PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 2.71 Update Released

motz
June 1st, 2006, 07:09
Now here's something very interesting. Firmware 2.71 has been officially released on Sonys websites!

You can check out the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0vDKQknBYU. (via PSP3D forums)

You can download it here (http://du01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/us/2006_0601_d6f3d5dc926c00a8a633361005018813/EBOOT.PBP) from Sony.

Unfortunately my own server is down at the moment so you'll have to download it from the original location.

FEATURES:

--Game demos can now be downloaded from the internet and saved to the Memory Stick duo

--Video output can now be displayed correctly when external tuner is selected in Location Freeplayer.

Enjoy!
Edit: This update is available via network update.

lale05
June 1st, 2006, 07:23
Hm, I can't download it says "invalid session set".

The video looks real, but... How many such videos were shown and all of them are fakes.

motz
June 1st, 2006, 07:25
Hm, I can't download it says "invalid session set".

The video looks real, but... How many such videos were shown and all of them are fakes.

It works fine for me, are you using a proxy?

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 07:26
this is alittle bit of a " fishy sounding " update to me....considering the mod chip was just released?? it seems more than a lil curious to old vetta.... ;)

motz
June 1st, 2006, 07:32
Lets hope theres no security patches in this update.

EvilDooinz
June 1st, 2006, 07:34
downloaded and launchs i get to the PSP System Software Version 2.71 screen but i wont update so i dont know if it works fully

EvilDooinz
June 1st, 2006, 07:39
Ah it came via network update. No website update yet. I guess thats why some one posted it on filefront.

motz
June 1st, 2006, 07:40
Ah it came via network update. No website update yet. I guess thats why some one posted it on filefront.
Thanks for that. :)

EvilDooinz
June 1st, 2006, 08:21
Official link (http://du01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/us/2006_0601_d6f3d5dc926c00a8a633361005018813/EBOOT.PBP)

motz
June 1st, 2006, 08:28
Official link (http://du01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/us/2006_0601_d6f3d5dc926c00a8a633361005018813/EBOOT.PBP)
Thanks, link updated. :)

Forever~Zero
June 1st, 2006, 08:45
this is alittle bit of a " fishy sounding " update to me....considering the mod chip was just released?? it seems more than a lil curious to old vetta.... ;)

Indeed fishy. Hope it doesnt make the Modchip useless. I wanna get one.

Stewie2280
June 1st, 2006, 09:09
is there more game demos now?

NiGame
June 1st, 2006, 09:25
If this really is 2.71 then its a leeked version that allows you to lint with the PS3

rbervoets
June 1st, 2006, 09:38
whats the site to download game demos

rbervoets
June 1st, 2006, 10:20

dark zarkon
June 1st, 2006, 10:31
is it possible?
it works? someone have tested it?

tophead420
June 1st, 2006, 11:03
yea man im with you on this one it do sound fishy but it dont matter to me if people want to download it go ahead but dont get mad if it skrews up your psp but me im not upgrading my psp till i have a mod chip or a 1.5 psp or both of those for that matter lol

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 11:04
Us at NG-GAMING.com will be testing this frirmware today, thank you for bringing it to our attention, as we want to test for security patches. If and only if this works i will post back today if i do not post back take it as a fail. Thanks once again,

NG-GAMING.com

mog
June 1st, 2006, 11:54
Aaah, that video was scary! :eek:
It looked like he was actually going to run it! :D

I doubt sony released this just to give people some extra goods...
It's more likely they had been keeping these things back to release with a new security patch...
But then again 2.7 seems pretty secure at the moment, doing something like that would only cause people to go out and look for what they covered up.

So maybe this is just a handout with no security patches?
Either way I wont be doing a 1.00 to 2.71 update... :p

SSaxdude
June 1st, 2006, 12:39
It seems real, but as always, a complete waste to update.

Nige
June 1st, 2006, 12:42
I doubt sony released this just to give people some extra goods...
Yeah, why would they? Oh hold on, apart from the web browser in 2.00. Or the RSS feeds. Or WMA support. Or LocationFree support.

Either way I wont be doing a 1.00 to 2.71 update... :p
Games: everybody's golf [1.0], ridge racer [1.0], spider-man 2 [1.0],
lumines [1.5 (devhook)], THUG2 [1.5 (sxt)] (All UK)
Your amazingly out-of-date games list reflects this wonderfully. :D

mog
June 1st, 2006, 13:03
Just in case anyone cares, there are a couple of big changes in this update eboot.
param.sfo in the eboot has been changed for the first time since the 2.00 update to include two more TITLE parameters.
I'm not sure what languages they are though, they look pretty simillar.

The install program filesize has increased by an entire meg in this update.
Between 1.5 and 2.7 the size only went up 650kb.
Between 2.7 and 2.71 it went up over a meg...

