PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter Freedom Req 2.6 Firmware

sirbrianx
June 1st, 2006, 06:00
I think some of you might be wondering about the firmware requirements for mhf. Well, i took the risk and got the game knowing it might require 2.7 and if it did, i would update. cuhz wen i heard about monster hunter for psp, i got a psp right away, so i would do nething to play it. =p

but newayz it requires 2.6 firmware. so im happy.
hope i helped those who were wondering.

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 06:14
thanks for the news sirbrianx ;) im sure this will help sell the game to more homebrew gamers seems 2.6 can run homebrew as well im going to add this RPG to my collection ...;)

DessyDago
June 1st, 2006, 08:02
playable on 1.5, confirmed by myself, only in iso form (I do have the original) umd kept messing up on me but possible for some others to get it working.

mr_nick666
June 1st, 2006, 09:28
playable on 1.5, confirmed by myself, only in iso form (I do have the original) umd kept messing up on me but possible for some others to get it working.

Thanks for the info - got a 1.5 myself :)

danknugz
June 1st, 2006, 12:31
dude, not to flame, but seriously, phonetic english sucks. it just dumbs us all down, and it makes it harder to take you seriously. you're basically typing the same ammount of text, but using words like "cuhz" instead of because is just lazy. i know im being a bitch, and i might have mistyped a few here myself, but im not doing it on purpose.sorry, im sure if i had not been up for the last 24 hours, i would not have done this. it just had to be said. man, im tired.

SSaxdude
June 1st, 2006, 12:41
Way more isos are playable on 1.5 than UMDs. I know its piracy and all, but if you own the game there is nothing wrong with that.

GSA1508
June 1st, 2006, 13:07
playable on 1.5, confirmed by myself, only in iso form (I do have the original) umd kept messing up on me but possible for some others to get it working..

Ialso have 1.5 firmware. What did you used to get this game to run the UMD???? (yes, I am a newbie)

regards

urherenow
June 1st, 2006, 15:35
visit ps2nfo. that's the best place to get that kind of info and it really hasn't been welcome here so that's all I'll say...

other than there is also a .ppf patch to get that game fully working (I think with no probs but I haven't bothered as I own a 1.5 AND a 2.6 :P)

slayer2psp
June 1st, 2006, 15:42
you guys like this game? so many people wanted it so i tried it out dont see whats so great about it kinda borning looks good though.and by the way only a handful of games dont work on 1.5
outrun,neopets,fight night,mlb2k6,splintercell and fifa worldcup

PsychoSync
June 1st, 2006, 17:05
I know its probably not going to happen but, the best thing that could happen is that someone makes an app for 1.5 PSPs that can run UMDs of games that run well in ISO. And then delete (almost) all ISO loaders and ban them on most sites.

RedKing14CA
June 1st, 2006, 18:45
I know its probably not going to happen but, the best thing that could happen is that someone makes an app for 1.5 PSPs that can run UMDs of games that run well in ISO. And then delete (almost) all ISO loaders and ban them on most sites.

maybe they could call it "Run UMD"

wow, that would be AMAZING :eek:

shadow77
June 1st, 2006, 19:27

umd emulator creates a virtual drive on your ms (similar to Dameon tools), once you have loaded the iso the program would read it from disc0 still but load it because of the virtual drive.

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 23:22
WTF is a NUB? lmao arent you a genious first off its " NEWB" second i remember when YOU WHERE A NEWB 2 .....so lets not get to rude .....so he didnt know ....help him out i dont care how frustrated you are or how FIRMEWARE BIOS you are if your just trying to be an ASS do it somewhere else WHAT GOOD IS 600 some RUDE post.....a real pro would have more respect than that....i get over 40 mails a day helping so called " NEWBS' there prob someone here ive helped ;) so please .....think about how you make yourself LOOK....i like you red and I KNOW your a smart guy ive been here leaning all along with you.....so untill you can at least SPELL THE WORD....lets not dubb anyone....anything ;) and be nice for christ sakes ....newb...lmao

Cooe14
June 1st, 2006, 23:56
Can anyone tell me if this UMD runs well with any of the UMD loaders? (i'm on 1.5.)

DessyDago
June 2nd, 2006, 00:02
Can anyone tell me if this UMD runs well with any of the UMD loaders? (i'm on 1.5.)

as for now, no.

Voltron
June 2nd, 2006, 00:25

If your on 1.50 firmware, back your UMD up to ISO & then DAX it. Both the USA version AND the EUROPE version of the game work fine on 1.50.

Full game is only like 611MB.

This is a very cool game for the PSP. Its such a large-scale game with vast landscapes and really great visuals that it really stands out as a PSP game. Not a perfect game by any means but definitely a worthy addition to any PSP library.

DessyDago
June 2nd, 2006, 01:22
If your on 1.50 firmware, back your UMD up to ISO & then DAX it. Both the USA version AND the EUROPE version of the game work fine on 1.50.

Full game is only like 611MB.

This is a very cool game for the PSP. Its such a large-scale game with vast landscapes and really great visuals that it really stands out as a PSP game. Not a perfect game by any means but definitely a worthy addition to any PSP library.

I agree great game, but lets leave the iso talk (even talking about dax) out of these forums.

magick12
June 13th, 2006, 06:37
can yu help me get the game running on my psp.
i have firmware 1.5 where can i have the game?

thanks in advance ;)