PDA

View Full Version : Court awards $16.5m in 'Hold Your Wee for a Wii' radio stunt death

wraggster
October 30th, 2009, 17:51
It's been a while since we've heard anything about the tragic case of Jennifer Strange, the mother who died from water intoxication during an attempt to win a Wii in KDND-FM's "Hold your Wee for a Wii" radio contest. Yesterday, a California jury finally ruled on the wrongful death suit filed by the victim's family back in 2007. Entercom Sacramento LLC, subsidiary of Philadelphia-based Entercom Communications Corp., must pay Strange's family $16.5 million after being found liable for the actions of its employees at KDND-FM.

Money certainly can't replace a loved one -- most especially not a mother. We offer our condolences to the family of Jennifer Strange and ask that you remain respectful in your comments below. Hopefully, the money will go a long way in benefiting the three children and other family members she left behind.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/30/court-awards-16-5m-in-hold-your-wee-for-a-wii-radio-stunt-dea/

Capn Makeveli
October 31st, 2009, 00:11
I agree that nothing can replace a mother. I can imagine the pain that the family is going through. After having my father pass, it is very hard to get through something like that. I hope that the children know how much their mother loved them. I am sure she will be truly missed.