i have my next version of boxyII uploaded

here are some screenshots:

http://home.casema.nl/jdhollander/download/screenshot1.png
http://home.casema.nl/jdhollander/download/screenshot2.png
http://home.casema.nl/jdhollander/download/screenshot3.png
http://home.casema.nl/jdhollander/download/screenshot4.png

release notes:

version 0.2 second release

These are the items I added and the bugfixes.

thanks for all the feedback guys it was alot of help :D

version 0.1 works on FW2.0 w/eLoader.97, and eMenu--01. (tnx yamabigdog and frmariam (EMU forum))

------------
added
------------

- New game mode (Random game, runs the game with random backgrounds)
- Special blocks (Blocks that eliminate all connecting blocks.)
- special effects for killing blocks
- themes expansion (images for the special blocks, images for fx killing blocks)
- screenshot maker :) (use the triangle button ingame to take it, it is saved as ss.png so only one screen shot at the time can be taken. Note this only works when ss.png already exist in the root of your psp otherwise the psp will probebly crash)
- different speeds per level.
- 1 new skin (pink world, for the ladies :D)

------------
Fixes
------------

- typo Choas -> Chaos :) (tnx leon3142)
- reordering of blocks that are marked but shouldn't be. (tnx Psyberjock for noticing)
- special block overflow
- The second bugfix also fixed the problem of marked for deletion block and just marked block above eachothercrashing the game (tnx frmariam for the feedback and the nice photo's)

------------
Still to come
------------

- Chaos game mode (still busy with it, a few specials are in place)
- Trigame game mode (not sure if it will be implemented)
- Mp3 playback (I will not include any copyright protected music so you'll have to add the yourselved probebly :S )
- Game over screen makeover :)
- Highscores for each game mode
- Animated backgrounds (don't know sure yet)
- strange bugs posted on the EMU forum haven't fixed them yet, still working on them. (when you press left at the same high as the blocks left or rigth.)

--------------
What i need :)
--------------

- Who wants to make some skins? please contact me at [email protected]
- Offcourse testing :) and reporting bugs, thanks those who did
- please mail me or give feedback through the ps2dev forums and please do so in english or dutch
- one of my png's is damaged in my psp, i can't seem to delete the file for somereason it removes it but it appears again without doing anything. any ideas?

Note that i already have had much feedback so expect a version 0.3 soon with alot of bugfixes :S sorry for that, already seen alot of spelling errors :S (maybe it is time for me to go back to school...)

greets Ghoti

mr_nick666
June 1st, 2006, 18:48
Great update! :) Its the only game my girlfriend will play too :D (girls and videogames rock!) :o

luis_05
June 1st, 2006, 18:59
freakin sweet1! works on fw 2.01!!! this is a cool game, if only i could see colors good!! :-( (color blind) lol nontheless keep up the good work. One more thing u can add is an option to quit the game ur currently playing cuz right now u have to wait until the game is over.

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 19:34
my original post:

the download didnt even pop up for me ???!!!

sorry it was NOT THE DOWNLOAD it worked fine it was a glitch in my ( server) MATRIX....lol this is a gr8 game and it looks soooooo smooth too . ;) awsome addition to the hb scene thanx;)

PoorWhiteTrash
June 1st, 2006, 19:57
Everytime I try to download from this site, it gets halfway done and then stalls. I have to end up going over to QJ to download.

Ghoti
June 1st, 2006, 20:16
Hi,

I will make the ingame menu in version 0.4, first i will release version 0.3 (reason: not sure how i want to implement it yet.)

thanks for the feedback.

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 20:32
maybe you could eventually add a BIGGER arena or a mirror arena for shts and giggles even a MIRROR mode would kik ass and differint sized stages just some food for thought ;)

Ghoti
June 1st, 2006, 20:38
hi

the drunkenmode was is allready being programmed for the chaos mode.

other features for that mode (not all done yet so i won't implement it untill it is done.)

- bombs (to destroy whole lines or big squares
- anti-gravity (blocks won't fall if blocks below it are deleted
- drunkenmode (left = right and right = left)
- grow blocks everytime there is a new block created these blocks grow and attach another block to it only if there is free space

so if there are any other modes you guys can think of that could make it nice please don't hesitate to submit them :)

greets ghoti

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 20:55
you could make a THEME mode so when your on the FUTURE WORLD you play in water ( when block hits water it slows the block down to make for a long level or ....while in FIRE STORM magma, slowly seeping from the bottom randomly splashing up a few pop magma bubles....when the 4 peaces of the poped magma bubble hit any blocks it melts those blocks out of play... on the moon level the gravity idea is just plain perfect ;) already .....so each level would have a THEME of gameplay ;) and for the records BOMBS IS A GR8 IDEA DUDE!!

