PDA

View Full Version : When is Monkey 3.0 coming out??

GAYdar
June 1st, 2006, 23:03
Does anyone in here know when Monkey version 3.0 is coming out?

Shilo
June 1st, 2006, 23:17
No one knows. Not even PSmonkey himself. It might be awhile, because PSmonkey is taking a break from M64 to work on Iris and his new fighting game.

DPyro
June 1st, 2006, 23:29
:)

sroon
June 2nd, 2006, 01:43
I think sniper knows something again.... like when befor v 2.0 came out!!
So uhh Sniper....whats up eh?

Gizmo356
June 2nd, 2006, 02:01
yeah wat r u hiding sniper well im sure its a new release..............is it.......tell me i must know

PSPtwister
June 2nd, 2006, 02:12
Maybe he's just playing with us,like a kitty with a yarn ball,ouch.We're the yarn.

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 02:18
LOL man i want to be a tester. Know whats up. Its alright waiting for something makes it that much better when you get it. But uh...Sniper can you give us some clues???

LOL i thought he was laughing at the gay guy.

DPyro
June 2nd, 2006, 02:25
Maybe he's just playing with us,like a kitty with a yarn ball,ouch.We're the yarn.
lol

Psycho77
June 2nd, 2006, 02:35

Cooe14
June 2nd, 2006, 02:39
The testers are mocking us :( . :p

DPyro
June 2nd, 2006, 02:56
Hey, thats my line :p

sroon
June 2nd, 2006, 02:58
Well... ceriosity killed the kat!
BTW ive released my new map Twister!

sroon
June 2nd, 2006, 03:03
Well... ceriosity killed the kat!
BTW ive released my new map Twister!
In other words if we ask too much or spam like azzwipes like last time we might loose this thread!!

ExcruciationX
June 2nd, 2006, 04:10
$n!pr, what are you hiding???

PSmonkey
June 2nd, 2006, 04:10
nothing is going on with m64 at the current time. Still plugging away on iris & my new game (still in early phase).

Also there wont be 3.0 for a long time. Next release would be 2.1.

sroon
June 2nd, 2006, 04:14
gOOD..nOW back to iris!

Shadowblind
June 2nd, 2006, 05:10
Lets spam and put only a smilie face! GOOD IDEA!!!!

DPyro
June 2nd, 2006, 05:42
Lets spam and put only a smilie face! GOOD IDEA!!!!

LOL :D

BrooksyX
June 2nd, 2006, 05:48
great to hear that you are concentraiting on iris because do to that fact that it is way more playable at the moment i prefir it much more.
cant wait for the next release!

vettacossx
June 2nd, 2006, 20:07
boy now ALL we need is good old WALLY and that genious of geniouses PRODUKT
we have already seen sniper and psmonkey ...lol that would be the whpole god blessed team of m64 KIK ASSS im not in a hurry...all GR8 things take time... especially when its not a port .... oh and aww heres my smiley face

;) <------

Wally
June 3rd, 2006, 08:33
What do you need me for :P

BTW for people who are waiting for a compatibility list update (Its quite a big one too) im afraid you will have to wait until the 21st when I get my macbook which then i can redo the whole thing in iWeb :) also my exams finish on the 19th.

Monkey 64 3.00 would still be a while before it comes out.

I think Strmnrmn would have got his emulator working before then ;) but im overwhelmed by how many roms work in Monkey64 compared to its original release.

Many roms known to not work really do work with some effort.

Here is a hint:

Pokemon snap runs after pressing x about 2000 times :P but output is not that good afterwards

Im not revealing anymore until the new compat list is released (Just to keep you people excited :P) Its about 70% complete

Cheerio Folks
Wally

Cooe14
June 4th, 2006, 20:01
What do you need me for :P

BTW for people who are waiting for a compatibility list update (Its quite a big one too) im afraid you will have to wait until the 21st when I get my macbook which then i can redo the whole thing in iWeb :) also my exams finish on the 19th.

Monkey 64 3.00 would still be a while before it comes out.

I think Strmnrmn would have got his emulator working before then ;) but im overwhelmed by how many roms work in Monkey64 compared to its original release.

Many roms known to not work really do work with some effort.

Here is a hint:

Pokemon snap runs after pressing x about 2000 times :P but output is not that good afterwards

Im not revealing anymore until the new compat list is released (Just to keep you people excited :P) Its about 70% complete

Cheerio Folks
Wally
Welcome to the Mac world :)

Wally
June 5th, 2006, 02:00
Yep!

BALL_SAC
June 5th, 2006, 02:32
I want to see that new fighting game... any screen shots yet?

