PDA

View Full Version : Modchips.. Bricked PSPs.. let me help :)

MikeDX
May 30th, 2006, 18:37
With the upcoming modchip for the PSP i am going to offer a fitting service for those in the UK (overseas people sadly the shipping will cost too much).

Also As far as I can tell I will be able to fix bricked psps.

So, can I have a list of eople who would like to make use of my services? The chips are £50 (aparently), I will only charge a nomial fee for fitting and return delivery - about £25 or so.

For the bricked PSPs, the plan is to restore 1.5firmware, the cost of this will depend on how succesful I am.

Please let me know if you would like to make use of this service! First come first serve. I do expect there to be quite a few people not brave enough to tackle the psp with a soldering iron by themselves!

kyle2194
May 30th, 2006, 19:12
Hey mike, could you post a simple guide on how to do it ourselves, for us in the US. :-)

V3N0M
May 30th, 2006, 19:15
Ya because how much would it cost to ship from the USA to the UK? I can't soilder for crap so if i can find someone i can pay to do it for me in the US. Or send it to you but how much do you think it will cost?

under_0ath777
May 30th, 2006, 19:34
you could always ask your local internet cafe

gunntims0103
May 30th, 2006, 19:36
does anyone think that sites will start selling psp's with the mod chip already installed in it

psp726
May 30th, 2006, 19:44
Yea, how much would it cost in the us? Becuase i know that i cant install this in myself and I didnt know who to trust to send my psp to them until you came in and said you would do it. Now if you cant do it for the us people then I wouldnt know who to send it to.

bandit
May 30th, 2006, 20:01
Shipping Airmail (no insurance, no tracking) would cost no more then $10 USD.

Shipping EMS (includes insurance and tracking) would cost $15-20.

This all depends on weight and distance. Actual price may be more or less then price mentioned but its an estimate.

Mike..you got PM

johanh
May 30th, 2006, 20:19
If it is proven to work id be VERY interested.

But i think id like to read about a succesfully installed mod chip before making my mind up.

If it works id gladly pay for the mod service.

Bluecat
May 30th, 2006, 21:07
I'd be interested in it too, but what if you knacker my beloved PSP in the process?

gunntims0103
May 30th, 2006, 21:45
I'd be interested in it too, but what if you knacker my beloved PSP in the process?

:p im all good i have ma friends psp en its all cracked and looks lik dudu so il keep it around then wen i buy the mod chip il install it in the messed up one first then if it works il put it on mine

Bluecat
May 30th, 2006, 21:56
:p im all good i have ma friends psp en its all cracked and looks lik dudu so il keep it around then wen i buy the mod chip il install it in the messed up one first then if it works il put it on mine

It was actually a question for Mike :)
Just wondering, if you're offerning this fitting service would you offer some kind of guarantee?

I have my trusty v1.5 from way back then, but if this chip proves to be reliable I will buy a spanking new white PSP and get it modded - fantastic. Johnny 1.5 will find himself promptly on ebay......

Lodis
May 30th, 2006, 22:27
I am in the UK and am definately interested in this but I need to know that it will actually work first.

mech2k
May 30th, 2006, 23:07
I would love this, actually. Give us another post when you start this service and I'll contact you then. ^^

MikeDX
May 30th, 2006, 23:59
Ok to answer a couple of questions.

I'll be starting the chipping service when

a) I've modded my own psp + 2 other from family members. I shall do my own first so that if I screw it up, I've only got myself to blame!
b) There is a good supply of modchips. I'm hoping MMC can do me a bulk deal ;)

If I total your psp when I mod it I will replace/fix it at no cost to you. Obviously if you send me a bricked psp and i cant fix it then I cant give you a brand new psp!

For overseas people, the shipping isnt the issue, its the customs charges that I will have to pay. Typicall a PSP brought into the UK will cost me about £15 in taxes - so unless you want to carry that burden, it isnt cost effective :( Sorry

Thanks for all your support!

If you want to get "on the list" drop me a pm or gmail me to mikedx

bandit
May 31st, 2006, 00:45
Ok to answer a couple of questions.

I'll be starting the chipping service when

a) I've modded my own psp + 2 other from family members. I shall do my own first so that if I screw it up, I've only got myself to blame!
b) There is a good supply of modchips. I'm hoping MMC can do me a bulk deal ;)

If I total your psp when I mod it I will replace/fix it at no cost to you. Obviously if you send me a bricked psp and i cant fix it then I cant give you a brand new psp!

For overseas people, the shipping isnt the issue, its the customs charges that I will have to pay. Typicall a PSP brought into the UK will cost me about £15 in taxes - so unless you want to carry that burden, it isnt cost effective :( Sorry

Thanks for all your support!

If you want to get "on the list" drop me a pm or gmail me to mikedx
Custom charges can somewhat be avoided. You claim the item as $10-15. But this can also backfire if something happens.