Ghoti
June 1st, 2006, 21:00

the theme thing is a great concept, i'll look into it of how i can implement it :) (problem is that when some people make there own skills then there isn't something that can do the code for that theme, well i don't know how it should be done :( ) maybe i can just do the theme thing with the "official themes")

look forward what kind of theme you could think of, of my new themes i made for version 0.3 :)

ghoti

pokothehobo
June 1st, 2006, 21:27
is there sound? when i play there is no sound... other than that this is an awesome game.

Ghoti
June 1st, 2006, 21:42
no at the moment there is no sound, i have some difficulties with the implementation of mp3 playback but it will be in it eventually

Mariopop87
June 1st, 2006, 22:10
Looks awsome.

I'll have to play this.

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 22:27
sounds gr8 ghoti ;) cant wait for.o3 !!!

BTW THIS DOES WORK WITH THE ELOADER BOCK AND 2.6 fw as i used it on my 2.6 today ;) although i DO NOT AND WILL NEVER USE THAT WORTHLESS EMENU JUNK...i do have a COSTOMIZED eloader menu i made with super saiyen 3 guku... ;)

frmariam
June 1st, 2006, 22:38
You really made a new menu for eLoader (the basics of the source of the first EBOOT Loader menu were at PSPU forum) or a bg for Calum's menu?

I find eMenu a lot faster and I do like the extra stuff that was added.

Anyway great ideas about the themes :D

Ghoti
June 1st, 2006, 22:43
Hi again,

nice that it works on 2.6fw

i was thinking, when i add mp3 it will probebly not work anymore on the 2+ fw because my code uses kernel stuff if i am correct (code addapted from the yelarb tutorials)
so keep that in mind, if someone knows if that is the case or not please let me know.

frmariam
June 1st, 2006, 22:53
Check again the thread at PS2Dev ;) I think I found something that may help.

Ghoti
June 1st, 2006, 23:08
thanks the last thing i already saw and have still not corrected that (it is a strange bug) the first i have corrected (well in most of the time it now only does it on very rare occasions.)

frmariam
June 1st, 2006, 23:15
Great :)

Just hope GeMP source can help you on the mp3 player.

Voltron
June 1st, 2006, 23:47
This looks very nice. Keep up the good work!

Psyberjock
June 2nd, 2006, 10:00
As far as your stuck png file goes, scandisk your memory card. That will fix it.

Can't wait for the mp3 functionality. That's what I want the most!

The ingame menu will sure be nice too, but if I accidentally press a wrong button I can always kill a game quickly with a straight stack.

Ghoti
June 2nd, 2006, 11:56
Hi folks,

the next release will be a bit later, alot of bugfixes and hopefully mp3 playback so be patient and i hope i can get all bugs out i have some strange ones :(

Forsak3n
June 4th, 2006, 03:24
Ghoti, I was wondering if I am allowed to edit the .PNG's for my own personal use... such as not releasing them to the public. I wasn't to pleased with your menu. So I've created one for my self to replace it.
I was hoping to make my own theme also.

Forsak3n
June 4th, 2006, 03:30
Ghoti, I was wondering if I am allowed to edit the .PNG's for my own personal use... such as not releasing them to the public. I wasn't to pleased with your menu. So I've created one for my self to replace it.
I was hoping to make my own theme also.

Ghoti
June 4th, 2006, 10:03
Hi,

I will overdo it in such a way that you canjust play with the random game and the classic game the normal lumines without any extra's (other then mp3 playback)

then i have some other gamemodes that are overdone (Well just different gameplay)

so the people that just want to play a little bit lumines can do so and some people who want to play other gamemodes as well can do so either.

Ghoti
June 4th, 2006, 21:14
Hi folks,

some teasers for the next release (with mp3 support :D)

http://home.casema.nl/jdhollander/download/screenshot5.png
http://home.casema.nl/jdhollander/download/screenshot6.png

Ghoti
June 4th, 2006, 22:39
Yes i know, that will be also repaired the next release it is a really annoying bug (also to debug...)

MaxSMoke
June 5th, 2006, 00:05
I'm getting an "80020130" error when I try to start this. Has anyone tried to run this game on FW 1.5?

Update:

I removed the spaces and "_" from the directory name (so it's just Boxy2 and Boxy%1), and now the game will load. I guess NOBODY here tried this one FW 1.5? Am I the only person still using FW 1.5?

Has everybody else given up on near %50 of the Homebrew games out there?

Ghoti
June 5th, 2006, 00:55
I develop it on a 1.5 psp, de spaces and _ is the renaming of the dir structure so that you don't see the corrupted data, are you sure you have 1.5? i mean it just works fine with mine