PDA

View Full Version : Atpsp 2.0

wraggster
June 1st, 2006, 01:21
realn0whereman posted this news/release:

ok this will most likely be the last release. This is an app (coded by yoursam1 and i did everything else) that will help return your psp if it is stolen and the thief access' the memory stick via usb, this app will send you an email with his IP . this file is only about 3 kb so it should not concern people about space. just have this on your stick just in case.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via realn0whereman (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=52654)

Searching4me123
June 1st, 2006, 02:31
actually i think this i pretty useful there should be sometin the the flash memory of the psp then when u turn it on it'll automatically go like enter password and the person who stole it whould go like "motha f****a" lol

Mr. Shizzy
June 1st, 2006, 03:48
Thanks!!! Great app. Now if anybody ever stole my beloved PSP, it will find it's way home. You should add a feature so it somehow locked the PSP down and made it unplayable untill the correct password was entered.

Video_freak
June 1st, 2006, 04:25
it would be cool if it "bricked you psp" (or at least make the theif think that it did), but you could restore it using a button sequence code (like up,up, right, x,trinagle,[ ])

that might make the theif want to totally trash you psp then...:(

shiftybill
June 1st, 2006, 06:27
hehe yeah they turn it on . .

PSP: Enter Password:
Thief: Ah crap
PSP: Smash

F9zDark
June 1st, 2006, 15:23
A real thief wouldn't smash a 250 dollar piece of equipment, which can be easily fenced for some good money.

Chances are, any real thief, would try and find a way to hack into it.

I wish Sony implemented a password feature simply as a means to protect the PSP from unwanted users, but if Sony had done this at launch, it would have been cracked by now (probably) and anyone stealing PSPs would be able to just search out the way to crack it and do so.

While this program is awesome, I am afraid there is little that can be done after your PSP is stolen, unless you know the person who did it. If your PSP was stolen in NYC or LA, you can bet damn well that you are never getting it back, and trying to get it back may cost you big time.

acn010
June 2nd, 2006, 02:05
lol, now apple are trying to make a new version for security on stolen or lost ipods putting the name of the owner(already had it) address of the owner, serial .etc etc.........
and police of new york are also putting permanent invisible ink on ipods and other devices putting a serial number to identify the owner it cannot be erased (i could go home and get alcohol or nail polisher and a black light to erase it, he he)
well theres gonna be more stricked security in new york, if somebody founds it or a police stops the ipod user, it will be identified and return to the owner. if its not registered you can actually register your ipod or other electronic device for free in new york.
i already did with my psp and my mp3 player (which i use it constantly everyday) so im kinda safe for now
>> << >>
meow..............

mr_nick666
June 2nd, 2006, 09:26
it would be cool if it "bricked you psp" (or at least make the theif think that it did), but you could restore it using a button sequence code (like up,up, right, x,trinagle,[ ])

that might make the theif want to totally trash you psp then...:(

HA HA! I know your sequence now! :) Your PSP will NEVER be safe ;) Lol!
Codes would be a good way to go...