PDA

View Full Version : Tekken PSP Gets New D-Pad

wraggster
May 30th, 2006, 10:53
Via Gamebrink (http://www.gamebrink.com/news/456-Tekken_PSP_Gets_New_DPad.html)

While on display across Japan this weekend, PSPs on display had special D-Pad covers. These covers will apparently be bundled with the game when it is released in Japan on July 6th. No word on whether or not it will be bundled with the US release.

Screenshot Via Comments

geise69
May 30th, 2006, 12:18
Considering we got shafted with Street Fighter Zero 3 in the US I would expect the same thing when this gets released in the States.

mr_nick666
May 30th, 2006, 13:25
They'll be on ebay for 50p inc P+P before long! :D

knblh
May 30th, 2006, 13:37
personally i think that Dpad looks rubbish lol just my opinion but looks like its been shoved on the top of the original Dpad a black cover would have looked better.

Ichijoe
May 30th, 2006, 13:47
No whats' sad is the fact that the PSPs'™ D-Pad sucks so bad to begin with that, the Devlopers had to waste there time trying to correct S0NYs' misttakes...

Lodis
May 30th, 2006, 13:53
You can buy the same Dpad here and it comes in the black colour.

http://videogame.brando.com.hk/

I think the best fix for the Dpad is the one where you actually open up your Psp and fix it with cardboard. This Dpad that comes with Tekken is just stuck on top of the current Dpad which won't be as effective.

mog
May 30th, 2006, 14:01
I think this cover will be usefull for playing games like sfa3 and tekken.
It will be better than the current Dpad on the PSP for doing moves that require you to rotate your thumb around the Dpad or press a diagonal.
The current dpad would be uncomfortable for these moves because there is a gap where the diagonals are. :)

personally i think that Dpad looks rubbish lol just my opinion but looks like its been shoved on the top of the original Dpad a black cover would have looked better.
The reason it looks like it's been shoved on top, is because thats how it's suposed to be, they are covers...

...PSPs on display had special D-Pad covers. These covers...

kevho
May 30th, 2006, 14:15
ugly but good for fighting games

AKUMA01
May 30th, 2006, 14:23
The tape a quarter on top of the d-pad thing works for me. I sow that in EGM or Gamepro.

Mr. Shizzy
May 30th, 2006, 16:05
I just use analog for fighting

Kramer
May 30th, 2006, 17:13
they couldnt of made it anymore uglier imo
could of least made it black

psp4me
May 30th, 2006, 21:25
My first psp d pad didnt work, my second psp the d pad works fine with fighting games. If your d pad dosnt do diagonals properly then you should send it back to sony

Voltron
May 30th, 2006, 23:26
Yeah that's ugly!

I guess I like the PSP's D-Pad but for a few games it seems less funtional than it should be. Could be the way the game was developed, could be the design of the D-Pad or a combination of both.

For all that the PSP can do, A less-than-perfect D-Pad is the least of my gripes.

SSaxdude
May 31st, 2006, 01:01
The tape on quarter was in EGM.

Auron
July 2nd, 2006, 19:17
i think it is wery comfortable i'm a tekken pro so it would help me not to damage my fingers or/and my PSP )))