PDA

View Full Version : Pandora News = A bunch of Updates

wraggster
October 30th, 2009, 23:27
News from Evil dragon:

Hi folks!

We got overwhelmed with eMails, so it took a while to answer them all - and also to find a few minutes to post at this blog again.

Quite a few things have happened, if you followed the boards, you might've seen most of them.
If not, here are the latest news for you:

1. WiFi is working!
Yep, finally, after months of hard work by mostly DJWillis (with help from other devs), WiFi is working!
WEP, WPA, WPA2... including one of the best GUIs, the Network Manager are working fine!
Additionally, XFCE is shaping up, so you might even get a REAL cool desktop manager!

2. Cases will ship sometime this week
According to the company which creates the moulds, the first samples of the cases should ship within this week (they didn't say any exact date).
That does mean that they should arrive latest next week - and if everything is fine, it's CASE MASS PRODUCTION time. Yeeeha!

3. First preview of Silk Screening for the case
Michael released a very first version of the silk screening for the case which led to this gp32x.com-Thread. You guys did provide a lot of good ideas there which we will implement into a final version. Thanks! You're a really cool community.

4. Emulation goodness
Devving for the Pandora continues. There's now a first version of a MUPEN port already - an N64 emulator.
Thanks to Ari64, Pickle and all the devs involved (you can find out more infos about it on this GP32x.com thread)

Here's a nice video of Michael playing Super Mario 64. The sound is stuttering as emulation is not fullspeed yet, but it's really really promising already.

http://www.youtube.com/v/DgP6PEhH4uQ

5. CE Testing documents and shielding
As I promised in my last blog post (though a lot of time passed), everybody who's interested can take a peek at the documents.
Michael already shielded the LCD cable, so everything should be fine now.

http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en

the_eternal_dark
October 31st, 2009, 01:56
First mass production run has started, I am waiting in line for this to release and I will have one of these as soon as possible. Nice speed on the N64 emulator, a little more work and it will own.

booradley1212
October 31st, 2009, 02:58
when i see goldeneye and/ or perfect dark running at or almost full speed, i will purchase a pandora.