PDA

View Full Version : PSPace Alpha Test

Valk
May 31st, 2006, 17:04
This is an alpha of a project that I have been toying around with for a few months. It doesn't have much functionality but I would like some feedback as far as to continue work on it. It's the beginnings of a clone of Subspace, a game that has been around for more than 10 years for the pc. Either way, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Fireware: 1.5

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
May 31st, 2006, 18:26
cool :) ill update your rank while im here

PsyOps
May 31st, 2006, 22:44
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

If you can somehow work a way to port ss into the PSP that would be awesome.
I tried to get some ppl from the ss community to help make or figure a way to port the game. But no one wanted too. anyhow Good Job. I am very interested and am very familiar with ss. If you need any help lemme know, Im not a coder but i am familiar with ss stuff. (maps, settings, n stuff)
oh and i dabble in gfx, so if you need help lemme know.
Dunno in which direction you wanna go, but it would be cool to have ss on multiple platforms.(mainly pc and psp both)
You can find me in sscx Alpha West.

ps: i do have friends who code, would it be possible for me to have source?
(i read up on your project and i now know the answer is no, i still want to help if you need it)

Victor Von Doom
June 1st, 2006, 00:24
:eek: awsome game I would love to see it ported to psp. I still remember the trench dogfights for the ol A1 corner of the beta map.

deanspeed
June 1st, 2006, 02:50
sweet!!! cant wait till this is finnished :D. is this a port or a clone? and will there be network support? i would love to see SS ported to.

Valk
June 1st, 2006, 16:57
I had started writing it in lua player, but came to the conclusion that lua player was going to be too slow. The amount of overlapping images that was going to have to be used hampered lua players speed. Unfortunately, I had gotten much further in development with it.

I'm not against open source, but if you ever want to be able to connect to any of the pre-existing servers, then the answer is an obvious no. I'm not saying that the project will get that far, but I would definitely like to see it make it to some multiplayer level.

PsyOps
June 14th, 2006, 15:06
http://rshl.org/bak/client.php

maybe that would help, not sure.

PsyOps
January 19th, 2007, 04:16
Did you give up?

If so may we have the lua game source and/or the PSPace source?

If you havent given up it would be nice to see your updates.