PDA

View Full Version : the Dreamcast moddem

blackpuma
May 7th, 2004, 09:52
Ok my dreamcast is supplied with a moddem, sounds great! But how do I use it? I for exapmle live in Greece, is there a network? I thought it can be turned in a link with my PC's LAN port, as I don't have the propper connector! Is that possible? Can the moddem be useful to me in any way... or just to complete the square shape of the DC ;D!?!

guymelef
June 20th, 2004, 03:16
it's just a 56k modem and you need a webbrowser to set it up. and you'll set it up like a regular modem for pc pretty much. stuff like; dial up number, login name, login password. and that's it. after that you can set up your email client if you have one. POP3 SMTP server info. and then you can download save files directly to your vmu. speaking of which we need a better site that is devoted to vmu saves. as for the modem there is also a broad band adapter(i've got one) and a lan adapter(sort of worthless but still very functional, just don't get ripped off because it's only good with one browser disc that was barely produced)

guymelef
June 20th, 2004, 03:17
there was a web browser set that really kicked ass, I think it was called "TAKEN OUT FOR CONTENT" check it out

Eric
June 20th, 2004, 04:06
Lucky for you there is also some games online there is some games online in north america but Pal has brought some servers back i would recommend you to check out www.onlineconsoles.com for more info

Eric

WHurricane16
June 20th, 2004, 06:53
I think it was called XPD check it out

Be advised, some may consider XDP highly illegal.

Christuserloeser
June 20th, 2004, 07:42
there was a web browser set that really kicked ass, I think it was called XPD check it out

We do consider it warez at DCEmuUK. No talk of any hacked browsers is acceptable, please read the forum rules.

guymelef
June 27th, 2004, 12:20
sorry, I remember talking about it on dcemulation. i'll take the link out.

arena128
June 27th, 2004, 15:08
in the pal versions of dreamcast the modem they is 33.6. and finds dream key 3( free of charge with the psov2)