PDA

View Full Version : ATPSP- Anti-Theft PSP 1.0

wraggster
May 30th, 2006, 08:25
realn0whereman posted this news/release:

ok most of the credit should go to youresam1. he did most of the coding. basically if a theif steals your psp and opens the memory stick in windows explorer than it will send the IP of the computer to your email.

OPEN THE HTML FILE WITH NOTEPAD AND REPLACE THE CRAZY EMAIL WITH YOURS

ok just drag the 2 files into the root of your stick... im still working out some kinks but it basically works

Bugs:
1. the only way to explore ur psp is to right click and open or it will popup google all the time

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via realn0whereman (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=52564)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 30th, 2006, 08:42
Yeah great tells you what you already know some thieving bast has nicked your psp.:(

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 30th, 2006, 08:44
MMMMmm just thought you can use who is DNS lookup up to narrow it down to a smalller area.No good if its a local drugy who just sellls it in the pub tho lol.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 30th, 2006, 08:47
Now a self destruct would be cool !!!.

mr_nick666
May 30th, 2006, 08:51
How about a virus that tells them what a bad person they are every time they use their PC?? :D
Then blows their filthy, thieving, hands off!?? :mad:

NiGame
May 30th, 2006, 09:32
You need to make it activate remote computer then you can access their machine and cause as much damage as they have caused you - its only fair

StealthCP
May 30th, 2006, 09:48
BOOM!

Or send captured net packets to your computer so you get his credit card details and buy a new one... only fair?

jman420
May 30th, 2006, 09:59
wow but isnt this is a computer virus, why are you people encouraging this?? how else would it send you an email. if its linked to whatever its connected to, couldnt it send the IP of the owners psp to someone else, showing them the owner of the psp's IP address????

Airdevil
May 30th, 2006, 12:11
wow but isnt this is a computer virus, why are you people encouraging this?? how else would it send you an email. if its linked to whatever its connected to, couldnt it send the IP of the owners psp to someone else, showing them the owner of the psp's IP address????

you can easily look thro the html code.......

The_Ultimate_Eggman
May 30th, 2006, 12:16
No one said it was a virus would be cool if you could mess up there pc tho for stealing it thats what were saying..

gavind
May 30th, 2006, 12:45
it sounds more like an auto generated web form than a virus, when they click on your memory stick it will collect there details like a website does and then just auto sends it to the email you specified, a bit like when you fill out a query form.

i aint looked at it yet, but before i do thats what my idea of what it is is.

gavind
May 30th, 2006, 12:51
after looking at it, its a bit like i thought, it does in fact use a website to collect the data and then sends it using a form that u dont see to the email. and the genius part of it is that it has the autorun.inf so that it will launch when plugged in to a PC.

Kikuichimoji
May 30th, 2006, 16:15
Anyone tried it yet??

mr_nick666
May 30th, 2006, 16:39
Anyone tried it yet??

Post your PSP over and I'll give it a whirl! ;)

Be sure to let me know if you get my IP! :) Lol!

pakkman781
May 30th, 2006, 18:27
So, what happens when I hook the stolen PSP up to my Mac? ;)

Elsid
May 30th, 2006, 19:01
what would be kl is like a locator so if it got nicked yea go to you computer and see where the person is moving then once u find out where they live erm i guess call the police.

NeoXCS
May 30th, 2006, 20:08
For it to have been a virus it would have had to replicate itself. Thats basically the basis of a virus. :p

Sk8.4.Life
May 31st, 2006, 00:05
Well this seems pretty awesome and all, but I wish this had been invented a bit sooner... My PSP was ripped off about 2 months after they came out at school in my science class. :( I did just buy another one about 3 weeks ago and I pumped it full of all the best stuff on this site! :) I'll install it on mine and hopefully update it in the near future. ;) Thanks for watching out for all of us youresam1. :D

Wally
May 31st, 2006, 01:36
So, what happens when I hook the stolen PSP up to my Mac? ;)

Theives are dumb, they use PCS :)

I cant believe how simple this is but pls make a mac one too. (or maybe i should)

pakkman781, does quicktime still use the autorun feature?
IF it does then we could easily make one ourselves! :P

Technically a password partition would work better (I have seen some memory sticks with them)
And if the password is incorrect 3 times then send the IP..

TEAL DRAGON128
May 31st, 2006, 05:34
Does it send anything else besides the IP address?

TEAL DRAGON128
May 31st, 2006, 05:43
WAIT A MINUTE!
this thing seems somehow suspicious, i dont trust these viruses!
wont it send your IP address to the E-mail address that is already inside when you first open it?

Dbgtgoten
May 31st, 2006, 22:46
xD no because he said to change it to your address from the crazy email so you basically change it before you put on your psp XD:p