PDA

View Full Version : PSPsms 0.2a1

wraggster
June 1st, 2006, 22:59
Floppydrive posted this news/release:

OK basically this is a VERY early version, but hey at least its out right? Made by Floppydisk and therealnapster84 we present PSPsms. Built on the work of youresam (netlib.lua) and using the wonderful Danzeff keyboard. The program is in lua and will be updated frequently.If you like this program you can donate to us at
http://www.strelzsoft.com/donations.html

What is does:
Sends an SMS to any cellphone of your choice.

How to use:
It uses the danzeff keyboard for lua, press O to select the line you want to edit, press X to edit the line (make sure you delete the text that is already
there, to delete the text there, just go to edit, move to begining of the text and hit delete on danzeff keybaord) Press select to get out of danzeff keyboard *it goes fast so make sure you tap it quickly.Press Square to send the message..

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via floppydrive (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=52764)

whitey75
June 1st, 2006, 23:24
Interesting idea....Does this just send sms over a short range using wifi, Or can u use it on any mobile phone anywhere in the workd? How does it work?

Cheers

Video_freak
June 1st, 2006, 23:43
i too am wondering how this works. looks like a really good idea though :)

ukcuf16
June 1st, 2006, 23:44
^ yea thats wat im thinkin is it long range?

mog
June 2nd, 2006, 01:42
It doesn't work in the UK because our mobile phone numbers are longer than yours...
I hope the only reason it doesn't work here is just an input validation thing...
This would be pretty usefull if it works. :)

end3rbr0
June 2nd, 2006, 01:53
how do I install on 1.5, does it require lua player or something? do I have to kxploit it ?

acn010
June 2nd, 2006, 02:09
interesting thing,
thanks though
:)

pokothehobo
June 2nd, 2006, 02:55
but can u reciever messages?

skatepopwar182
June 2nd, 2006, 03:36
when can we make phone calls on psp.... lol

smoky
June 2nd, 2006, 06:04
ok im not too big on the lua stuff.. but is there a certain way im supposed to run this thing?.. or do i just put it and run it like every other homebrew?.. sorry if this seems a " easy " question or stupid question but ive never really had to ask until now.....

shiftybill
June 2nd, 2006, 07:03
put it in the applications foler inside luaplayer
then run it from luaplayer

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 2nd, 2006, 09:56
No fair :( why cant someone do a similar ap for us in the UK to use ???.

mog
June 2nd, 2006, 15:29
No fair :( why cant someone do a similar ap for us in the UK to use ???.
It's extremely easy to create a program like this, it uses a pre-made netlib lua function.
The function is specifically made for sending text message to mobiles from a psp.

If it's just an input validation thing, ie: this program checks that the phone number is long enough (US length) before sending a message, then it will be easy to fix.
If on the other hand it's the way the netlib function was created it will be harder.
If it's neither of those problems, and this capability only works in the US, then... :(

Hopefully, as I said earlier, it might only be an input validation issue. :rolleyes:

d3v1l
June 2nd, 2006, 16:25
but what does it pay the msgz with ..with ur own phone number? how can u send a msg without payin for it?