Those who live in the US, wait till the chip is officially out. There will be numerous US installers/resellers. I have a surprise up my sleeve. Be sure to check my website once the release of the chip has arrived.

motz
May 31st, 2006, 07:42
does anyone think that sites will start selling psp's with the mod chip already installed in it
I would imagine that people will start selling PSPs with the mod chip installed on ebay.

bandit
May 31st, 2006, 13:44
I would imagine that people will start selling PSPs with the mod chip installed on ebay.
Selling a modchip on eBay or having it installed onto the PSP is against eBay policies. Having the modchip installed with another firmware is another no-no.

kevo175
May 31st, 2006, 14:49
hey, could anyone give a quick rundown of what the mod chip will actually do for simpler people like me? ie allow you to play the likes of outrun on v1.5? allow you to run diffrent firmwares of your choice? info would be much appreciated thanx.

gov400
May 31st, 2006, 15:24
Defo intrested mate. im really scared to place a solder anywhere near my psp. This is a great thing you're doin mate. Ive got a version 2.6 ceramic psp. Would you be able to do a bundle like with a UP Chip and Fitting and Return. If so whats the price in the UK:D

MikeDX
May 31st, 2006, 15:29
Assuming everything goes well, its going to be about £75 in total for chip + fitting + return post. I will know more when I get my first psp chips in and see how long it takes to do them. Hopefully I'll be able to do quite a few. I'm trying to keep the cost down to a minimum as I know if I wanted it done, I'd want it to be cheap! :)

gov400
May 31st, 2006, 15:45
Put me on your list mate. Great price. Hope the chip turns out real

damn667
June 1st, 2006, 02:35
Hi I am from Uk and would love to get my PSP chipped (memories of Xbox frying is bitter still) can you please email me ASAP at [email protected] to discuss the necessary arrangements

V3N0M
June 1st, 2006, 03:35
Just PM him

duckula67
June 1st, 2006, 23:39
Sounds great. Please put me on your list!

gov400
June 2nd, 2006, 15:40
when are we gonna here more. Its been 3 days with just pure speculation. They said they would announce more this week but all they have said are the prices. We need more proof

C.in-fvr3
June 2nd, 2006, 16:59
A release date or direction to release date would be nice :)

MikeDX
June 2nd, 2006, 17:02
Sadly I'm not in control of release dates, prices, schedules or anything like that. All I can do is wait for my supplier to give me some prices and a delivery date.

This is why I am not asking anybody to send their psp or money to me yet!

C.in-fvr3
June 3rd, 2006, 11:19
Sadly I'm not in control of release dates, prices, schedules or anything like that. All I can do is wait for my supplier to give me some prices and a delivery date.

This is why I am not asking anybody to send their psp or money to me yet!

I guess u can get the chips now :P http://www.divineo.de/cgi-bin/div-de/psp-udpl.html

Frank

DirtyDevil
June 4th, 2006, 16:42
there are going to be available in the second half of june here in Romania ;) i reeeeeealy need to know if we can install it ourselfs,i mean if it's not that complicated that you have to be a pro,or need pro tools,any info anyone?

C.in-fvr3
June 10th, 2006, 10:40
So mikedx u know when u are getting this from ur 'supplier' yet?

MikeDX
June 10th, 2006, 23:48
Ive heard that they are going to ship on the 14th june, and some places are charging up to $100 to fit!

C.in-fvr3
June 16th, 2006, 17:02
Any shop yet that ships the modchips?

amadeus
June 21st, 2006, 13:05
Install diagrams
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=7967

you up to the task Mike?

MikeDX
June 21st, 2006, 13:25
That looks like fun. I can't wait to do the first one. I don't think it's going to be hard, but it will certainly take a couple of mods to get up to speed. I've recruited a friend of my who is also very handy with a soldering iron, so when we do our first mods, we will document it all.

I may have to recosider the pricing based on the dreadful prices I've been quoted so far :( but we shall see...

C.in-fvr3
June 24th, 2006, 10:34
Lol i have a psp 1.5 and i'm not interested anymore in the modchip since the latest devhook lets me play all the new games 4 free

FRank

C.in-fvr3
June 27th, 2006, 17:01
Wooot it's out http://www.modchipstore.com/Undiluted-Platinum-PSP-Mod-Chip-Fix-Bricked-PSP-with-full-featur-16328.html

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 17:23

yes they already do they cost like 500 dollars

scottyboynow
June 30th, 2006, 14:34
i seriously want a modchip i will be able so send my psp off and pay 75 claude (monet) on a modchip

asar_19
August 12th, 2006, 17:09
would you install the UP chip if i provide the chip? i already purchased one and need it installed. and how much would it cost considering i'm from the philippines?

uberfry
August 16th, 2006, 03:45
Anyone looking to sell his bricked PSP?
Will buy them at a reasonable price...
PM me

lewbacca
August 16th, 2006, 13:32
i need a new faceplate.. mine got cracked :/
so if you want to give it to me ;)

Andy007
August 23rd, 2006, 22:07
Mike how much would you charge for psp with mod chip if the chips not gone from static i would have done it my self but im not got a fine enough soldering iron

mavsman4457
September 6th, 2006, 00:09
Mike I need to know how much you would charge for mod chip installation including shipping. I live on the east coast of America so that should give you a pretty good idea. I really want a mod chip bad. Thanks.

MikeDX
September 7th, 2006, 10:56
Mike how much would you charge for psp with mod chip if the chips not gone from static i would have done it my self but im not got a fine enough soldering iron

£200

goll
October 18th, 2006, 13:43
Hi Mike, is there any further information about getting these bricked PSP's fitted with Modchips? If so what is the procedure I have to follow in order to get one sorted out?

Cheers

Sonicboy 101
January 18th, 2007, 18:32
Mike, is this modchipping buisness started yet? I really want to downgrade my 2.81 psp. Also, how much will it cost and what do I do?:confused:

scottyboynow
January 31st, 2007, 16:09
You can Downgrade now.

mesosade
February 19th, 2007, 12:14
yup all the way up to 3.xx i think if i remember correctly. wasn't too good for the undiluted modchip ;)