PDA

View Full Version : MAME4ALL new version!!!!

kech
May 31st, 2006, 04:07
Hello Everybody! This is my second port

this is the mame4all released originally by sazuke2911 for the psp, but with some improvements, like

- More compatibility
- Now, the "home" key works to get out of the game that is running, and to get out of the emulator
- Is based in the last version make by chui of the mamegp32x 2.3

Thanks to:

Sazuke2911 for their first port
Chui for the port of the emulator to SDL
Franxis for make the port of MAME
and all the people that had help Franxis in the make of the port

If you want to help to improve this project, these are the pages where you can help

http://www.talfi.redtotalonline.net/gp32_franxis/
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/mame4all.html

and for donations throught paypal

franxis
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&[email protected]&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP-DonationsBF&charset=UTF-8

chui
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&[email protected]&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP-DonationsBF&charset=UTF-8

now, what all of you are waiting for: the links

Note: i've added datafiles for the romcenter, for applications like clrmame (the same that come with mamegp32x)

And now, what all of you DON'T want to read: the bugs

- The sound is not working 100% in the majority of the games
- ROMs largest than 10MB (zip) doesn't load (or at least the few i've tryed)
- Not all the games that work in the mamegp32x works in this version

And now (i hope you like this), i'm working in the posibility of load the games throught Wi-Fi! it's working with a ROM, but i need to work more in it so in the future i hope will work perfectly!

(Thanks to TheHard, who help me in translate this... so, if you get a mistake in this, blame him!)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Cap'n 1time
May 31st, 2006, 04:10
Please leave your feedback. Let us know what yo uthink about this new port!

to staff: get this guy a coder tag and upload his work to dcemu. no need for that megashare crap :p

pkmaximum
May 31st, 2006, 04:12
Too tired to try this out at the current time but I will be sure to try it out first thing in the morning when I get up. (Not trying to spam just trying to congragulate for a new version of the MAME4all emulator.) :) Great work!

gunntims0103
May 31st, 2006, 04:14
so hopefully soon this emu will be able to run marvel.vs.capcom????

samthegreat68
May 31st, 2006, 04:17
marvel vs. capcom would be awesome! im pumped!!!

drew4237
May 31st, 2006, 04:28
wat is this an emu of?

TyBO
May 31st, 2006, 04:50
wat is this an emu of?
MAME - Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator

As the title suggests, it emulates a ton of arcade games.

Learn more here:

http://www.mame.net/

ACID
May 31st, 2006, 04:55
HAS eany body tryed this emu i load it and just get a black screen

ACID
May 31st, 2006, 04:59
I used the link to downloaded and it sais eboot is corrupted can that be the reason.

Cho Aniki
May 31st, 2006, 05:00
Fullscreen doesnt appear to work , I guess the scailing options are meant for gp2x screen which is smaller than PSP's so it comes out all weird.

Mercs & Carrier Air Wing worked but none of my neogeo roms that were under 10 meg worked not even Magical Drop 2 which worked with the last mamepsp ver , i even ran them through romcenter (with the included romcenter file from the zip) and it said they were Ok so what gives.

Psphreak
May 31st, 2006, 05:02
marvel vs. capcom would be awesome! im pumped!!!

That would be pretty cool. Although, I'm anxious to see SF2 ce/turbo/ and the variant hacks.

ACID
May 31st, 2006, 05:09
well i give up thanks for the great work you are doing KECH hopefully you can get a tag or something from this guys because the site your using to upload the emu doesnt wotk great job eany ways keep up the good work. I will post in the future eany working roms if i can get a version of the emu that works

ACID
May 31st, 2006, 05:15
:confused:
Fullscreen doesnt appear to work , I guess the scailing options are meant for gp2x screen which is smaller than PSP's so it comes out all weird.

Mercs & Carrier Air Wing worked but none of my neogeo roms that were under 10 meg worked not even Magical Drop 2 which worked with the last mamepsp ver , i even ran them through romcenter (with the included romcenter file from the zip) and it said they were Ok so what gives.
:confused: how did you get it to work

mameuser
May 31st, 2006, 05:20
Sound is better now, compare to previous build

mameuser
May 31st, 2006, 05:22
ghouls and sf2t working good

Kaiser
May 31st, 2006, 05:23
Sweet Work kech!

I'm uploading the files to the original post but only admins can give this guy the Coder privileges he rightfully deserves.

