PDA

View Full Version : Physics Rebel Aims To Shake Up the VideoGame World

wraggster
October 29th, 2009, 15:31
Physicist Shahriar Afshar is famous as the designer of the 'Afshar Experiment,' a study first described in 2004 that called into question Neils Bohr's observation that it's impossible to observe light's wave-like properties and its particle-like properties at the same time. Not surprisingly, the idea met with widespread resistance in the physics community. While he waits for the controversy to settle down, Afshar himself is taking a detour into the video game world. He's now the president and CTO of Immerz, a Cambridge, MA-based startup building an 'acousto-haptic' interface that drapes over a gamer's shoulders and turns video game sound into (literally) chest-pounding vibrations. Xconomy was allowed to test the device, and has the full story behind Afshar's unusual journey and the company's hopes for enhancing PC and console gamers' experience of action/adventure/first-person-shooter titles

http://games.slashdot.org/story/09/10/29/0225250/Physics-Rebel-Aims-To-Shake-Up-the-Video-Game-World

John Vattic
October 30th, 2009, 12:12
This is based on the same elf/em technology that the military, police, and intelligence agencies use to torture "suspected" terrorists. Note it is also used as over-the-horizon radar, ground wave communications (gwen), microwave pulse weaps, and other cool electromagnetic weaponry.

Very interesting technology developed by scared scientists forced by sadistic military contractors now finds it's way into a nice mind control device for gamer self-behavior-programming. Too bad the user will die from cancer after a few serious uses.

Bad science tends to be the trend.

Welcome to the new world order my little slaves :D

I think i'll have a few more beers now.:cool: