Improvements" right after Zack released his great entry into the SNES scene.

symbal
October 24th, 2009, 01:49
Well if they did "borrow" Zack's code normaly i'd wave my arms about credit to the coder, but honestly i just want a decent Snes emulator and more coders mean quicker results.

Viral Decadent
October 24th, 2009, 01:55
Well if they did "borrow" Zack's code normaly i'd wave my arms about credit to the coder, but honestly i just want a decent Snes emulator and more coders mean quicker results.

Of course, but there isn't much improvement if that was the case, but I don't even know if Zack released his source code did he?

B2K24
October 24th, 2009, 06:43
Of course, but there isn't much improvement if that was the case, but I don't even know if Zack released his source code did he?

He has not as of yet.

keep in mind folks
s9xTYLmecm091011_4.zip was released on 10/11
and Zacks R1 was released 10/18

So it is not because of Zack directly the emulator is getting updates.

I'm gonna favor Zack more because we can understand his language :p

israelg
October 24th, 2009, 07:26
Looking for retro titles to use with the snes emulation

I currently use qbert, ms-pacman, space invaders,
arkanoid....

Do you know about more classic titles in the snes platform... ?

I just need the names...

Zack
October 25th, 2009, 13:49
I think it's a little strange we get these "Speed Improvements" right after Zack released his great entry into the SNES scene.

I haven't released the source yet so unless they went to the hassle of decompiling the eboot then working though the mess to see the source, they did it themselves.

Collaboration isn't possible due to the language differences. There speedups though are identical R2 and it still suffers from the same graphical glitches as R2 so I guess they just did the same optimization as I did.

I can safely say these guys will never release their source code. I plan to soon (it's so messy from rukka's work that I want to clean it up before releasing)

I will see this though until the end, I don't know about the other guys. (just check out my work on Wolf3D for proof!)

Use whichever version you like though ;)

SmashinGit
October 25th, 2009, 15:35
I will see this though until the end, I don't know about the other guys. (just check out my work on Wolf3D for proof!)

I'll stick to using yours ;-)

B2K24
October 25th, 2009, 18:26
I'll stick to using yours ;-)

I will also :thumbup:
These other guys can steal but when the awesome menu is redone for the next Euphoria release it's gonna be a bit tougher to steal that and not have people notice :rofl::rofl::D

Viral Decadent
October 25th, 2009, 21:31
I haven't released the source yet so unless they went to the hassle of decompiling the eboot then working though the mess to see the source, they did it themselves.

Collaboration isn't possible due to the language differences. There speedups though are identical R2 and it still suffers from the same graphical glitches as R2 so I guess they just did the same optimization as I did.

I can safely say these guys will never release their source code. I plan to soon (it's so messy from rukka's work that I want to clean it up before releasing)

I actually play your version of Wolf3D quite often and am very happy with it.

browncoat.tobi
October 26th, 2009, 07:45
These other guys can steal but when the awesome menu is redone for the next Euphoria release it's gonna be a bit tougher to steal that and not have people notice :rofl::rofl::D

Yeah, right... did you read this thread at all?

Anyway, I think it's great we now got two "competing" coders, it can only result in better software for us all.
(Though I wish the Japanese coder would release his source code, or would directly collaborate with Zack. Cooperation would probably lead to even better results than competition [yeah, I'm no fan of the so-called "free market" ;)].)