PDA

View Full Version : Murder after teen loses videogame

wraggster
October 27th, 2009, 21:20
A teenager hacked an elderly widow to death after losing a football match on his computer.

Deranged James Callaghan, 18, from Hull, flew into a rage, armed himself with an axe and long-bladed knife and embarked on a murderous orgy of violence, Hull crown court was told.

After terrorising several local people, he smashed his way into the home of widow Irene Roberton, 65, striking her six times on the head, twice in the stomach and six times in the back with the axe.

Yesterday Callaghan was sent to a mental hospital indefinitely after admitting manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Outside court, Detective Supt Dena Fleming said: "I believe there could have been multiple casualties that evening. It was a Godsend that police arrived so quickly."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/10/27/death-after-teen-loses-video-game-115875-21776305/

Shrygue
October 27th, 2009, 21:37
That's a big fail - all because of losing on FIFA 2008. I think this prick should be cut to pieces for what he did.

ojdon
October 27th, 2009, 21:46
I read this in the paper today while waiting for a haircut. You really have to question how someone can get like this.

royvedas
October 27th, 2009, 21:57
Arrrh crap - now we will get to listen to the "Video games make people violent" crap again...

juiceface
October 27th, 2009, 22:06
"Yesterday Callaghan was sent to a mental hospital indefinitely after admitting manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility."

What a stupid decision by the police. Sounds like 2nd degree murder to me. Now they are going to baby this person on grounds that he is insane? What crock of shite. He will get 5 years max and be out scott free by the time he's in his early 20's. This person needs 30 years without possible parole based on the police statement of "I believe there could have been multiple casualties that evening. It was a Godsend that police arrived so quickly." Instead this piece of crap will rejoin society in no time.

Eviltaco64
October 27th, 2009, 23:41
FIFA '08 - Fly into a fit of rage and kill defenseless old women! Developed and published by EA.

Viral Decadent
October 27th, 2009, 23:53
*Sigh* Jack Thompson anyone?

PoorKingz
October 28th, 2009, 00:20
I always take these stories with a grain of salt. Whenever someone plays a videogame and kills someone after, the media assumes that the videogame was the trigger. No, it couldn't have been the mental illness or years of abuse. It must have been the videogame.

NeoXCS
October 28th, 2009, 00:50
Do you know how violent Fifa is! They need to ban it ASAP! It causes children to run around slicing people to bits. Seriously though, why does him losing have anything to do with it, that has to be just made up bull. I figure if anything he'd smash his tv and system to shreds before anything that insane.

mib_
October 28th, 2009, 09:47
I wouldn't have a problem if they banned all sports games. :p

acn010
October 28th, 2009, 15:04
^DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for saying that^ lol

anyways, that guy is crazy, should be sentenced for life i say ;3

symbal
October 28th, 2009, 18:13
No you can't ban all sports games, then you'd have to go outside to play football.. all that clean air and exercise, hrmph.. just makes me shiver to think of it.

newb_fo_life
October 28th, 2009, 21:13
……………………………………..________……………………
………………………………,.-‘”……………….``~.,………………
………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,…………
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,……..
…………………,?………………………………………………\,…..
………………./…………………………………………………..,}….
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}….
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/…..
…………..?…..…………………………………..:`………../…..
…………./.(…..“~-,…………………………,:`………./……..
………../(….”~,……..“~,………………..,:`……../………..
……….{..$;……”=,…….“-,…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}………..
………..((…..*~…….”=-.……“;,,./`…./”…………../…………
…,,,.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../………….
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”……………
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\……………….
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,………..
,,……….}.>-.\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,….
…..`=~-,_\……`\,……………………………\……………………
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\…………………..
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………....
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>—==``…….
………………………………….\……….._,-%…….`\……………
……………………………..,<`..|,-&``…………….`\…………..