PDA

View Full Version : Today's 360 Dashboard update

beetroot bertie
October 28th, 2009, 20:02
For some reason I'm not allowed to create a thread in the 360 discussion forum, so it'll have to go here for now. Could admin please move this for me?

My query is to do with this new update. I've just downloaded the latest mandatory dash update which took a couple of mins. The 360 has restarted and it says it's applying the update but it seems to be downloading something else, something big I'm guessing as it's estimating 60 mins remaining. It's been saying that for at least 10 mins now and sometimes goes up and down by 1-10 mins difference. It went down to 53 mins and has now gone back to 60 again.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Should it be downloading a second file after the restart?

The router LED is flashing so some data is being received but it seems an awfully large file judging by the estimated time, or it's coming over very slowly :(

Darksaviour69
October 28th, 2009, 21:25
took less than 30 secs for me.,...

beetroot bertie
October 29th, 2009, 10:27
Maybe it was just a slow connection thing for me then? I put TV for a bit and just left it ticking over in the end. Some parts of my Dash were slow to load after so I'm assuming it was just slow traffic or maybe traffic shaping by the ISP.

Baboon
October 29th, 2009, 13:46
It shouldn' take more than a few mins.

I've not been on since yesterday so haven't tried this update though (it was only the other day that I mangaged to blag it on to the preview update with facebook and lastfm etc).

Off topic but have any of you tried the skyplayer yet?

beetroot bertie
October 29th, 2009, 14:33
I haven't, no but I don't have sky anyway and my net connection isn't the fastest either so I tend to stay away from streaming/downloading video stuff on my 360 :(