PDA

View Full Version : Modchip

angeljoe92
May 31st, 2006, 05:13
Does anyone here knows how much money will cost the modchip that will allow homebrew in any version???????

slaphappygamer
May 31st, 2006, 05:53
Does anyone here knows how much money will cost the modchip that will allow homebrew in any version???????

im wondering the same thing, brother.

TEAL DRAGON128
May 31st, 2006, 05:57
Are you talking about undiluted Platnium?
if not then what chip are you talking about?

btw the platnium chip is around $90 (75 euros)

crowba
May 31st, 2006, 06:53
there will be cheaper clones soon after !

jman420
May 31st, 2006, 09:25
I beleave that the mod chip itself is just a bypass for the flash of the accual unit, I beleave that its just a flashable NAND chip with a swich built in somewhere to allow the user to select 2.7 f/w or 1.5 (possably even 1.0) who knows though, the intire thing seems a bit vauge...

who knows what it will accualy cost (another one of those vauge things) nobody seems to know...

nigelrigel
May 31st, 2006, 13:42
twould be kool to have it running- its an alternative to downgrading, im sure some people would be willing to pay a heck of alot

Zion
May 31st, 2006, 13:47
porbably about $90 or £60

sajberT
June 10th, 2006, 01:18
What's bothering me though is if it'll be able to run sony's new firmwire-versions. Otherwise it'll get outdated again sooner or later, also - it might be a pain to install.. I ain't exactly the greatest solderer around ^^

EDIT: Not to mention the warranty void, which when taking the risk of installing it into account = not good, risk + warranty void = bad ^^

The alternative is letting some shady gamingstore do it for you = costly, for 90 bucks plus maybe 40 for installing it.. you could easily get like 3-4 games =/ (without voiding the warranty)

Wally
June 10th, 2006, 02:23
Well theoretically installing a modchip is legal, using a modchip is legal (In australia mind you :) )

I dont see why other people other than devs should get one. It gives Devs the chance to attempt to hack the later firmwares and then releasing an exploit.

Also gives them the chance to try out custom firmwares as well hence giving us all more freedom

Accordion
June 10th, 2006, 15:13
well firstly 1.00 is legally out of the question as each 1.00 is signed to the psp it was put on, 1.0 was never an update

though the distribution of sony files is sort of illegal*, the modchip might allow for the whole of the 2.71 files to be copied to memory stick, because the psp has decryted the update and installed them, then these files could be swapped with the files that you use from 2.50 in the devhook program, which would allow full 2.71 emulation on 1.5...i hope.

i personally would hope the modchip could stop any use of ISOs somehow, and self destruct if you do
haha you scummy pirates

IndianCheese
June 10th, 2006, 19:50
Alright, heres the deal.

It is $90
It provides a second flash memory for the PSP
It has a USB port on it to flash firmwares to it (you have to open the PSP up)
If you hold L while booting up it will boot to the PSP main flash; if you don't it will boot to the Undiluted Platinum