PSmonkey
June 5th, 2006, 02:51
nope sadly. still planning stage. I am still debating if I will keep my md2 format and rewrite it for speed or upgrade to another format like md3/md4/hl or create a new format and try making an exporter for milkshape.

Also i am still trying to figure out what to do for maps. I'm probably gonna keep with quake3 but need to research a few things first.

ENG
June 6th, 2006, 18:14
md3, md4 or hl would be great, do you think it would be possible, without slowing down the PSP too much?

PSmonkey
June 6th, 2006, 19:26
why would they. Probably even faster.

MD3 is an upgrade to MD2 that suports q3 shader scrips & multiple models (ie split your model into multiple pieces).

MD4 is MD3 with bone/skeletal animation insted of vertex interpolation.

HL is an early format to suport bones. less advance then MD4 but great if you wish to keep things low polygon.

BALL_SAC
June 8th, 2006, 07:35
will we be seeing characters that we already know... like mortal kombat, or street fighter characters?

How sick would that be... Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter!?

With the Fighting game format problem, I say that you should rewrite it in MD3 format. Thats just my opinion because its the same thing as MD2... just a bit better.

mbr7
June 8th, 2006, 09:52

diamondx
June 9th, 2006, 06:29
PSMonkey: The fighters would only have simple animations, right? A few punches and kicks, plus the KO and winning animations? I dont think you need the bone animation, it might be overkill. I think you should use MD3, but I dont know that much and you probably already decided.

All Windows and Mac people: Linux pwns!!! (Ubuntu is my personal favorite) For example, Windows will have a new window system, but Vista costs soo much money? Linux is compleatly free (Ubuntu even ships free CDs), and has GLX... better than the new vista stuff, and FREE!!!! Sorry if I just violated any rules, I just love ubuntu/linux.

gunntims0103
June 9th, 2006, 06:48
cant wait for psmonkey to get back to work on his monkey64 project........he is doin his thing with iris .....i play it all the time cant wait for the next release on both projects

ENG
June 10th, 2006, 15:23
why would they. Probably even faster.

MD3 is an upgrade to MD2 that suports q3 shader scrips & multiple models (ie split your model into multiple pieces).

MD4 is MD3 with bone/skeletal animation insted of vertex interpolation.

HL is an early format to suport bones. less advance then MD4 but great if you wish to keep things low polygon.

I thought it would mean more detail and therefor, slower gameplay, but thanks for proving me wrong :)

PSmonkey
June 10th, 2006, 15:35
Umm Guys. Bones are faster. Why? Because the psp has hw matricies for bones (7 to be exact). Hell the psp even has hw suport for skinning. MD2 requires me to do alot of floating point calculations in software vs letting the hardware do it (which the psp can do for bones).

Also again, The Beat-em up is not a fighter like Street Fighter, Its a beat-em up like Double Dragon, Final Fight & Captain Comando. :)

ENG
June 10th, 2006, 16:25
OK, i'm not at all technical, so i'll just have to believe you. :)
Iris is great and the fighting game sounds like it will be a hit among us PSP homebrewers.

PSmonkey
June 10th, 2006, 18:14
OK, i'm not at all technical, so i'll just have to believe you. :)
Iris is great and the fighting game sounds like it will be a hit among us PSP homebrewers.

Heh, actualy I was not refering to you. I was refering to others who continued to question bones.

Kramer
June 11th, 2006, 15:16
it's pretty funny how it turned out gaydar is actually donkey and he comes here asking when 3.0 is coming out when he says he has a full speed n64 emu

BrooksyX
June 11th, 2006, 15:57
so psmonkey are you basically only working on your new project now?

PSmonkey
June 11th, 2006, 16:12
so psmonkey are you basically only working on your new project now?

Right now I am working on a new engine for iris & the new game. The big reason being Iris is becomming a mess. I might post up 1 more build to iris this week (hopefuly) fixing doors but no promiss on that.

BrooksyX
June 11th, 2006, 16:41
thats cool.

I heard that you were planning on making a modable gui for iris. I think it would be great if you did. It would also be nice if you could make it so like when you highlited a map it would show a picture of it, same for players to.

Shadowblind
June 11th, 2006, 17:51

I have a new-found hate of this smilie

PSmonkey
June 11th, 2006, 18:37
thats cool.

I heard that you were planning on making a modable gui for iris. I think it would be great if you did. It would also be nice if you could make it so like when you highlited a map it would show a picture of it, same for players to.

Way a head of you on that one. While i've yet to do a gui, I did atleast already add in levelshots to the main menu. It's pretty :)

stotheamuel
June 11th, 2006, 18:51
Great news, monkey!