ACID
May 31st, 2006, 05:25
can somebody help me get this to work

mameuser
May 31st, 2006, 05:33
Finally get the Fatal Fury Special but sound is poor

mameuser
May 31st, 2006, 05:42
compare to previous build, this got memory limitation

drew4237
May 31st, 2006, 05:55
o i never really played arcade games but if they r like the old nes games then it could be fun

deardream
May 31st, 2006, 06:22
i can't download :(

rehbock
May 31st, 2006, 06:38
so hopefully soon this emu will be able to run marvel.vs.capcom????

doesnt work atm :/

Psphreak
May 31st, 2006, 06:42
ghouls and sf2t working good

ok, seems ghouls works but, no sf2t :(. Could you pm me how you have the sf2t roms setup ;)

pokothehobo
May 31st, 2006, 06:49
haha i guess im not the only one who wants marvel vs capcom

mameuser
May 31st, 2006, 07:01
CPS1 Strider working

mameuser
May 31st, 2006, 07:11
capcom world 2 working (japan)

BazzaLB
May 31st, 2006, 07:15
Elevator Action just gives black screen

Galaga, Pacman, Defender, Mario Bros... work fine

Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong JR look like they work, but I can't get the main characters to go up ladders/vines.

The screen is cut off on the top and bottom, and the high score for pacman appears in the middle of the screen, but all in all, this is looking very promising so far.

johanh
May 31st, 2006, 07:24
Great work!
Works much better,

RoboCop starts and plays fine.
Indy: Temple of doom works aswell.

The different video options doesnt seem to work other than the"fixed" on. All the others just place the screen at weird places.

Its still impossible to play some games due to not being able to use diagonal on the pad.

The use of the analog stick would REALLY help.

dzdncnfsd
May 31st, 2006, 07:47
Galaga, Pacman, Defender, Mario Bros... work fine

That's all I needed to hear :-)

Eternal-Blue
May 31st, 2006, 07:59
Where i can get an working romcenter.dat? The one from the current mame does not work. Romcenter says that all my roms are ok, but on psp i got at 90% of games an corrupt error.

fghaiejnbaegijaesbgr
May 31st, 2006, 08:13
I think this website is really great for the latest in psp homebrew and all, but i was hoping someone could explain why everytime i have to download something (including mame4all) it stops half way through?
Thankyou

Dweezledap
May 31st, 2006, 08:22
Where i can get an working romcenter.dat? The one from the current mame does not work. Romcenter says that all my roms are ok, but on psp i got at 90% of games an corrupt error.

I believe it uses v0.97.
You can find a RomCenter or ClrMmamePro Datafile at Logiqx (http://www.logiqx.com/Dats/MAMEBeta/MAMEBetaHistory.php).

Edit:
or is it v0.34?
I thinik I was mixing up MAME4ALL with PSPMAME.

aleborri
May 31st, 2006, 08:45
Downloading right now, can't wait to give it a try :D

gelon
May 31st, 2006, 09:19
It dont works on my 2.5 ... the previous version b2, works perfect

:(

knight123
May 31st, 2006, 09:23
I believe it uses v0.97.
You can find a RomCenter or ClrMmamePro Datafile at Logiqx (http://www.logiqx.com/Dats/MAMEBeta/MAMEBetaHistory.php).

Edit:
or is it v0.34?
I thinik I was mixing up MAME4ALL with PSPMAME.

Mame4all is 0.34/0.35 and PSPMAME is 0.97.

crossfadeking
May 31st, 2006, 09:24
this dont work on my 2.6:mad:

last version worked.
this time it comes up with some message.
can this be fixed please

aleborri
May 31st, 2006, 09:44
I've just tested in on 1.5 psp and it works, however I'm getting terrible results, almost no game that worked with the other version of mame4all works now, I can't resize to full screen on any mode, I'll keep on testing but it doesn't look good.

crossfadeking
May 31st, 2006, 09:48
it comes up with some message about cant finding the module!

Malatesta
May 31st, 2006, 10:00
I'm very happy. I only could test it for 10 minutes before to go to the work, but the result of my test is excelent. In compatibiliy , in speed , and the big improvement that now we can exit of game and return to menu. Only the sound is extrange. I had fear that the classic games were forgotten in new release , but I see that in this realease are all, the classics, cps1 , etc...

I tested final fight, ghost and gobblins, popeye (bootleg with screen in fix div mode) and a few more classics...

Congratulations, this is a wonderful emulator, thx a lot for your work.

Voltron
May 31st, 2006, 10:11
I've yet to dabble with MAME. Does MAME emulate OLD arcade titles or fairly new titles also like Tekken and stuff?

