PDA

View Full Version : New DSi in Japan With Bigger Screen This Year

wraggster
October 26th, 2009, 21:16
A new Nintendo DSi with a larger screen will be available by year's end in Japan, reports website Nikkei (subscription required).

The report states the screen will now be close to the size of Sony's PSP, nearly double that of the current DSi screen area. This will not only allow for higher display of graphics and text, but possibly new applications as well, such as reading electronic books and watching video.

The new DSi will be priced at 18,900 yen ($205 USD), the same as the current model at retailers. The report states Nintendo is considering releasing the new DSi overseas.

We've contacted Nintendo of America for a response and possible release. Keep checking back.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/103/1039028p1.html

Dragonic
October 27th, 2009, 10:36
This is ridicolous... Nintendo should be working on their new Tegra-console :p. Well, is this really true or is it rumors? It's rumors, I think, so I hope it's not true. I want a new console, not an old console with some improvements. Please, Nintendo, tell me this isn't true...

JDvorak
October 27th, 2009, 14:34
Well if it is true then will the top and bottom screen be the size of a PSP screen, or is that both screens realestate added together? And will it be a wider screen like the PSP? If this does materialize it will probably be a new console, at least I hope with a crap load of memory, a super fast processor, a better web browser, mp3 support, and a movie player that plays a lot of formats!!!

User Name
October 27th, 2009, 15:18
Yeah I know if only they could have Nintendo size and Apple software put into it. Just think of how powerful that would be with how fast the Ipod Touch 3rd Generation is with it's small size. Such a device would possible put others out of business in my opinion.