PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Covers.Com Taking Preorders for Undiluted Platinum

wraggster
May 30th, 2006, 23:43
PS2Cover.Com (http://tinyurl.co.uk/ilav) are the first site to offer preorders for the new PSP Modchip (Undiluted Platiunum)which is to be released soon, heres the details from the page:

Our Price: $89.40
Availability: Pre-Order... Ships when Stock Arrives!

Product Description
The world's very first Sony PSP Mod Chip. Undiluted Platinum brings homebrew on the psp to the masses. This PSP mod chip will allow any firmware version of the Sony PSP to play homebrew and unsigned software. Professionally designed and manufactured, the Undiluted Platinum PSP Mod allows even PSP consoles with the latest firmware version to start playing all the great homebrew and unsigned software on the market.

Save $5.00 off the final retail price!

The Undiluted Platinum PSP Mod Chip is on pre-order. The price is to be announced! Your credit card WILL NOT be charged until the item is in stock and ready to ship. Place your pre-order today. Be one of the first to receive the world's first PSP MOD CHIP! Don't delay, pre-order your PSP Mod Chip today!

Product Details
Ultra reliable and feature rich Actel ProASIC Plus FPGA
Full Speed USB 1.1 ASIC onboard
Branded 32MB NAND flash onboard (same flash as used in PSP)
Stable and reliable flashing software freely available for download
Installation verification using flashing software
Ultra compact four layer PCB
High quality Japanese connectors
USB cable included
FPC cable included, reducing installation effort and improving shock resistance
Copper enamel wire included
Open platform development system for software developers
Installation has been optimized to fit entirely inside PSP
All PSP hardware versions/regions supported
User updatable flash
Low power consumption
Flash select via button press
Ultra compact PCB has been designed to avoid signal bounce

Package Contents
U.P. MAIN MODULE x1
U.P. USB BOARD x1
USB CABLE x1
INSTALLATION AIDS 1 SET
COPPER ENAMEL WIRE 1 SPOOL
FPC CABLE x1

For those interested head on over to PS2Cover.Com (http://tinyurl.co.uk/ilav) for more info.

acn010
May 31st, 2006, 00:05
thats good, finally is coming out!
any other discount that can be lowered?
XD lmfao!

Video_freak
May 31st, 2006, 00:17
did anyone notice that PS2Cover.come spelled Platinum "Platiunum"

back on topic, this looks like a really nice mod chip. i can't wait for better and maybe cheaper chips to come out soon (i hope).

El Payo
May 31st, 2006, 00:26
How reliable are these guys as a supplier? Anyone buy from them before?

mog
May 31st, 2006, 00:36
Nobody thinks that this is worth 50 quid?
The other week i was gonna pay 150 quid for a fw 2.7 PSP!
My 1.0 for homebrew/emulators, and the new 2.7 psp for 1.5+ umd games/movies...

News of this modchip came out just in time, I was gonna buy the new psp this week...
Now I have no need to buy a second psp as I can stick fw 2.7 on this mod chip.
So it's already saving me £100 and I won't have to carry two PSPs around! :cool:

did anyone notice that PS2Cover.come spelled Platinum "Platiunum"
lol... and I like how you spelt their website address... :)

Video_freak
May 31st, 2006, 01:31
lol... and I like how you spelt their website address... :)

hehe, my bad lol

btw, the proper word would be spelled, not spelt :D

kimbonious
May 31st, 2006, 02:05
I want Installation Diagram. Before i pre-order i wanna know if i can do it or not.

ritz
May 31st, 2006, 02:43
Yea im with you. How easy is it to install? Do I have to do any soddering or is a plug n play application.

Nasty Nate
May 31st, 2006, 04:11
i think that you will have to solder it

is PS2cover a worldwide shipper, or just to europe or something?, i couldn't find it on the website:confused:

F9zDark
May 31st, 2006, 05:08
hehe, my bad lol

btw, the proper word would be spelled, not spelt :D

Depends. Spelt is used mainly in Britain. Spelled is American English, where as Spelt is the equivalent in British English :-D

Back on topic:

This is a lifesaver, I was getting ready to shell out more money for another PSP, since I want the benefits of the updates as well as the benefits of homebrew.

As well, I am tired of not being able to play multiplayer GTA LCS, since none of my friends have a damn PSP and I have two, 1 of which does not work with the MPH Game Loader (since its 1.0 PSP). This mod chip will give me the best of both worlds.

