PDA

View Full Version : OpenTTD development version with keyboard support available

turulo
May 31st, 2006, 19:04
New development version has been released, you can download it here, this is a preview of what RC5 should be, so please, report new bugs.

ChangeLog for this release:

* Key shorcut added for network chat (select + right)
* Code updated to v0.4.7, compatible with latest version network servers
* Added keyboard support using PSP OSK

To write text, cursor must be over a textbox and then press select + Left, it wont work if there is no active textbox/inputbox.

Currently keyboard support will only work on singleplayer, you can use it on multiplayer, but you will be disconnected from the game, it will be fixed on RC5. Code has been also updated to 0.4.7 to keep compatiblity with latest version pc players

There is no source code for development versions, as it takes some time to me cleaning the code, anyway you can ask me for it, and i will send it to you, if you are interested on contributing.

Remember that this game requires some data files from the original TTDX version, if you cannot find your old games cds, you burned them or used them as frisbee for your dog, this url may help you: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=3407

(Look for ttd-graphics.rar or any windows version containing data files.)

Download via Comments, dont forget to visit http://openttd.teamjak.net/ to keep updated.

http://openttd.teamjak.net/screenshots/openttd-station.png

lale05
May 31st, 2006, 19:20
Is there 2.6 savegame support?

under_0ath777
May 31st, 2006, 19:23
theres complete eLoader support

lale05
May 31st, 2006, 19:31
What that means? Will I be able to save/load games with my 2.6FW PSP?

Raydar
May 31st, 2006, 20:00
This is great! I love the Chris Sawyer "Tycoon" games.

Please please please please please please please please please tell us if there is any chance of a Rollercoaster Tycoon version!

*Edit: This doesn't work. I have installed it correctly with all of the TTD files (the GFR files etc.) but when you select a scenario it just says "Cannon load strm1.gfr" or something like that and crashes.

Nasty Nate
May 31st, 2006, 20:33
ive already asked for the roller coastertycoon and he said no
unless you can get the source code legally

turulo
May 31st, 2006, 23:15
This is great! I love the Chris Sawyer "Tycoon" games.

Please please please please please please please please please tell us if there is any chance of a Rollercoaster Tycoon version!

*Edit: This doesn't work. I have installed it correctly with all of the TTD files (the GFR files etc.) but when you select a scenario it just says "Cannon load strm1.gfr" or something like that and crashes.

Please report acurate errors, otherwise i cannot help. Include your firmware version, game release/build...

There isnt any file called strm1.grf, but sounds like data files arent installed properly, take a look to the installation instructions:
http://openttd.teamjak.net/faq.php#install

About roller coaster tycoon, just let me know if Chris Sawyer releases the game source, otherwise there is no way to port it. OpenTTD is an open source clone, it was developed from scratch by the openttd devel team, and only uses the original sprites.

For firmware compatibility take a look to the faq:
http://openttd.teamjak.net/faq.php#12

2.6 save/load doesnt work, or at least nobody reported it as working, and i cannot test it, as i dont own a 2.6 psp.

gsyph0
June 5th, 2006, 15:55
The instructions say to save load on 2.0, need GTA loader. Bummer man. It's kinda useless with out. still cool looking though.

Also, it looks like multiplayer will not work through a WEP encrypted connection. I selected a connection that works when browsing, but: "NOT CONNECTED!"

could be just me

gsyph0
June 7th, 2006, 04:06
scenario creator works, but can't be saved and played...Slick grafics! nice work

lale05
June 8th, 2006, 12:32
turulo, can you fix 2.6 save/load problem, PLEASE?

I love this game, but I need to start a new game everytime i start playing. It's so bad. I can't even play the scenarios...

bungalow340
September 24th, 2006, 16:56
I think that someone should release a roller coaster tycoon port...:cool:
any one agree?:confused:

Video_freak
September 24th, 2006, 16:59
I'd want that too! :)

what_tha_deuce---
October 2nd, 2006, 11:44
can sum1 help me i cant play rar files on psp do i need a loader email me or just post a comment [email protected]

what_tha_deuce---
October 4th, 2006, 01:55
it doesnt work on my psp ive got fw 1.50 help!

Porky
October 4th, 2006, 19:50
Save/load on version 2.60 please

F9zDark
October 4th, 2006, 20:52
it doesnt work on my psp ive got fw 1.50 help!

Did you get the needed files from your PC version of TTD? They are needed to make it work.

dark heart
October 26th, 2006, 08:39
fully sick! i can't wait for roller coaster tycoon, i hope it's gonna come soon, i need something to do while i wait for my memory stick then i'll be able to play half-life!