I wonder why they needed to change the installer program that much for this update? :confused:

Yeah, why would they? Oh hold on, apart from the web browser in 2.00. Or the RSS feeds. Or WMA support. Or LocationFree support.True, they didnt do any security patches or block homebrew in any of those updates... they just gave us free stuff! :rolleyes:

lol.. and don't diss my lame collection of games! :mad:
Once the modchip is out I will be buying loads more umd games, but I'm not really missing much till ff7cc is out. :)

dieboybun
June 1st, 2006, 13:42
Just in case anyone cares, there are a couple of big changes in this update eboot.
param.sfo in the eboot has been changed for the first time since the 2.00 update to include two more TITLE parameters.
I'm not sure what languages they are though, they look pretty simillar.

maybe they are simplified chinese and traditional chinese, since they are added in the 2.7 update

mog
June 1st, 2006, 13:57
maybe they are simplified chinese and traditional chinese, since they are added in the 2.7 update
I think you're right. That was the first thing I thought it was too.
But I've tried copying and pasting into microsoft word using chinese encoding and font, but it doesn't change to chinese text.
I got the korean and japanese strings to output correctly, so I thought that would work. :confused:

V3N0M
June 1st, 2006, 14:30
Very intreasting...I seriously dobt this was made by sony. What if it is a custom eboot. Able to run homebrew withall the new features in 2.7. Like 1.5 fused with 2.7=2.71. Someone needs to try it and see whats going on. Because making custom eboots is illegal to distrubute someone might have just leaked it out and its got your attention now.

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 14:51
This FW is real but as it seems sony are being complete arsehole and blocking MAXBOT (gta exploit) and also they have blocked FANJITA (eloader).We took our file from the "Network update" then we have uploaded it, just to piss sony off :mad: We will have an article and where to download it with an hour on our site.

WE STATE ONCE AGAIN DO NOT UPDATE TO 2.71 AS IT HAS GOT PATCHES ONCE AGAIN !

Decius
June 1st, 2006, 14:54
No it was made by Sony, its on their "your PSP" site.
http://yourpsp.co.uk/psp/psp.html#id=system_software_overview&section=support_basics_detail&locale=en_gb

digihoe
June 1st, 2006, 15:06
SONY is lying to us...

http://yourpsp.co.uk/psp/psp.html#locale=en_gb&section=support_basics_detail&id=system_software_latest_2_71

Here it clearly state "This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions."

And we all know this is not true. All I say is JP 1.0, unencrypted ELF's...

Best regards!

mog
June 1st, 2006, 15:08
This FW is real but as it seems sony are being complete arsehole and blocking MAXBOT (gta exploit) and also they have blocked FANJITA (eloader).
ng, didn't 2.70 do that? :confused:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4981/3085/1600/update271titles.gif

yep chinese, but I don't know which one is simplified and which is traditional...

motz
June 1st, 2006, 15:11
This FW is real but as it seems sony are being complete arsehole and blocking MAXBOT (gta exploit) and also they have blocked FANJITA (eloader).We took our file from the "Network update" then we have uploaded it, just to piss sony off :mad: We will have an article and where to download it with an hour on our site.

WE STATE ONCE AGAIN DO NOT UPDATE TO 2.71 AS IT HAS GOT PATCHES ONCE AGAIN !

Wow, I think your a bit mixed up. These have been blocked since firmware 2.70, not firmware 2.71.

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 15:14
sorry i was abit pissed i meant to say ; "yet again theyve blocked....."
sorry

Also its on our site review and all:

Clicky (http://www.ng-gaming.com/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=10)

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 15:27
for all you people who say its leaked and crap u r totally wrong i downloaded of yourpsp.com perfect I Reckon Sony Planned This realese date and brung it out on impact. i ran it perfect and it no different to my 2.70 but the only reason i got it is i wanted to get the game demos any1 no were to get them:) :)

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 15:30
Wow, I think your a bit mixed up. These have been blocked since firmware 2.70, not firmware 2.71.
So I Can Use Homebrew On My 2.71 now:confused:

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 15:30
Click above where it says "Clicky" were onto it:)

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 15:38
I think that some hacker will be able to get aroung the 2.70/2.71 soon because a new exploit will be around and i think that if the size is bigger it might have more code so that might be a hack point (its just a idea i dot have a clue about hacking but that might work)

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 15:44
Me and many other people are just upgrading because the modchip is coming out yay! But youll need to preorder one cos theres gonna be a rush to get them!

Tron_Fan
June 1st, 2006, 16:01
Just curious.... did they disable the "file:/" option in the browser? I see them doing that at some point to discourage offline playing of Flash games.

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 16:10
i am not going 2 get a mod chip they are a waste of money i reckon sony are just doing this so that hackers concentrate on 2.71 exploits and not 2.70 they say that you can download game demos well with what proof i only got it for that coz i ent got a clue about freeplayer im not really bothered about that but were are those demos:confused:

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 16:30
So how are people liking ng-gaming.com (thats not suposed to be an advert) and did you get your firmware from us?