Can anyone recommend any good MAME games?

I've always been a console person and never played in the arcades.

evilash
May 31st, 2006, 10:16
Yie Ar Kung-Fu doesn't work, unless someone else got it working, let me know.. cheers

aleborri
May 31st, 2006, 10:30
Well, after a bit more testing, some more thoughts:

The bad:

The emu has to have some memory leak or something since sometimes the roms load fine but others the same roms that worked a moment before stop working.

The resize options don't have much sense, only fixed is usable, the rest either are very small or misplace the image on the screen.

I don't notice much improvement in sound or performance.

The good

The ability to get back to rom menu and exit is great, with the other version testing what worked and not was a pain.

There are many more roms working now, I love seeing Toki on PSP screen :)

So really great work though there's a lot of work to do. I think that it would be better to get other features that improve the emulator itself over features like straming roms through wifi, either better performance, sound and full screen. If the next version has full screen I'll be glad to donate :)

knight123
May 31st, 2006, 10:56
So really great work though there's a lot of work to do. I think that it would be better to get other features that improve the emulator itself over features like straming roms through wifi, either better performance, sound and full screen. If the next version has full screen I'll be glad to donate :)

Totally agree, improvements to the emulator such as full screen, better compatibility and improved sound would be greatly appreciated over stuff such as wireless rom loading.

Overall massive improvement over the last version, many roms now work, really well.
Couldnt get either bubble bobble or bobble or bobble to work, also rainbow island seems weird, half the enemies are missing:confused:
1942 and 1943 both get stuck on the menu.

To the person asking about yie ar kung fu, it works fine for me.

O-bake
May 31st, 2006, 12:50
Wow, very nice.

I tried a few games and surprisingly the NeoGeo and CPS1 games run very fast :)

It is somehow strange that the version runs so much slower than on the GP2X.
I also own a GP2X, but i would prefer playing this great emulator on my PSP.

Thank you :)

toyaky
May 31st, 2006, 12:55
why cannot i run neogeo games?it always says load_failed?anyone who can tell me why?

ACID
May 31st, 2006, 12:59
why cannot i run neogeo games?it always says load_failed?anyone who can tell me why?
you need the neogeo bios to play the neogeo games

ACID
May 31st, 2006, 13:02
By the way great work katch way better then the first release. But i agree with aleborri & knight123 right now its more important the performance aspect of the emu verses wifi and all that normaly that is done when the emulator has great compatibilitie with games. Great job eany ways

toyaky
May 31st, 2006, 13:04
where should i put the neogeo bios?put in the /roms
or any other place?

ACID
May 31st, 2006, 13:23
Yie Ar Kung-Fu doesn't work, unless someone else got it working, let me know.. cheers
TRy using this rom it works {Yie Ar Kung-Fu (set 1) }:D

ACID
May 31st, 2006, 13:24
where should i put the neogeo bios?put in the /roms
or any other place?
I put them in the rom and it worked for me but i cant be sure if thats the right way , but it worked

Zion
May 31st, 2006, 13:25
Great! I love Mame!

toyaky
May 31st, 2006, 13:54
most neogeo roms I "VE tested cannot work.
it says
"unable to allocate ram,
error reading roms
unable to initialize machine emulation."
IDONT"know why.do the roms have problem or I"ve put the neogeo bios in the wrong place?
others happen to get this problem also?

urherenow
May 31st, 2006, 16:00
too many replies here for me to read them all (it's late for me) so excuse me if these points have been addressed already. Since the last post is about neogeo then I would need saying again anyway.

I've said countless times on every other port of MAME that NEOGEO GAMES WILL NEVER WORK! IF someone manages to make ithem run there is no way thiey will run at full speed. The PSP simply doesn't have the resources. Most NEOGEO games that some of you warez kiddies wanna play require a 1.6GHZ PC with 512MB of RAM to run at full speed. With 256MB of ram you may even need a faster machine to play them (at full/nice speed). How much ram does the PSP have? Thought so.
If those games are made to run it won't be MAME anymore. The memory handling core at a minimum would have to be rewritten, causing a need for change in every other aspect... just take my word for it. It won't be MAME.

Just be gratefull for the games it WILL run!