Considering that the mod chip is coming with a spool of copper wire, my guess is that we need to solder it. Being the do-it-yourselfer that I am, I will take a stab at it, but hope to god that I dont screw up :p

slaphappygamer
May 31st, 2006, 05:50
so i can boot 1.50 or "current.firmware" on the same psp. could i boot a 2.** iso while in firmware 1.50? these are some questions i can come up with.

slaphappygamer
May 31st, 2006, 05:51
also, if im in the "current firmware" can i run umd emulator? ****!, i wanna try this chip.

no f's before the astriks, huh?

aadhu
May 31st, 2006, 07:56
so when exactly is this coming out and yeah wud be cool if we get to see installation diagrams atleast more info on how it works an such.. but guess prolly have to wait till it's out...

PSPCulture
May 31st, 2006, 08:43
Yea im with you. How easy is it to install? Do I have to do any soddering or is a plug n play application.

Not sure you'll have to do any of that....

Personally I'd wait until this product is actually released and available to buy before putting any money down. I'd also wait until somebody with money to burn and a PSP to break to actually fit one and tell us how easy it is to do.

mog
May 31st, 2006, 13:54
Flash select via button press
Slaphappygamer, you're idea about loading 2.xx ISO's on 1.5 will not be any different using the modchip.
All the modchip does is allows you to have 2 flash's in your PSP.
The PSP flash for your current firmware, Modchip flash for a different firmware.
When you turn on your psp, you have the choice of which flash to get the firmware from.
If you hold the Left Trigger (L1) when your psp is turning on, the PSP will load the Modchip flash firmware, instead of your PSP's flash firmware.

You won't be able to load both firmwares or anything wierd like that to let you load 2.xx ISOs on 1.5.
To do that, a custom hybrid firmware that combines both 1.5 & 2.xx into 1.5 would need to be created.
Or maybe modifying 2.xx to allow loading unsigned code and kernel access to load ISOs in 2.xx.

I really hope no-one creates either of those...
If that happened there would be more umd piracy than there is already.
It would be best if we just left it alone. :)

F9zDark
May 31st, 2006, 15:10
Not sure you'll have to do any of that....

Personally I'd wait until this product is actually released and available to buy before putting any money down. I'd also wait until somebody with money to burn and a PSP to break to actually fit one and tell us how easy it is to do.

As I said, the description says that the modchip comes with a spool of copper wire. The only reason they would give you that is because soldering is a must.

ritz
May 31st, 2006, 16:13
So whos going to be the test subject and put there psp at risk?

mr_nick666
May 31st, 2006, 16:41
So whos going to be the test subject and put there psp at risk?

I was thinking that! ;) We need someone to try it, take photos of the process, then give feedback! :D
Im a bit reluctant to jepordise my 1.5 :o

F9zDark
June 1st, 2006, 00:33
I can take photos of the installation, but its something I'd be wary of doing. Since I would be modifying a 300$ piece of equipment, since I would modify my 1.0 PSP, simply because I want to be able to run higher firmware games on it.

The best you all may get from me anyway is a few photos outlining where to do what and a picture of the finished product.

V3N0M
June 1st, 2006, 00:35
Ya i suk at soildering, so i'm going to pay someone to do it. Hopefully the company.

ritz
June 1st, 2006, 03:46
If you got a partener you can video the process and load it on the sight. is th chip already flashed with 1.5 firmware?

mr_nick666
June 1st, 2006, 12:59
I wondered if was pre-flashed too?? :confused:
Although its going to be fairly easy to change the firmware thats already on it judging by the description... :)

bandit
June 1st, 2006, 13:10
More than likely, no firmware will be included as anyone can put their own on there simply with the use of USB. And adding firmware to the modchip and selling it is illegal since it contains Sony copyrights.

ritz
June 2nd, 2006, 17:32
Where would we find the 1.5 firmware to put on there? or is the flash another os alltogether that runs homebrew?

PSP MOD
June 6th, 2006, 17:36
Hi everybody .. :eek:

I just found another site with the Undiluted Platinum modchip at http://www.raysstores.com

The price here was £43.99 inc. Free P+P and Free WorldWide shopping which I believe is better than $83 at PS2covers.com ???

I have ordered 2 of these beauties one for me and my lil bro wooohoooo... :D

be quick as only a hand full are left , there was about 23 in stock since yestaday

well, see ya later aligatorz.

:rolleyes: