View Full Version : cool glitch screenshots

coo
May 31st, 2006, 01:56
i thought we could start up a thread of all the cool/funky/weird glitches here

notice the sideways health pack

i thik the map is q2dm5.bsp

gunntims0103
May 31st, 2006, 02:28
i feel so gay for askin this wat bottons do you press to take screen shots again

coo
May 31st, 2006, 02:39
first make a folder called screenshots in the iris folder
then durring gameplay hold select and press the left triger

gunntims0103
May 31st, 2006, 02:44
first make a folder called screenshots in the iris folder
then durring gameplay hold select and press the left triger

great thanx alot:D

sroon
May 31st, 2006, 02:52
Yah I was wondereing about that flying Health pack!!

gunntims0103
May 31st, 2006, 04:08
do you know how to rotate the cam in iris if you can

kyle2194
May 31st, 2006, 05:29
What? How do you play the game if you dont know how? Move the analog stick left/right. Or hit circle/square.

coo
June 1st, 2006, 00:44
more glitches:
notice the flying bot in the background and there seems to he a hole in the texture i'm standing on
BTW: the skin i am using is robocop and can be found here:
http://www.freewebs.com/eng-psp/index.htm

PSPtwister
June 1st, 2006, 01:03
i think one glitch in the game might be bridges,i have bridges and the bots never walk on them,they're always in the air,im not sure if thats true or not but i think it is

coo
June 1st, 2006, 01:17
yeah, i think the reason they float in the halo map is because they spawn on the top, but stay at that height
i think your right, how the bots cant (or won't) go on anything that cahnges your elevation

PSPtwister
June 1st, 2006, 01:21
ya,it really stinks though,my new map,Jungle Fort Beta,has bridges going down and up and stuff like that,and the bots wont be able to chase you,but i'll see what i can do about the bridges

PSmonkey
June 1st, 2006, 01:22
bots are stupid and dont take things into consideration. They are this way since they need a full rewrite (i cheat and have them detect when they collide with something then go another direct, need to fix them now where they use gravity & actualy navigate the map (not sure how yet)).

The hole is not a texture bug. Its a clipping bug.

PSPtwister
June 1st, 2006, 01:23
Oh,hey psmonkey,long time no post,lol,ok thanks for the bot info....ya,they're sooo stupid lol,on the map im creating now,they were in the air trying to shoot me,and one of them went in front of the other.....and...well,shot eachother,it was really funny

coo
June 1st, 2006, 01:30
yes, it is good to see you again PSmonkey
thanks for posting in my thread!

coo
June 1st, 2006, 01:44
another weird thing:
is it just me or is that rock WAY too pointy?

PSPtwister
June 1st, 2006, 01:47
yah,that was...an accident

coo
June 1st, 2006, 01:48
not really a glitch, but since ther's only one spawn point in new_tech_01.bsp, all the bots spawn togeather and stay in one place

coo
June 1st, 2006, 01:49
sorry coo,i guess my map isn't perfect :(

i don't mean any harm, it's actually kind of funny. Besides, your map is way better than anything i could do

i really don't have alot of time on my hands to make maps

but is still love your maps!

coo
June 1st, 2006, 02:10
nice edit, PSPtwister

PSPtwister
June 1st, 2006, 03:45
thanks,im really good at it arent i?

coo
June 1st, 2006, 20:31
when is jungle fort beta going to be released?

PSPtwister
June 1st, 2006, 21:00
Jungle Fort Beta is very big.I will work on it later but, I probably won't have it finished until tommorow.

ENG
June 2nd, 2006, 14:41
I'm looking forward to the jungle fort :)

PSPtwister
June 2nd, 2006, 14:54
yah,hope you guys like it

ENG
June 2nd, 2006, 15:03
We will like it, it sounds great.