On an even less popular note (I just know I"m gonna get backlash for this, but I love MAME and I support the MAME team fully, so I must), The paypal links MUST be removed. Permission MUST be recieved from Aaron Giles to even use the MAME name in a derivative build. Has this been done? The MAME project was started by 1 man but has grown to a project that has had a few hundred contributors thus far and is ever changing/improving. The MAME team have been working this project for almost a decade now and they have never once asked for donations for thier hard work (the poster of this news forgot to thank them, by the way). They do it because they love the challenge, and they love arcade machines and wish to document and preserve as many systems as possible. They stay (sort of) open source so that anybody can contribute fixes and port it over to whatever system, but strictly prohibit any type of money exchange for MAME in any way. The only thing remotely related to MAME and money would be the dumping project, which isn't a part of MAME but has the nice side affect of furthering MAME's progress in the form of rom dumps (of course) and arcade hardware to study. The buck stops there. There is a license that must be adhered to and it can always be found at mamedev.com.

That being said, I thank the people who worked on this port :D Great job!

I'm not being mean or anything but I'll say this one more time as a FACT. If it's MAME, you're not gonna get new NEOGEO stuff to run unless you know of a way to multiply the PSPs ram by at least 10! If enough tweaks are done to get it working, then it's no longer MAME, but perhaps merely an emulator based on MAMEs documentation.

Psphreak
May 31st, 2006, 16:07
Has anybody gotten Sf2t working? I've tried two romsets but get a hardware initialization error :(

aleborri
May 31st, 2006, 16:37
About the donations and MAME, there are some aspects that I can't agree with. First, Kech has ported the mame4all however he's asking for donations for franxis and chui, and both of them accept donations for their projects, not for himself, you should tell the author of mame4all himself.

My personal opinion? I really love this port, I've been waiting this for years and I think the merit of it is really worth a donation, and I think they are accepting it for their efforts on making MAME available on several platforms the original authors don't care for, and for that I'm really grateful and would gladly pay for.

SmashinGit
May 31st, 2006, 16:59
Tempest works! Please sort the screen size out and i'll be in gaming heaven. :)

johanh
May 31st, 2006, 17:32
Too bad the "R-type" games arent supported in this mame version. They are classic arcade games.

Is Analog stick support on the to do, work in progress list?

pspcross
May 31st, 2006, 17:43
i get the following message.

couldn't find module info before 088E77FC
1progheaders(0):08E69500

blah blah etc

i think this error happens when a version runs on 1.5 but not on 2.01 +

i have seen this with other things

can anyone confirm if this will only run on 1.5
and not above.

i think there was similar problems with beta 2 before.

cheers

zoole
May 31st, 2006, 17:52
great!great!great! I love mame!!

I expect the improvement of the sound.

thanx!!

O-bake
May 31st, 2006, 18:01
@urherenow
Almost every NeoGeo game samller than 10mb runs almost fullspeed right now. i don't know, where you problem is.

yamaneko
May 31st, 2006, 18:38
ghouls n ghosts, ghosts n goblins , knights of the round working ???

knight123
May 31st, 2006, 19:25
ghouls n ghosts, ghosts n goblins , knights of the round working ???

yes

johanh
May 31st, 2006, 22:46
I managed to play a while on Bombjack but ...eh..

Am i the only one that feels that most games are impossible to play without a diagonal?

I love having Mame on the PSP but the control is pretty important to actually get to PLAY the games.

Pumped'Up
May 31st, 2006, 23:29
awesome work guys!!!! this is a dream come true.... :)

V3N0M
June 1st, 2006, 00:24
Can the emu run Metal slug(s)?

N3oGhozt
June 1st, 2006, 01:16
What kind of Neo-Geo roms do you need for this? I know its not the standard roms that contain (p,c,v,m). Are there are some special GP2X special romset compared to standard mame?

My neo-geo roms (even with the bios files within the rom) don't match up with these and they are the roms Ive been using for years.

dublas1980
June 1st, 2006, 01:38
It dont works on my 2.5 ... the previous version b2, works perfect

:(

You got the right broth!. It doesnt work on my too :D

Psphreak
June 1st, 2006, 02:31
ok, none of the sf2's work. I've tried several sets and keep getting a Unable to start video emulation, Load failed.

matt2k
June 1st, 2006, 02:49
hmm. deja vu. Alright, people are saying that sometimes the roms work and sometimes it doesn't. After messing around with this build, it made me think of MAME running on Xbox. You could only run so many games before the ram was fully consumed. The PSP has much less. So really, you could run about 3 different games concecuitively before you start getting messages about not being able to run. Which means you need to exit the program and enter it again. But that again depends on how big the rom is as well. There might be a time where the rom is so big that you won't be able to play another right after it without exiting the program. Anyhoo, I hope this helps out some of ya out there.

If you start to get any messages about not being able to run. Exit the program and enter it again, allowing to clear its ram cache.

