PDA

View Full Version : Griffin RoadDock straps Sony PSP to car seat

wraggster
May 31st, 2006, 15:48
News from The Register (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/05/30/griffin_roaddock_for_psp/)

Want to give your kids and other car passengers that airline TV-in-the-back-of-the-seat experience on long journeys? Thanks to Griffin Technology, you'll soon be able to do just that. The company will next month ship RoadDock, a rig for attaching a Sony PlayStation Portable to the back of a car seat.

The $39 accessory provides a 2in-wide elasticated band to strap the dock to the seat. Fitted to the strap is a docking unit for the PSP that allows the handheld console to be rotated through 360° and tilted for the best view.

Alas, the unit doesn't appear to include a power connector - though you probably don't want wires strewn about the cabin - so you're still reliant on the PSP's battery to keep the wee ones distracted through the journey.

The RoadDock is set to ship next month, but Griffin is already taking orders at its website. (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/roaddockpsp/?www.reghardware.co.uk)

Screenshot Via Comments

Video_freak
May 31st, 2006, 16:25
$39 for a piece of "elastic band." i think people can make home made ones for a lot cheaper :)

mr_nick666
May 31st, 2006, 16:30
$39 for a piece of "elastic band." i think people can make home made ones for a lot cheaper :)

Hear hear! Do they think we're stupid!? :confused:

* (Thanks for the grammar check Stealth! - Please dont read any more of my posts just in case! - LOL!) ;)

StealthCP
May 31st, 2006, 16:44
It's hear, hear!!

And how are you supposed to play it? Watch movies, fine, but what a complete waste of product space. An internal fan cooler would have been a much better idea.

StealthCP
May 31st, 2006, 16:45
Before you ask, I did not say a fan was a good idea. I just said it was better.:D

Apoklepz
May 31st, 2006, 16:55
My friend already made this for his kid to watch Spongebob Squarepants episodes on the way to school. I remember going to Home Depot with him that day, & he didn't fork out more than $10 total for the materials he used to make this thing. He even has a tutorial up on a blog somewhere with pictures on how to make it...I'll ask him for the link and post it here later on.

This is a product for people who don't mind spending money on things they're too lazy to make on their own ;).

luis_05
May 31st, 2006, 17:14
I agree with eveyone on this post!!!!

Kramer
May 31st, 2006, 17:42
you would need some pretty good tinted windows for this its almost impossible to play games on the bus because of the glare.

vettacossx
May 31st, 2006, 18:26
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/images/adminicons/psp.gif Griffin RoadDock straps Sony PSP to car seat

Can i just say....while lmao

" So does VELCROW TAPE!! "

MUDD
May 31st, 2006, 20:23
i just went on a trip from indiana to florida and back in 3 days and this would have been cool to have ,i like it and would buy one if i still used the old psp, they tsill make them ?

i just found it funny as hell that every comment was,i could make one no problem ,thats funny,
so i dare just one of you to make one and post the results ,maybe start a diy site that takes all the best crap for psp and diy it ,thats not a bad idea

bandit
May 31st, 2006, 20:50
tisk tisk tisk wraggster..the pricing is wrong. Its not $39. Its $29.99

Video_freak
June 1st, 2006, 00:31
$30 is still way to much for this simplistic product :rolleyes:

kcc86
June 1st, 2006, 00:42
It's not that simple. You can rotate it 360 degrees, perfect for watching movies at a retarded angle.

bandit
June 1st, 2006, 13:09
It's not that simple. You can rotate it 360 degrees, perfect for watching movies at a retarded angle.
Ummm actually the rotation is for you to adjust the PSP. Not all headrest has the big open area on it. Some headrests are attached to the seat itself thus making one thing. So rotating the strap and sliding it over the seat, you'll be able to rotate the PSP and watch it normal.

mr_nick666
June 1st, 2006, 18:53
How about a helmet with a PSP stapped inside?? :confused:
Zero glare and portable too! :D
Thats worth $30 of anyones money....? :rolleyes: