PDA

View Full Version : Dad Kills Son Over Missing VideoGame

wraggster
October 26th, 2009, 18:15
Houstonian Ofelio Antonio Otero, 40, allegedly shot and killed his 17-year-old son yesterday morning after arguing with him about a missing video game.

Otero had been drinking heavily when he started arguing with his wife about said video game. His son, Ignacio, joined the argument and then Otero loaded his gun. According to Houston Police Department authorities, Ignacio first tried to knock the gun away from his father and then ran from him.

Otero shot his son in the neck. He fled as his son died at the scene.

Three hours later, he surrendered to an HPD SWAT team after a standoff.

The Houston Chronicle reports:

Otero, who is facing a murder charge, has a prior criminal history in Harris County that includes a DWI conviction.

http://kotaku.com/5389638/dad-kills-son-over-missing-video-game

symbal
October 26th, 2009, 19:31
Don't you just love the Americans constitutional right to bear arms, puts any drunken fool in arms reach of what is common sense says is designed just for killing, at least in the UK you have to have the courage to make contact with your victim without a gun.

Torgod13
October 26th, 2009, 19:51
Listen kid... I LOVE THE CONSTITUTION!! I lived in Oakland Ca. You take guns away from people... only the criminals will have guns.. Some one is going to take an awful big risk if they want to break into my house an i am home. By the way, the idiot would have tried to kill him with a spoon if he didn't have a gun. Plus a convicted felon is not allowed to own a gun.. see.. its not the decent citizens. Because of week kneed liberals and their tolerance for crime, i thank the Constitution for giving me the right to protect myself. Not everything is roses and cupcakes here. As for Houstonian Ofelio Antonio Otero, He needs to b taken out to pasture and shot himself.

JDvorak
October 26th, 2009, 20:20
Don't you just love the Americans constitutional right to bear arms, puts any drunken fool in arms reach of what is common sense says is designed just for killing, at least in the UK you have to have the courage to make contact with your victim without a gun.

Woah back off buddy!! This guy should not have had a gun at all with the DUI charge. He had it illegally and was an angry drunk. His rage would have caused him to use a knife, chainsaw, or anything he could get his hands on, the boys neck perhaps! So don't go slamming the right to bear arms, if there weren't so many damn criminals out there we wouldn't need guns, but there are so shut up dude!

symbal
October 26th, 2009, 20:46
Saying that the criminals have guns so everyone should is never a good argument, the American government let it get this bad so they should have a definate long term plan to fix it, apart from the odd state senator saying they want something done there really is just too much money in firearms for American and especially international markets for anything more than political hot air, the simple fact is i never seen a gun in the UK and wouldn't have the first clue how to get one, in the US criminal records mean absolutely nothing when you can get a gun for literally pocket money.

JDvorak
October 26th, 2009, 21:08
Saying that the criminals have guns so everyone should is never a good argument, the American government let it get this bad so they should have a definate long term plan to fix it, apart from the odd state senator saying they want something done there really is just too much money in firearms for American and especially international markets for anything more than political hot air, the simple fact is i never seen a gun in the UK and wouldn't have the first clue how to get one, in the US criminal records mean absolutely nothing when you can get a gun for literally pocket money.

So even the criminals in the UK don't have guns? Not true! Or do the criminals over there kill by other methods?

Insomniac-Evolution
October 26th, 2009, 21:17
Yeah! but it happened in london in a line up to getting GTA IV? sum1 got stabbed over it, no different! it's the individual not the guns... anyway i wonder what game is to blame this time?? early stock of modern warfare 2? "son takes it" wheres my fricken game? ima play it before u daddy, no your not bam! lol jk

symbal
October 26th, 2009, 21:26
Yes UK criminals can get them but they have to know the right people, but normal people wouldn't know where to look and if i started asking around there's a very high chance someone would report me to the police, in the US you just walk into an average person's house and find one, i have absolutely zero worries about gun crime where i live and the north east is seen as one of the worst places to live.

Viral Decadent
October 27th, 2009, 00:01
Someone obviously wanted to get in a Brutal Legend fix.

darkriku2000
October 27th, 2009, 00:40

The right to bear arms is more important than you think. It's purpose in the constitution is that people have the right to defend their selves. We have the first amendment, the freedom of expression, and to defend it, we have the second amendment. In the event that the American government becomes oppressive of it's people (it's happened to other nations, it can happen to us) the second amendment is our way to defend our selves. If the government where to turn the army against it's people, sure they may be stronger since they have military grade weaponry, but we'll at least be able to defend ourselves better than you guys. At least, if the dreaded day comes where we have to defend our selves, we won't have to charge at the army's riflemen with knives or clubs.

So next time, think, and do a little research before making ignorant statements that do nothing more than make you sound like an asshole.

symbal
October 27th, 2009, 01:20
The right to bear arms is a throw back to when america was just forming and absolutely right in the civil war people did need to be armed, but it's a fully formed country with fairly stable leadership, and come on saying you need to arm up incase the American government starts to oppress the people is a pretty 18th century way of looking at things, all i'm saying is the right to bear arms is not an ideal that a modern first world country should live by and even if it takes 200 years to convince the people they should start getting the idea into peoples heads.

PoorKingz
October 27th, 2009, 01:33
I've heard that there is a problem with people getting knifed in the UK.

Anyway, most criminals in the US with guns obtained them illegally. So if they make it illegal to own or buy them then the law abiding citizens will not have access to guns while the criminals do. That would not be a good scenario.

symbal
October 27th, 2009, 02:01
Obviously you can't just suddenly take guns away from an armed nation the country would just fall apart, all that's needed is education over time, and yeah knife crime is a problem in some areas but i'd rather someone attacked me with a knife so i have some chance of defending myself, where what chance do you have against someone in the distance pulling a trigger? Waving your arms around won't help much there, and i don't think i ever heard of a drive by knifing.

JDvorak
October 27th, 2009, 03:22
How do people in the UK do their fox hunts without guns? Do you just tree the fox and not kill it?

symbal
October 27th, 2009, 03:55
Fox hunting is illegal now.

JDvorak
October 27th, 2009, 14:30
Really not in the USA!

symbal
October 27th, 2009, 15:06
Actually farmers can get a licence to have a shotgun to kill pest foxes, and with special permission fox culling is allowed if an area's overrun with them, but it is illegal as a sport.

waternova
October 27th, 2009, 17:37
Not to take sides, but I own several firearms, and I use them to hunt. Not for sport, but for food. I am curious, if guns are illegal, does that mean no more hunting?
Oh and if someone wants to kill, then they are gong to kill. True, having access to a gun makes it a little easier, but no guns means using another method.

symbal
October 27th, 2009, 17:50
Yes people will find other methods of killing, but it takes a lot more courage to walk up to someone and stab them than it is to run away and shoot them, and knowing there is a chance you'll get hurt when trying to knife someone will deter a lot of killers, the main thing is Americans grow up in a gun culture and for any culture it's difficult to accept other ways.