I hope someone can implement VMM in future releases.

This is a great start!!

urherenow
June 1st, 2006, 03:56
@urherenow
Almost every NeoGeo game samller than 10mb runs almost fullspeed right now. i don't know, where you problem is.

Exactly right. almost any NEOGEO rom UNDER 10MB! People keep asking about Capcom VS xxx games and KOF2000 and such (you know, the roms that clock in @ 50MB+ when zipped...) even on a high end PC, those roms slow to a crawl if you have less than 512MB of ram available!

for those having problems with rom sets... you need to get a PC version of MAME and get clrmamepro (from clrmame.com) and use clrmamepro to sort your roms for you. just make sure the PC binary you download is the same version that the PSP port is based off of.

killurparents
June 1st, 2006, 03:59
Will someone PLEASE explain to me why I can't get Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Galaga or any of these simple games to work?? (It keeps saying LOAD FAILED). Other games, like the punisher and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs work, without sound. Also, I've used ClrMame to update the roms. But they still don't work. HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLP!!

DocMAX
June 1st, 2006, 17:05
i cant play BUBBLE BOBBLE!!! no fullscreen!!!

parsifal968
June 1st, 2006, 17:31
it's best for the coder to split mame4all in two different version, one for neogeo and one for the rest. Many more roms works with this trick.

ACID
June 1st, 2006, 19:35
Here are some of the games i got to work so far:
1941 (World) , 1941 (japan)
Alien Syndrome
Alpine Ski (set 1)
Amidar (scramble hardware)
Amigo
Ant Eater
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (World 930201)
Capcom World 2 (Japan 920611)
Captain Commando (world)
Carrier Air Wing (world)
Final Fight (world)
Ghouls'n Ghosts (World)
King of Dragons
Knights of the Rounds
Nemo
Strider
UN Squadron
Warriors of Fate
4 Player Bowling
Basketball
Bioattack
Bionic Commando (set 1) & (set 2)

ACID
June 1st, 2006, 19:38
@urherenow
how did you get the neo games to work i thought it was like neogeo cd but it isnt can you or some one help

ACID
June 1st, 2006, 20:27
I tried a couple more so if eany body has eany roms that work please let the others know.Because this is a great emu already in only its secon release.
Tetris (set 1) & (set 2)
Bio Attack
Bionic Commando (set 1) & (set 2)
Blasto
Blockade
Blockout
Blueprint
Blue Shark
Boot hill
Boulderdash / Boulderdash part 2
4 player bowling
Bowl-o-Rama
Brain
Break Thru
Burning Rubber
Basketball
Blackwidow

fafenstein
June 1st, 2006, 21:27
i cant play BUBBLE BOBBLE!!! no fullscreen!!!

Do you arrive to launch it ??? :eek:

I try every roms of this game but don't work.....
So tell us your secret !!!

alleyal202
June 1st, 2006, 21:29
Can Someone Please Tell Me If Mame4all Works On Firmware 2.0 And Above?because It Gets Stuck On The Eloader And Has These Numbers Around It?????????so Please Can Someone Help Me??????????????

DocMAX
June 2nd, 2006, 00:09
Do you arrive to launch it ??? :eek:

I try every roms of this game but don't work.....
So tell us your secret !!!

NOO!!! Bubble Bobble doesnt work. Doesnt even start!

Psphreak
June 2nd, 2006, 01:17
Acidburn05: could you see if you get any sf2 version to work? I ran my roms through clrmame but that's a no go. Mamuser supposidly got sf2t to work, and he won't respond to pms so....

ACID
June 2nd, 2006, 05:10
Acidburn05: could you see if you get any sf2 version to work? I ran my roms through clrmame but that's a no go. Mamuser supposidly got sf2t to work, and he won't respond to pms so....
Im at work now but tomorrow morning i will check all the street fighter games and check witch ones work i have one that worked for mame.97 so im sure i can get some to work just leave me the email;) like at 10 in the am. i have gotten over 100 games to work so far i will leave the list tomorrow to.

fafenstein
June 2nd, 2006, 07:36
Yes i remember that i find one working in previous version of mame4all.

Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (World 920313) - sf2ce.zip - reboot at the beginning of a fight...

so you can launch it but it' s not playable :p sorry....

workin and non workin games :

Marche : working

Final fight (world) - ffight.zip
Golden Axe - goldnaxe.zip
Goulds and ghost - ghouls.zip
Ghost and goblins
Mega twin chiki chiki boys (world)
Shinobi - shinobi.zip
Three wonders - 3wonders.zip
Wonder boy in monster lair - wb3bl.zip
galaga.zip
galaxian.zip
invaders.zip

Marche pas : don' t working

Pacman - some bugs in game
Fantasy zone - fantzone.zip
Fatal Fury 3
pang - pang.zip
Pang3 (euro) - pang3.zip
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (World 920313) - sf2ce.zip - reboot
bublbobl.zip
TOKI !!!!!
wbml.zip
wbmlb.zip
wbmljb.zip
wbmljo.zip
wboy2.zip
wboy2u.zip
wboy.zip
wboy3.zip
wboy3a.zip

I think mame 4 PSP is a too important project.
It need a official website and a communiti for grow !!
Genesis and SNES are almost perfectly emulated but mame still in beta version and dev stop by coders.
If anyone doing mame4all need help for a website or forum tell it, we are a lot how want to see a great mame on PSP and we can help !!

ACID
June 2nd, 2006, 10:26
Hi heres some more games that do work with this version.
280ZZZAP
4 Player Bowling
Ant Eater
Arabian
Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe
Amidar
Bad Dudes
Bank Panic
Basketball
Berzerk
Blasto
Block Out
Blockade
Blue Print
Blue Shark
Boot Hill
Boulderdash
Break Thru
Burger Time
Burning Ruber
Battle Zone
Battle Zone (alternative ver)
Calipso
Captain Silver
Centipide
Challenger
Champion Baseball
Checkman
Checkmate
Cheekey Mouse

ACID
June 2nd, 2006, 10:30
this games work with this version

City Connection
Cloak & Dagger
Clowns
Cop 01
Cosmic Alien
Cosmic Advenger
Cosmic Monster
Crazy Ballon
Congo Bongo
Curve Ball
Darwin 4078
Dead Eye
Depth Charge
Destination Earth
Diamond Run
Dig Dug
Dog Patch
Dominos
Double Dragon
Double Play
Earth Defender Force
Espial
Exciting Soccer
Exerion
Express Raider
Extra Innings
Eyes

aleborri
June 2nd, 2006, 10:32
I agree that MAME is for some unknown reason a project not taken too seriously by the PSP community and I don't know why, since it's without a doubt one of the best emulators ever, and one that properly emulated lets you play thousands of incredible games.

However the current interest for mame4all is my big hope, let's wish that Sazuke2911 and kech (thanks a lot to you both really! :) ) keep working on it. Pls!

ACID
June 2nd, 2006, 10:36
Heres mi last list for today. all off this games also work.

F1 Dream
Food Fight
Frogs
Gradius
Gaunlet 2
Galaga
Galaxian
Golden Axe (world)
Invaders
Jail Break
Juno First
Life Force
Mappy
Motos
Main Event
Milipede
Mega Twin Chiki Chiki Boys (world)
Nemesis
Pacland
Ping Pong
PooyanPeter pack Rat
Salamander
Speed Rumbler
Star Wars
Three Wonders
Tempest
Track & Field
Wonder Boy in Monster Lair
Xybots
Zaxxon

data33
June 2nd, 2006, 13:07
hes the roms ive got workin
bad dudes vs dragonninja
bombjack
burger time
captain commando
captain silver
chelnov - atomic runner
dai-makai-mura
double dragon
elevator action
final fight
ghosts and goblins
ghouls n ghosts
golden axe
green beret
hyper sports
indiana jones temple of doom
iron horse
jackal
jail break
karnov
knights of the round
kung fu master
magic sword
mercs
nemo
punch out
punisher
rastan saga
robocop
rolling thunder
rygar
shinobi
slap fight
solomons key
strider
the real ghostbusters
3 wonders
tiger road
toki
wonder boy

fxiao
June 2nd, 2006, 13:16
ok ok,不错

repuken2
June 2nd, 2006, 19:20
Games i got working so far:
Ninja Gaiden
Robocop
Wild Fang
Cabal
Cabal (bootleg) *use this one, the other doesn't work properly.
Street Fighter 1
Express Raider
Dark Seal
720 degrees
ChampionShip Sprint
Super Sprint
Xybots
Rastan saga (use last mame version roms and pass them thru clrmamePRO to get it work)
Rastan (same as above)
Dragon Ninja
Contra
Contrab
Xaind Sleena
Double Dragon
Double Dragon Bootleg
Double Dragon 2

repuken2
June 2nd, 2006, 19:32
all Taito except Rastan and R.Saga and z80 Capcom games (Black Tiger,1943, GunSmoke) loads but refuses to show graphics past the test screens (Taito) or get into reset loop (Capcom) as soon as push start.