I have a new-found hate of this smilie

yeah too perfect

BALL_SAC
June 11th, 2006, 20:47
... So this game is a beat-em-up, and not a fighting game?
Please.. make a fighting game instead, beat em up is getting way to repetitive. Look at beats of rage and its mods. TO MUCH. Good luck either way.

PSmonkey
June 11th, 2006, 21:09
... So this game is a beat-em-up, and not a fighting game?
Please.. make a fighting game instead, beat em up is getting way to repetitive. Look at beats of rage and its mods. TO MUCH. Good luck either way.

I think a beat-em up has more replay value on a handheld since it's more arcade like (you wont just sit and beat the game in 1 sitting like you would on a console, insted you would play in burst).

As for fighters, Not interested since it would take a serious amount of work with an animator.

BrooksyX
June 11th, 2006, 21:27
Way a head of you on that one. While i've yet to do a gui, I did atleast already add in levelshots to the main menu. It's pretty :)

sounds sweet.

Also if you do release an updated version this week, any chance there could be inverted controls for the advanced option. (You said you would before, hope you didnt forget)
thanks.

one more thing, a crosshair would be nice to, especially if it was modable so each character could have its own.

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 00:21
Sounds great monkey! :p

ImMuN3
June 12th, 2006, 02:41
sounds sweet.

Also if you do release an updated version this week, any chance there could be inverted controls for the advanced option. (You said you would before, hope you didnt forget)
thanks.

one more thing, a crosshair would be nice to, especially if it was modable so each character could have its own.

i think a crosshair would be awesome

BALL_SAC
June 13th, 2006, 02:41
Yeah, a fighting game would take a long ass time, but diffently doable... I just think you should do some other fight thing

Shilo
June 13th, 2006, 06:01
I think a beat-em up has more replay value on a handheld since it's more arcade like (you wont just sit and beat the game in 1 sitting like you would on a console, insted you would play in burst).

As for fighters, Not interested since it would take a serious amount of work with an animator.

I agree, a beat-em up would be better on a handheld. I can't wait PSmonkey!!!!!! Have you come up with a name yet?

Zion
June 14th, 2006, 01:15
I think it should be called BeatFreak2006 ! :p

Accordion
June 14th, 2006, 21:19
i suggest

Kicking A Donkey In The Balls 2006

mesosade
June 17th, 2006, 19:17
instead of talkin on future releases I think we should come up with title that take the mick out of psdonkey all who agree???

carrotman97
June 18th, 2006, 23:18
BSdonkey the encoder strikes back.....

you do better!:D

P.s. BS stands for Bull Shit if you didn't know;)

baller101
June 19th, 2006, 00:09
that psdonkey person made daedalus compatible with monkey64. this is what he wrote over at psp-hacks.com
#############

For those of you who have been asking me to make Daedalus combatible with Monkey64, I went ahead and recompiled the source to have the same folder for the rom games that Monkey64 uses. Remember, in this new version, there is no "Rom" folder anymore. You can now use the same folder that Monkey64 uses. just goto the root of your memory stick where your PSP fodler is and create a new folder called "n64". Place all your n64 rom games in that folder like you would if you were using Monkey64. That way, you don't need to have 2 seperate folders for each emualtor and you don't need duplicate games in your memory stick taking up double the memory. i also added a new eboot icons and change the menu a bit also.

Here are the files:

Daedalus R5 new for version 1.00
http://rapidshare.de/files/23173150/Daedauls_100_R5_New.rar.html

Daedalus R5 new for version 1.50
http://rapidshare.de/files/23173229/Daedalus_150_R5_New.rar.html

If any of you want to download the source or to see any of the changes I made, i went ahead and uploaded the entire source onto StrmnNrmn's blog

Once again, all 100% credit goes to StrmnNrmn and his hard work on this project.
################

The new menu looks pretty cool and the games run a little bit faster to.
here is the full story

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about31411.html

sroon
June 19th, 2006, 00:34
Sup donk?

Zion
June 19th, 2006, 00:49
noooooooooooooooooo. Will the donkey crap ever go away?

bullhead
June 19th, 2006, 01:09
Someone should close this thread. Talking about him only makes him feel good in the knowledge that he annoys everyone, and it upsets the rest of us.
Lets have this thread closed maybe.

Kaiser
June 19th, 2006, 01:13
Sup donk?

Yes baller101 is Donkey. They share an IP address along with a bunch of other Donkey accounts. He'll be quiet for now.

Accordion
June 19th, 2006, 13:51
well he's persistant and dedicated at least...

sroon
June 19th, 2006, 15:53
i suggest

Kicking A Donkey In The Balls 2006
I suggest kicking a donkey in the viggina 2006 times!

DPyro
June 19th, 2006, 16:22
Too much spam.

LOCKED.