PSPtwister
June 2nd, 2006, 15:44
what do u mean,it sounds great? lol,just the name? And I just created an important part of the map (because its in the air) and it took a bit of time,so i'm gonna take a short break and get back to work on it.Just so you guys know,this is going to be released at the end of the day,so that it can be tested.Thanks :)

ENG
June 2nd, 2006, 16:06
I mean the concept sounds great, lol
Also i've just seen a screenshot of it, it looks great too.

PSPtwister
June 2nd, 2006, 16:10
....where? was it that one sneek peek i let u guys see? if it wasn't just pm me where you saw it.

coo
June 2nd, 2006, 20:34
yeah, i think it was the sneak peak screen shot

why, you you think someone leaked it?

PSPtwister
June 2nd, 2006, 20:39
um....no...lol

coo
June 2nd, 2006, 20:47
anyway, another glitch:
freakish spawn point on strike.bsp

coo
June 2nd, 2006, 20:51
another one from strike.bsp:
(i think it's a clipping issue)

PSPtwister
June 3rd, 2006, 00:17
Bad news guys.Looks like im not gonna finish the map 'till tommorow.Sorry for any displeasure this may have caused you.

coo
June 3rd, 2006, 00:26
that's ok, i'm sure the extra time will make the map better!

PSPtwister
June 3rd, 2006, 00:53
Um,idk,maybe.

coo
June 3rd, 2006, 01:36
come on, work with me here
i'm tring to make your map sound good
i know it will be good!

V3N0M
June 4th, 2006, 01:23
Yep Wall mart sucks lol. To cheap everyones there because of the prizes. And someday microsoft and wall mart will rule the world and rip you off lol. Actualy people are afraid that there getting to powerful lol....Well i'm going to start making a map when i have some time. Hopefully in a few weeks when i'm not busy.

PSPtwister
June 4th, 2006, 16:54
Ya,it will be good,i've already had someone test it,(not the whole thing cause im not done with it yet) and he said it was good.So,you guys are gonna like it.

coo
June 4th, 2006, 20:40
well, i think PSmonkey said he was trying to put vehicle support in the next build. He also said he wanted to make an fps type homebrew game

PSPtwister
June 4th, 2006, 23:00
OK,i have been gone ALL day,and just returned,i got super smash bros. melee,and im trying to resist playing it,i will begin working on my map shortly....p.s. Walmart gives you headaches.

coo
June 5th, 2006, 01:49
lol i hate wall mart too

the emplayees don't know what they are talking about :-)

Briggzy11
June 9th, 2006, 10:46
Yeh I think these sort of bugs and glitches will be fixed for future versions of IRIS. Its good that you have posted these screenshots so PSMonkey and his development team can see where the problems occur.

The healthpack can be fixed easily, its just been set at unusual co-ordinates same as the bots on that halo map, I have the same problem with that too.

Buddy4point0
June 15th, 2006, 02:11
lol yea i kinda like having the bot in the wall lol jk

pennineunited26
July 11th, 2006, 17:09
Yep Wall mart sucks lol. To cheap everyones there because of the prizes. And someday microsoft and wall mart will rule the world and rip you off lol. Actualy people are afraid that there getting to powerful lol....

lol i hate wall mart too

the emplayees don't know what they are talking about :-)

^ this gives me an idea....

what if someone made a walmart map?:eek:

Buddy4point0
July 16th, 2006, 02:36
ill do it ill make a wal mart map (mabey)(when i get around to it)

PSPdemon
August 1st, 2006, 07:30
lol....

Well....i do have one glitch...

it was a wierd camera bug i found....and it was on one of my maps none the less :D

anyway... here is the ss of it

i dont know if anyone else has expierenced this bug.....but its a bug none the less :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Edit: sorry if it looks a little dark....this was in my experimenting days and was seeing whati could do with iris.....and it just so happened that i came across the texture bug that day to....where only certain colors could be achieved while others would be canceled out....

The model is the night crawler model...( skin texture doesnt work ) and the map is my "Cita" or "The Citadel" map :D