PDA

View Full Version : MGS Digital Comic trails the PSP

wraggster
May 30th, 2006, 17:55
We're still not quite sure what to make of Konami's upcoming Metal Gear Solid Digital Comic thing for PSP, given that it's really not a game as such - more an interactive MGS bible, as the publisher's bigwigs would have it.

Either way, we've got a new 'gameplay' trailer of the not-really-a-game, which tasks you with roving through a multimedia-ized version of the existing MGS comic book, rifling for clues and scanning various objects to unlock all sorts of stuff about Snake and crew.

Feel free to have a gander in preparation for the title's still to be announced release date.

News from CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=140703)

StealthCP
May 30th, 2006, 18:40
I still don't get why they just don't port MGS to PSP, similar to the gamecube version with enhanced graphics, it'd be much simpler, and a huge hit outside of Japan... who gives a damn what they want anyway? They are so confusing, the japaneese.. who'd want to play a comic book "not-a-game"? Oh, the Japs, of course :D:D

Mew
May 30th, 2006, 19:44
who'd want to play a comic book "not-a-game"? Oh, the Japs, of course :D:D
and me! :D

7th-son
May 30th, 2006, 20:19
i think it's about the same idea as the silent hill stuff for psp

just see it as a new kind of media, for psp only

Ichijoe
May 30th, 2006, 20:47
So would this be like One of those "Interactive" Story type Game(s). I'd have to admit Two things here.

1) I'm not Japanese. =(
2) I have loved this Format ever since I've played Divi-Dead and Eve Burst Error. So there must be other People who like this Gene, then the Japanese...

kevho
May 30th, 2006, 21:34
I still don't get why they just don't port MGS to PSP
because they are making a game as well you know, metal gear solid portable ops?? heard of it before?, if no here's a link http://uk.media.psp.ign.com/media/783/783630/vids_1.html

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 21:39
Sounds weird.....:confused: .....but then again I thought Metal Gear Acid's card sytem sounded wierd but i grew to love it. :p

Voltron
May 30th, 2006, 23:21
Yeah, I have to admit that this sounds like it would only appeal to a small niche. But then again, its Metal Gear and it was developed by Kojima Productions so it may be worth checking out. I thought Metal Gear Ac!d was a dramatic change in pace and now this....

I also would like to see the original Metal Gear Solid ported and enhanced for the PSP. I think that game would work well on the little handheld beauty. If not, I'm sure when the PS1 emulation is possible, MGS will be one of the compatible PS1 games.

logicbomb.de
May 31st, 2006, 07:34
i think it's about the same idea as the silent hill stuff for psp

just see it as a new kind of media, for psp only

Yep,

plus the Silent Hill Experience UMD is pretty phenominal so I would expect the same level of production quality here too for the Metal Gear counterpart.

Apoklepz
May 31st, 2006, 16:47
This is OK I guess...Me being a huge fan of the series and all, I already own the actual comic book and there's not much else to say about it, other than it ilustrates the game's story pretty faithfully, although I really didn't like the rough sketchy-style art that much. I'm more into a Jim-Lee/Mcfarlane style of comicbook drawing...but that's just me. I'm sure some people will dig the art in this, it's really not bad at all.

Anyways, I will not get this because I actually own the real deal already...This only adds sound and animation, and I really don't watch movies more than 5 minutes long on my PSP...It gives me a migraine.

I also want to point out, to those that have seen the teaser videos for the upcoming portable MGS...Is it me, or does it seem like some cutscenes for that game will be rendered in the same style as this comic book?..If you don't know what I'm talking about, go check out both trailer videos...the one for the game & the one for the digi-comic, and you'll see it.

Can't wait for the game, though... That & Tekken are the main reasons I bought a second PSP recently...I still haven't even opened it, so it's sitting there, unlike it's homebrew whored-out big bro, waiting for a worthy UMD... That day soon cometh! XP