alleyal202
June 2nd, 2006, 19:42
Will SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS WORKS ON 2.0 FIRMWARE OR WHAT??????????????????U GUYS LISTING ALL THE WORKING ROMS BUT NO ONE WILL TELL ME IF IT RUNS ON 2.0 OR ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grit
June 7th, 2006, 15:08
Will SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS WORKS ON 2.0 FIRMWARE OR WHAT??????????????????U GUYS LISTING ALL THE WORKING ROMS BUT NO ONE WILL TELL ME IF IT RUNS ON 2.0 OR ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't waste your time: DOWNGRADE!:p
I did and I'm very happy!:D

ACID
June 7th, 2006, 15:57
Don't waste your time: DOWNGRADE!:p
I did and I'm very happy!:D
I agree if you have a 2.0 you can down grade why would you want the assel its not like you can insert eany umd with 2.0 and just play you have and easier time playing umds with the new dev hook eanyways:D

Baboon
June 7th, 2006, 16:09
Hopefuly 2.6's will one day have the same Mame games lists available as firmwares under 2.01! ...boo hoo, sniff. :(

Franxis
July 19th, 2006, 20:19
Any way to get the source code modifications done in MAME4ALL PSP? I would like to merge them into the MAME4ALL/MAMEGP2X common source code...

franxism 'at' gmail 'dot' com

Regards.

kech
July 19th, 2006, 22:29
Any way to get the source code modifications done in MAME4ALL PSP? I would like to merge them into the MAME4ALL/MAMEGP2X common source code...

franxism 'at' gmail 'dot' com

Regards.

i've sent you the email

Baboon
July 20th, 2006, 08:50
^^

Does this meen we might be getting a new update for this cool emulator?? ...I hope so! :)

I supose the race is on to get the perfect PSP mame emulator running now that NJ has entered the arena.

ACID
July 20th, 2006, 09:29
I dont think its a race Kech told us at the begining he wanted this to run a lot of retro games. & NJ is going to make a strictly CPS 1 emu. Both great coders and we will have the best of both worlds.

donne
August 9th, 2006, 05:21
So... what's the difference between ordinary arcade board and CPS1 ?? MAME can play CPS1 (even NG) but CPS1PSP can not play MAME games ?

Baboon
August 9th, 2006, 08:55
I dont think its a race Kech told us at the begining he wanted this to run a lot of retro games. & NJ is going to make a strictly CPS 1 emu. Both great coders and we will have the best of both worlds.

Ok, fair enough its not a race. lol

I was just hoping there was going to be an update on this cool emu cause there hasn’t been for quite a while.

If Franxis and Keck are talking about “source code modifications done in MAME4ALL PSP? I would like to merge them into the MAME4ALL/MAMEGP2X common source code” then I was being optimistic that there might be an update coming our way?

Fingers crossed this project isn’t dead?

...I need CrudeBuster, Bubble Bobble and TMNT on my hand held! :D

aleborri
August 9th, 2006, 08:58
Holy sh*t!

Franxis welcome ! For anyone who doesn't know, Franxis is the amazing coder that has made mame for gp2x, which is an incredible port ( http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/ ), glad to see you around, I hope you can give us some of your magic coding for the psp :)

And welcome again :D

Baboon
August 9th, 2006, 09:31
Holy sh*t!

Franxis welcome ! For anyone who doesn't know, Franxis is the amazing coder that has made mame for gp2x, which is an incredible port ( http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/ ), glad to see you around, I hope you can give us some of your magic coding for the psp :)

And welcome again :D

Yep, this guy knows his stuff. :)

This would be amazing to have similar compatibility as the gp32. ...fingers crossed. :D

SmashinGit
August 9th, 2006, 10:43
I cross my fingers. Goodluck Franxis.

andrewwan1980
October 9th, 2007, 17:26
Kech, are you the main programmer of MAME4ALL-PSP? And do you have a website/homepage for MAME4ALL-PSP?

Am using the latest version 0.0.3. The only games I could get MAME4ALL-PSP to recognise was:
Tetris (Cocktail set 1 & 2)
Tetris (set 1 & 2)
Tetris (bootleg)
Super Bubble Bobble

Am trying other simple games like Simpsons, Super Street Fighter2 but it won't recognise it. I tried unzipping then zipping it up again using Windows Explorer built-in zip functionality. Still doesn't work. :(

PS: not to confuse you, but TTYman is developing PSP-MAME4ALL (http://ttyman.free.fr/). Maybe you guys could help each other?