Anyway i am going to get some hackers interested in some stuff on the 2.71 (not yet to be revieled) and i dunno if the file:// works :rolleyes: ill look into that aswell:) :cool:

EDIT: They wont do that they wouldnt dare that would make sales drop even further than they are now :p

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 16:39
looks like no demos at the mo ill keep searchin

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 16:43
There was one supposedly for a game called "mercury" but never found it :(

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 16:49
Go to psp.talkspot.com and you can post new news there about 2.71 and demos (register 1st) Still No Demos

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 17:07
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/locoroco/dl/trial_dl3_pc_a.html the link 2 loco roco havent tried it yet. just tried and it works

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 17:14
good game but foreign

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 17:20
yea i play it all the time fairly fun:D

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 17:26
good game i think ill get some more Demos

gsmumbo
June 1st, 2006, 17:29
has anyone thought yet... if this update allows you to download official psp game demos, then it would stand to reason that there is some way one of our talented hackers can find a way to get the homebrew eboots to be recognized as an official psp demo? untill now the only eboots that ran were updates, now theres a whole new patch of eboots that can run. maby we can get our homebrews to be recognized as one...

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 17:39
has anyone thought yet... if this update allows you to download official psp game demos, then it would stand to reason that there is some way one of our talented hackers can find a way to get the homebrew eboots to be recognized as an official psp demo? untill now the only eboots that ran were updates, now theres a whole new patch of eboots that can run. maby we can get our homebrews to be recognized as one...

very good idea (ng-gaming.com take a look)

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 17:55

Tried and tryed again we try but after it has been edited something happens in the codes. Which the FW detects and says " Corrupted!" i hate that word:mad:

NG-GAMING.com
June 1st, 2006, 17:56
good game i think ill get some more Demos
From where?!?!?!?!?!?!?

scottyboynow
June 1st, 2006, 18:08
From where?!?!?!?!?!?!?
i sed ill get some more demos 4 my psp i have been searchin looks like no use i bet in a weeks time there is gonna be a few more (hopefully:confused: ).
by the way my brother wants a go on the pc so i gotta budge off ill be on dcemu through psp.

Emeriastone
June 1st, 2006, 22:01
Um... don't do it

wait for the modchip...

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 23:02
EDIT: They wont do that they wouldnt dare that would make sales drop even further than they are now :p

first i think both DCemu psp news and qjnet are WAY WAY better than your site ......REASON i think you ASSUME to much ......and have half the amout of psp coverage :( and your weaseling at DCemu for members with your NON SHALANT ADVERTISMENT HERE AT THE BEST AND MOST RELIABLE SITE ON THE ENTIRE FREEKIN NET so....whats that say .....your no different that the a-holes that come hear and post OUR news AFTER US like you would have even new without DCemu so go ahead and act a fool defend your stupid assuming @ss but please dont ask what WE think of YOUR site because WE are obviously DCemu members for a reason....i dont have to leave this site ALL DAY to find all the news you could ever post.....and more...a gr8 community of awsome people so no- offense but aww

please .....advertise somewhere else and if your site is so good stay there...or be happy to be a MEMBER one or the other...

" get the fk out of here if you plan on being another site like the ones that post OUR PSMONKEYS NEWS WITHOUT PERMISSION for example ...what respect we have theese days ....AND THEN LIE WITH ASSUMPTIONS LIKE THAT OTHER SITE DID....... I FOR 1 AM SICK OF THAT!! as a member of DCemu ..
and im not ASSUMING I DID GO TO YOUR SITE :(

second as far as the modchip....i would not rely on it being all that RELIABLE eather....lmao..if youve bought them for other systems you know but USUALLY the first mod-chip- for a console has problems..MAYBE it wont who knows ( id hate to assume ;) ) but better safe ....less features than future ones...and MORE THAN THAT! no system has ever been UPDATED in the way the psp is...ever before....we KNOW sony does not want us to have a moded psp or they wouldnt make patches...so its pretty safe to assume that sony will TRY to find a way to ACCESS the MODCHIPS FLASH to alter it ....SO UNTILL YOU HAVE CONFIRMATION OF THIS WORKING ON 2.71 DO NOT BE DUMB AND WASTE YOUR MONEY....YOUR FRIENDLY DCEMU TECH SUPPORT FOR 2.01 + guy and PROUD MEMBER of dcemu psp news .. VettaCossX ;)

Video_freak
June 2nd, 2006, 00:20
vettacossx, its like you knew exactly what i was thinking and put it into better words. after reading your post i was like "Amen."

ps NG-GAMING.com, we don't mind you being a proud member of the best emu network on the web, but you can't just start advestising your crap on someone elses forums.

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 00:27
LOL yep. But i'm gonna wait until they update it to have the PS2 emu then mod chip it after its confermed that it work and finaly have the best of everything.