PDA

View Full Version : How would you change Sony's PlayStation 3 Slim?

wraggster
October 31st, 2009, 20:08
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/10/ps3-slim-official-sony.jpg

For the most part, we'd say that Sony addressed the concerns of many when it introduced the PlayStation 3 Slim. The console was smaller, cheaper and easier on the eyes, and of course the 120GB hard drive didn't hurt matters either. That said, we know that the redesign didn't please everyone, and we've heard more than a few PS3 diehards complain about the new design. If it were you designing a newer, less expensive PlayStation 3, what would you have done differently? Kept PS2 backwards compatibility? Colored it white? Added HD DVD support? Don't be scared to get a little crazy -- besides, they call that "innovation" in the corporate world.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/30/how-would-you-change-sonys-playstation-3-slim/

skipboris
October 31st, 2009, 22:02
PS2 BC. Other than that it's fine. When you add back in all the bells and whistles (extra usb ports, memory card reader, etc) the price goes back up.

Baboon
October 31st, 2009, 22:25
Maybe put Linux back in?

wraggster
October 31st, 2009, 22:33
personally i wish for those who have PS3s with the PS2 hardware built in to have the ability to load PS2 games from anywhere in the world.

same for dvds and blueray, why the hell do we have crappy region blocks in these days :(

jamotto
November 1st, 2009, 02:54
I would add the touch sensitive buttons, the master power switch in the back and the polarized outlet plug.

Eviltaco64
November 1st, 2009, 03:09
Re-add the master power switch, hardware PS2 backwards compatibility, Linux support.

The last two would especially make the PS3 more desirable in my eyes.

acn010
November 1st, 2009, 07:05
as for me... i has both!!!! :D

lmtlmt
November 1st, 2009, 11:06
make it less fugly, nuff said

Shrygue
November 1st, 2009, 20:15
What would I like on the 2nd generation PS3? Well first off and some have been mentioned by other before me, I would like to have:

4 USB ports on the front, or two at the front, two behind.
A main switch behind the console
Memory Card readers.
PS2 backward compatibility, hardware based desirable.
Touch sensitive power and disk eject buttons.
The option to install Linux (and please unlock RSX access too).
the Spiderman font branding retained.
The console looking better than some cheap knockoff and not having to be wider than the first gen model.
Some more air vents, for cooler running

All those would make the slimline PS3 in my opinion.

Eviltaco64
November 1st, 2009, 21:17
What would I like on the 2nd generation PS3? Well first off and some have been mentioned by other before me, I would like to have:

4 USB ports on the front, or two at the front, two behind.
A main switch behind the console
Memory Card readers.
PS2 backward compatibility, hardware based desirable.
Touch sensitive power and disk eject buttons.
The option to install Linux (and please unlock RSX access too).
the Spiderman font branding retained.
The console looking better than some cheap knockoff and not having to be wider than the first gen model.
Some more air vents, for cooler running

All those would make the slimline PS3 in my opinion.

Yeah, this. :)

acn010
November 2nd, 2009, 05:45
what Shrygue said, but 4 in front, 2 in back for usb

Qmark
November 3rd, 2009, 08:36
Stop blocking Action Replay/Gameshark/Exploder/etc.