Baboon
October 9th, 2007, 17:34
Kech, are you the main programmer of MAME4ALL-PSP? And do you have a website/homepage for MAME4ALL-PSP?

Am using the latest version 0.0.3. The only games I could get MAME4ALL-PSP to recognise was:
Tetris (Cocktail set 1 & 2)
Tetris (set 1 & 2)
Tetris (bootleg)
Super Bubble Bobble

Am trying other simple games like Simpsons, Super Street Fighter2 but it won't recognise it. I tried unzipping then zipping it up again using Windows Explorer built-in zip functionality. Still doesn't work. :(

PS: not to confuse you, but TTYman is developing PSP-MAME4ALL (http://ttyman.free.fr/). Maybe you guys could help each other?

Kech has already posted on TTYmans site on the r2 build. :thumbup:

andrewwan1980
October 10th, 2007, 15:36
I have lots of ROMs that work perfectly with MAME (www.mame.net) but when I try them out in MAME4ALL (windows) only 5 are recognise. Do we use clrmame to convert to MAME4ALL ? How?

MrRalphMan
November 7th, 2007, 03:33
Hi,

Thanks for a great program, been playing Choplifter a lot.. Now that's taking me back to my Childhood.. :).

To the person who asked about Elevator Action, the version that works is the Bootleg one for me. The Normal version gives me the same blank screen.

Now a couple of questions of my own.

1) - Is there anyway of accessing the DIP switches (ie the configuration of the arcade machine) as there is in the full blown Mame?

2) - Is there anyway of seeing which ROM is it failing on when it fails?

3) - Anyone got APB working yet? I've tried a couple of ROMS (APB1 & ABP2), I even copied all the APB roms into the ROM folder.

PS - 4) - The NeoGeo rom, does it have to be in the Games Rom Zip file or can it be in it's own zip as per the full blown Mame?
Cheers,

Paul

thesaminal
December 21st, 2007, 22:09
this sucks all i get is a black screen DO NOT DOWNLOAD

andrewwan1980
December 27th, 2007, 10:00
this sucks all i get is a black screen DO NOT DOWNLOAD

Is your PSP hacked to run homebrew? If so, did you copy the files to a folder in GAME150 folder?

DhunterX
January 6th, 2008, 18:50
im a noob but i have been working on my psp for the last 24 hrs. I wanted to say wow... this is not easy. But i have 371.m33-4 with the 1.50kenral ver2. I also have Mame4allpsp ver 0.0.3. I have followed many guides on loading the roms... when i do i get error message "unable to allocate rom", I also tried to check romsets which i dont know anything about. So i have tried to see if there was any other ways i have tried pretty much every thing.

my questions:

is this an update for mame4allpsp 0.0.3ver?

How can i get these roms to work?

does have to do with my cfw 3.71m33-4?

Can i find a guide on mamegpx on to how i can install if need be?

Thanks in advance

Baboon
January 6th, 2008, 19:38
im a noob but i have been working on my psp for the last 24 hrs. I wanted to say wow... this is not easy. But i have 371.m33-4 with the 1.50kenral ver2. I also have Mame4allpsp ver 0.0.3. I have followed many guides on loading the roms... when i do i get error message "unable to allocate rom", I also tried to check romsets which i dont know anything about. So i have tried to see if there was any other ways i have tried pretty much every thing.

my questions:

is this an update for mame4allpsp 0.0.3ver?

How can i get these roms to work?

does have to do with my cfw 3.71m33-4?

Can i find a guide on mamegpx on to how i can install if need be?

Thanks in advance

Newest (and greatest :))mame psp build - plus information and files needed to convert roms etc (all within the PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r2 zip) here: http://ttyman.free.fr/

DhunterX
January 8th, 2008, 01:36
Thanks alot , for the info. I hate to being annoying, but will this work with my cfw 3.71m33-4?

Baboon
January 8th, 2008, 08:55
Thanks alot , for the info. I hate to being annoying, but will this work with my cfw 3.71m33-4?

Yep

DhunterX
January 8th, 2008, 21:20
is there a vid or guide to using CLRMAMEPRO? i have looked all over and all i get is techno jargon... I read one part of a guide where you have to do something with the DATFILE. i have no clue .. wanna get the roms working on mame4all v4.9r... i only have 2 roms, and try to get some neogeo and old school games to work, but nothing. My other question is do i have to also recreate the neogeo bios for the those neogeo roms to work? any help or guideance would be awsome.